1. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 15:26
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]And was arrogant enough to think he could win the necessary battle.

Oh, I see. He did not know the consequences of his actions. He was not omniscient. His defiance of God came from ignorance.[/b]
    Does being 'non-omniscient' mean knowing nothing? No. I think Lucifer knew enough, but arrogance and power-lust pushed him beyond reason. It happens all the time doesn't it? Hitler, for example. And the dentist from Milwaukee who rigged the slalom-skiing course so he could always win! He said his 'zeal to win' got the best of him!
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 23:35
    Originally posted by chinking58
    Does being 'non-omniscient' mean knowing [b]nothing? No. I think Lucifer knew enough, but arrogance and power-lust pushed him beyond reason. It happens all the time doesn't it? Hitler, for example. And the dentist from Milwaukee who rigged the slalom-skiing course so he could always win! He said his 'zeal to win' got the best of him![/b]
    No, being non-omniscient does not mean knowing nothing. However, Lucifer could not have known enough. He had a 0% chance of winning, yet thought he had a pretty good chance of winning. This lack of knowledge on his part; this ignorance; led to his defiance. God could have given him the knowlege Lucifer really needed to make his choice, but then there's no chance Lucifer would have defied God. God kept Lucifer ignorant and in his ignorance Lucifer defied God.

Why do you think Hitler was pushed beyond reason? I simply think his values and mine were vastly different. I don't think he lacked reason (though I don't know that much about the man).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree