Originally posted by stocken
Satanism is quite interesting, it seems. I thought it was just a bunch of weirdos sacrificing virgins to a an entity that might not exist. I have so much yet to learn. :
[Edit: not being sarcastic]
For sure, I know very little myself. I think some of their stuff is pretty good and some of it just seems hokey. Take their "The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth" for example.
1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
Ok, this is probably good advice, but isn't it sort of like "Don't read this sentence"?
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
Good advice. I hate people that bitch all the time.
3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
? That seems a bit forced, but still probably good advice.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
Hmm . . . I don't have a lair
myself, but it seems that I could be a little better host than LaVey commands here.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
The mating signal?? What the hell is that? Still this might be direct proof that Satanism promotes rape.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
Fine. That's fair I suppose, though if you're starving stealing a little bread is okay in my book. These Satanists seem pretty well-behaved folk as long as you're not pissing them off in their "lair."
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
Whatever you say, Merlin. On the otherhand, I believe Satanic magic is supposed to be ritual that focuses you toward a goal, not a supernatural hokus pokus, so maybe he's trying to get you to psyche yourself out.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
Great! A second warning against bitching. If the 10 commandments had just one of these, maybe we wouldn't have this stupid War on Christmas BS.
9. Do not harm little children.
Ah . . . that's nice.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
Talk about upstanding folk. Unlike those xian hunter societies where big game and the Bible go hand in hand.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
Riiiiiight . . .
First, WTF is "open territory"? Does that mean not their lair and not your lair? And WTF does "destroy him" mean? Silly.