Satan vs me

Satan vs me

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
29 Sep 16

Originally posted by chaney3
The 'god element' regarding sobriety is not something that I created. AA teaches from day one that you must admit being 'powerless' over alcohol, and that your own will power is of little or no use.
So are you blaming god or are you blaming what AA teaches?

What personal responsibility - without blaming anyone or anything else - do you actually take for tackling your problem?

F

Moves
29 Sep 16

[b]I don't blame God for my failure, like I am being accused of here, I actually blame AA for forcing the theory of being powerless, with the burden of being healed put squarely on God's shoulders./b]
You have been blaming god for months. You have also been blaming Jesus too. Openly. Unequivocally. Repeatedly.

F

Moves
29 Sep 16

I actually blame AA for forcing the theory of being powerless, with the burden of being healed put squarely on God's shoulders.
"Forcing"? How were you forced? How can a theory be forced?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 Sep 16

Originally posted by twhitehead
In what way?
AA is illogical. For example, the first step says you are powerless over your addiction to alcohol - but if that were so, then there is no point in doing the other steps!

AA is dishonest. For example, they claim to be not religious - but five of the steps refer to capital G God or to capital H Him (or both!) directly. They use the serenity prayer constantly, which is a prayer to the christian god. Courts have found AA to be a religious organization. And so on.

AA is harmful. Besides claiming that you are powerless, they hammer on your flaws and insist you can never take care of yourself. The numbers are hard to pin down, but the success rate of AA may be less than the rate of spontaneous recovery.

Here's a site that just puts facts before our eyes so we can see that the organization is very wretched.
https://www.orange-papers.org/orange-aalies.html

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 Sep 16

Btw, the serenity prayer itself has a huge fatal logic flaw in it. Can you find it?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 Sep 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
How old are you,11?
not yet

c

Moves
30 Sep 16

Originally posted by apathist
Btw, the serenity prayer itself has a huge fatal logic flaw in it. Can you find it?
I've said that prayer countless times. I would be interested in knowing the flaw.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 Sep 16

I've said that prayer countless times. I would be interested in knowing the flaw.
Okay. Please forgive me.

"...Courage to change the things I can, ..."

I can burn your house down. I can change your house from unburnt to burnt. The serenity prayer beseeches for me the courage to do so.

Kinda problematic, right? There is a simple fix. Can you find it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 16

Satan seems to be winning.
The Precious Blood of Christ is a short talk which may help you to overcome accusation and guilt. To overcome sinning, you may not see this yet, but overcoming accusation and guilt is involved.

The video is not long. I recommend you watch it.
The Christian brothers who put it together do live exemplary spiritually victorious lives.

Moves
01 Oct 16

Originally posted by sonship
[b]The Precious Blood of Christ is a short talk which may help you to overcome accusation and guilt. To overcome sinning, you may not see this yet, but overcoming accusation and guilt is involved.

The video is not long. I recommend you watch it.
The Christian brothers who put it together do live exemplary spiritually victorious lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrq5oTOYl8A[/b]
Nice concise gospel rooted video.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
02 Oct 16

oh god forgive me?

maybe, if you torture my son to death first

c

Moves
02 Oct 16

oh god forgive me?

maybe, if you torture my son to death first
You don't agree with the Jesus narrative?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
02 Oct 16

You don't agree with the Jesus narrative?
I love myth!

c

Moves
02 Oct 16

I love myth!
Why myth? How do you know it's not true?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
02 Oct 16

Why myth? How do you know it's not true?
I look around. I see the world. I've heard of lots and lots of gods. I don't see many of them in the world.