Satan vs me

Satan vs me

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Oct 16

Originally posted by apathist
oh god forgive me?

maybe, if you torture my son to death first
You skillful at thinking up cynical things to say about the Gospel.
Did you ever think to apply yourself to a deeper understanding of it ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Oct 16
3 edits

I love myth!
I take that to mean that you love to think of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John as harmless mythic material. I think you love to have the sense of comfort it gives you to dismiss the life and words of Christ as purely fictional.

No doubt, Jesus Christ is sometimes a bothering Figure to us.

I think that is what you mean by "I love myth".

You should grow spiritually and psychologically to love the truth.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Oct 16
1 edit

Originally posted by chaney3
Did God create me?
And if He did, was alcoholism part of it?

In a very real sense you can be re-created. Now you can spend an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out if and why God created you with an addiction. But I think a better use of time would be to avail yourself of the fact that God can re-create you in Christ a man of God.

Look at this verse. It is about being "in Christ" - in the realm of a living and available Person. And in that sphere and realm you may be made a new creation.

" So then if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation,

The old things have passed away; behold, they have become new." ( 2 Cor. 5:17)

Those are not just idle words. They can be "taken to the bank."

Now you talked above about the ineffectiveness of the AAA prayer. I would change any prayer that proved to be not effective.

I have quoted to you a verse that says in Christ a man is a new creation. And the old things are passed away and, behold, new things are here. This was written by a man whom God inwardly changed from a blaspheming Christ hating persecutor of Christians to an apostle who wrote 13 of the New Testament's 27 books.

In the next post I will try to share what I think would be a much more effective way to pray based on Second Corinthians 5:17 .

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Oct 16

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, Your servant Paul said I could be a new creation in Christ. Your servant said the old things could pass away and become new things.

Lord Jesus, if it were just a matter of my personal happiness, maybe it would not mean very much to You. But Lord Jesus, YOU need me to become a "new creation" for Your purpose. Lord Jesus, You need me to be "in Christ" for the accomplishing of Your will.

Lord Jesus, You want ambassadors of Christ. For Your servant also said -

"But all things are out from God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Christ and has given us the ministry of reconcilation." (verse 18)

Lord Jesus, I want to be a new creation that I too may be entrusted with this message of reconciliation, Lord Jesus, think of the hope my loved ones would have if they witnessed Your transforming power in my life. They too would then want to be reconciled to God.

For the sake of Your will, O Lord, put me deeply "in Christ" and make me a "new creation."

Lord Jesus, Your servant also wrote:

" .. that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not accounting their offenses to them, and has put in us the word of reconciliation.

On behalf of Christ then we are embassadors, as God entreats you through us; we beseech you on behalf of Christ, Be reconciled to God." (vs. 19,20)

Lord soften my heart that I may surrender to be reconciled to God for Your purpose, or Your will, for Your kingdom. I don't ask you to forgive my sins and transform me only just for my personal happiness. May you forgive, save, and transform me in Christ for the furtherance of Your kingdom and Your eternal purpose.

Thankyou Lord Jesus, for washing me of my sins and beginning to grow in me for deliverance and transformation. Lord, for Your will, make the old things pass away. Lord for Your purpose make them become new.

Lord Jesus for Your eternal kingdom and your desire to make me an ambassador, put me thoroughly "in Christ" in the deepest parts of my being. Make me Lord, a new creation. Amen."

Start each day early in the morning praying something like this. That is with a willingness to have Jesus Christ as your total new center and on the throne of your heart.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
07 Oct 16

Originally posted by sonship
You skillful at thinking up cynical things to say about the Gospel.
Did you ever think to apply yourself to a deeper understanding of it ?
Yes. I learned there is no wisdom in the bible that isn't found elsewhere and with much nicer packaging. The whole 'believe as we do or you go to Hell!' spoils the Abrahamic religions for me.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
07 Oct 16

Originally posted by sonship
I take that to mean that you love to think of [b]Matthew, Mark, Luke, John as harmless mythic material. I think you love to have the sense of comfort it gives you to dismiss the life and words of Christ as purely fictional.

No doubt, Jesus Christ is sometimes a bothering Figure to us.

I think that is what you mean by "I love myth".

You should grow spiritually and psychologically to love the truth.[/b]
Jesus is just all right with me, even though he's lipstick on a pig. Btw the bible has a lot on non-mythic material in it, but so does Lord of the Rings.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Oct 16

Yes. I learned there is no wisdom in the bible that isn't found elsewhere and with much nicer packaging. The whole 'believe as we do or you go to Hell!' spoils the Abrahamic religions for me.
Actually sin is what will cause you to be condemn, salvation is only found in Jesus Christ
who is the Way, Truth, and the Life.

Moves
08 Oct 16

The whole 'believe as we do or you go to Hell!' spoils the Abrahamic religions for me.
That teaching is as man-made as Sunday being the sabbath, the rapture, the secret rapture, the trinity, Jesus being an angel, or transubstantiation.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
08 Oct 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
Actually sin is what will cause you to be condemn, salvation is only found in Jesus Christ
who is the Way, Truth, and the Life.
He died for our sins, so we're golden.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
08 Oct 16

Originally posted by divegeester
That teaching is as man-made as Sunday being the sabbath, the rapture, the secret rapture, the trinity, Jesus being an angel, or transubstantiation.
Good! So belief in any particular christian's version of christianity is not required by the christian god. We should be talking about how best to live instead of talking about which if any of the gods we should believe in.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Oct 16

He died for our sins, so we're golden.
He died for our sins because we are sinners.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
09 Oct 16
2 edits

He died for our sins because we are sinners.
Guilty of being born human, just as his all-powerful all-knowing father made us, I know. He is so angry that only by allowing his son to be tortured to death will he forgive us. Nice of them both, sure.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 16

Guilty of being born human, just as his all-powerful all-knowing father made us, I know. He is so angry that only by allowing his son to be tortured to death will he forgive us. Nice of them both, sure.
Yet you ignore them.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
10 Oct 16

Yet you ignore them.
??? kinda in yr face opposite

I advocate the spiritual need

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves