1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    28 Jul '05 22:37
    Has anyone ever met a true Satanist ? I've heard that these people do exist, but I've never to my knowledge ran into one. I known every other screwball type of of cultist, but never a Satanist. Are they strickly the subject matter of movies or do they roam the earth.
  2. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    28 Jul '05 22:51
    Originally posted by buckky
    Has anyone ever met a true Satanist ? I've heard that these people do exist, but I've never to my knowledge ran into one. I known every other screwball type of of cultist, but never a Satanist. Are they strickly the subject matter of movies or do they roam the earth.
    I have met satanists. They'd be happy to know you consider them screwball.

I have not however seen a satanist tell someone that they had to join there religion or they were lost.

I have also met wiccas wiccans pagans... etc.

None of these people ever tried to convert and or save me.
  3. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    28 Jul '05 23:00
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    I have met satanists. They'd be happy to know you consider them screwball.

I have not however seen a satanist tell someone that they had to join there religion or they were lost.

I have also met wiccas wiccans pagans... etc.

None of these people ever tried to convert and or save me.
    maybe that's cause they're trying to save all the top positions in hell for themselves 😉
  4. Calgary
    Moves
    28 Jul '05 23:24
    I checked out their website once and liked what I was reading, but ultimately decided it wasn't for me.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 08:081 edit
    Has anyone ever met a true Satanist ? Are they strickly the subject matter of movies or do they roam the earth.
    They exist. I've met a couple in Johannesburg. The idea is to access repressed energies generally labeled "evil", conveniently symbolised by Satan. You don't have to believe in Satan's existence to be a Satanist.

The performer Boyd Rice used to be high up in the Church of Satan. www.boydrice.com

Satanism is the devil's yoga.

A combination of Satanic ritual and scientology is sure to get you far in life!

6. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 08:391 edit
    I too have met satanists. I imagine they were far removed from your average christian view of what a satanist would be. They were not into killing, sacrifice or hatred, but instead they believed in the base instincts which christianity supresses, jealousy, lust etc. They thought it was right to express your natural desires and emotions just as they claimed satan did when god cast him aside. They believed that christianity was a misguided cult of false witnessing and that satan had been demonised to scare people to god.

Although I found their beliefs to be as riddled with holes as most christians, I found their perspective refreshingly different and surprisingly un-evil. Although I am guessing that just as christianity exists in a plethera of ways/beliefs, so too does satanism and there are fundamentalists who are dangerous in all religions. Thes people were, I guess, mild satanists, though I cannot recall if they had their own sect which differed from other schools of thought.
  7. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 08:402 edits
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    They exist. I've met a couple in Johannesburg. The idea is to access repressed energies generally labeled "evil", conveniently symbolised by Satan. You don't have to believe in Satan's existence to be a Satanist.

The performe ...[text shortened]... nic ritual and scientology is sure to get you far in life!

Maybe you should check out Anton LaVey's Satanist Church on http://www.churchofsatan.com where he claims to be the Black Pope. By the way, a favourite satanistic ritual is sacrafice, preferably human. Satanisms is the antithesis of Christianity... which by the way is part of their church statement.

edit: I noticed that LaVey died in 1997. Oops. I guess they must have another replacement.
  8. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 08:51
    it might be interesting to examine Satan's role in Christianity.

what function does it serve to have a source for Prime Evil? and, as far as the Bible is concerned, what is Satan's "evil" or "sin"? because he used to be a favored Arch Angel. he was cast out of heaven when he refused to serve God. it seems to me that henceforth, Christianity demonizes the impulse to set one's self free from servitude. consider Jesus's image on the usual Catholic cross: bloody, suffering, burdened with the world's sins... thus Christianity has made an idol of painful servitude and a demon of selfish pride.
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 13:25
    If one believes in Satan than one must also believe in the Christian God. It follows that if one believes in Satan than one must also believe in the Holy Bible. Who in the HELL would want to be a Satanist knowing full well that you will end up on the losing side??? It's like going to a Globetrotters game and cheering for the Generals. STOOPID.
  10. Forgotten
    Moves
    01 Aug '05 03:49
    there are really and truly satanists in the world
  11. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    01 Aug '05 05:13
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I too have met satanists. I imagine they were far removed from your average christian view of what a satanist would be. They were not into killing, sacrifice or hatred, but instead they believed in the base instincts which christianity supresses, jealousy, lust etc. They thought it was right to express your natural desires and emotions just as they claim ...[text shortened]... though I cannot recall if they had their own sect which differed from other schools of thought.
    This is also the view that was expressed to me by the self proclaimed satanists that I have met. From my discussions with them I believe that their label misrepresents their actual beliefs (i.e. they do not really worship satan as a theist worships their god). Likewise, I assume that there exists many different "brands" of satanism. Thusly, I have concluded that "satanism" is much like "christianity" in that it is, or atleast has become, a generic label, a band wagon term from which little can be divined about the individuals true beliefs and ideals.
  12. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Aug '05 10:24
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    This is also the view that was expressed to me by the self proclaimed satanists that I have met. From my discussions with them I believe that their label misrepresents their actual beliefs (i.e. they do not really worship satan as a theist worships their god). Likewise, I assume that there exists many different "brands" of satanism. Thusly, I have conclu ...[text shortened]... band wagon term from which little can be divined about the individuals true beliefs and ideals.
    Indeed, I would certainly concur. I would also go as far as to suggest that a large nuber of "Satanists" are in fact not Satanists at all, but people who have assumed that label under the banner of being overtly angry, violent or socially defective.
  13. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    01 Aug '05 15:40
    Originally posted by Darth Sponge
    it might be interesting to examine Satan's role in Christianity.

what function does it serve to have a source for Prime Evil? and, as far as the Bible is concerned, what is Satan's "evil" or "sin"? because he used to be a favored Arch Angel. he was cast out of heaven when he refused to serve God. it seems to me that henceforth, Christianity d ...[text shortened]... s... thus Christianity has made an idol of painful servitude and a demon of selfish pride.
    First of all, Satan does not have a 'role' in Christianity. Not in the sense that your post suggests. He was not written into a storyline to fill some theatrical gap, as it were. Rather, he is an historical figure. He was created as an angel, like other angels, decided that he would rather be in God's place, inevitably lost that battle and was cast out.

In his growing hatred for God, he found he could deceive Eve and Adam into rebelling against God. Whether they knew it or not (probably not), they joined with him against God. You might say they became the first 'satanists'.

as far as the Bible is concerned, what is Satan's "evil" or "sin"? because he used to be a favored Arch Angel. he was cast out of heaven when he refused to serve God.

Are you suggesting that satan should have been allowed to rule heaven in God's place? Or that he should have been given half of the Kingdom? Or that if all of the created angels decided the same thing, they should each be given an equal share? Things don't work that way. If my 18 year old son came to me with such a claim to my home, he would be forced to move out as well.

As far as being 'demonized', I think that that is what Lucifer (as he was called before) did to himself. Instead of truthfully acknowledging the glory of God and accepting his own place as a created being, he began to change himself into a creature of pride and delusion. Instead of an 'angel of light' he transformed himself into the 'prince of darkness'; a demon.

Now satan stands as the example of prideful rebellion; setting one's self above even the most obvious righteous authority. And Jesus, since He came willingly to suffer death on that bloody cross, stands as the example of God's willingness to put the desperate need of even the most pitiful sinner (who WILL humble himself properly) above His own claims.
  14. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Aug '05 15:49
    Originally posted by chinking58
    First of all, Satan does not have a 'role' in Christianity. Not in the sense that your post suggests. He was not written into a storyline to fill some theatrical gap, as it were. Rather, he is an historical figure. He was created as an angel, like other angels, decided that he would rather be in God's place, inevitably lost that battle and was cast ...[text shortened]... need of even the most pitiful sinner (who WILL humble himself properly) above His own claims.
    If god created the angels, and they were filled with sin (pride, anger etc) did god create that sin? What was the point of creating sin? Previous to creating humans, was there a need for it? Were angels flawed and god had to try again? Did god make a mistake the first time round? Was Satan jealous of humans?

I'd seriously like to here your answers, I have always wondered what theology consist of if we look at a point prior to human creation.
  15. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Aug '05 01:22
    Originally posted by Starrman
    If god created the angels, and they were filled with sin (pride, anger etc) did god create that sin? What was the point of creating sin? Previous to creating humans, was there a need for it? Were angels flawed and god had to try again? Did god make a mistake the first time round? Was Satan jealous of humans?

I'd seriously like to here your answers, I have always wondered what theology consist of if we look at a point prior to human creation.
    Not Flawed, God Just gave everyone, Including angels, free will.

Do you think the angels should be living robots?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree