VenomFangX talks about Science and Scientism:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y184H70tM3o&feature=relmfu
    Hallelujah
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 14:50
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Thunderfoot, hefty YouTube Atheist, challenged VenomFangX, YouTube Christian apologist, to produce a scientific advancement inspired by anything written in the bible.

According to Rational Round Table host Michael J. Crawford, VenomFangX answered the challenged with a verse from the book of Psalms.

Interested in Crawford's critique on the debate b ...[text shortened]... oot ? [b]8:10 specifically on the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYk0xN9nzUQ[/b]
    im sure the bible has inspired many things, some great art for a start, brilliant comedy and science according to the video. getting inspiration from something doesnt mean what inspired you to do science was science itself.

it seems to me the bible wants to have its cake and eat it. if something in the bible sounds a bit like a modern scientific theory its because god invented science. if there is something the bible cannot explain, then science is making it up. if there is something in the bilbe that cannot be explained by science, it is because god can do anything. just pick and choose which one you want to suit your argument.
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 14:52
    Originally posted by tim88
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KihRrbY1_ZI
    Ok well that is where you got this load of cobblers from but it does nothing to address the fact that it's a load of cobblers.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 14:57
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    im sure the bible has inspired many things, some great art for a start, brilliant comedy and science according to the video. getting inspiration from something doesnt mean what inspired you to do science was science itself.

it seems to me the bible wants to have its cake and eat it. if something in the bible sounds a bit like a modern scientific the ...[text shortened]... t is because god can do anything. just pick and choose which one you want to suit your argument.
    Sounds good to me. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 15:00
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Actually, when I read humy's post, I wondered about this.

I didn't give tim88's post more than a casual glance (for obvious reasons), but humy's post seemed to be saying that the Bible did not predict lots of other scientific facts. This, of itself, does not invalidate the premise behind the post.

Maybe humy meant that there were scientific fact ...[text shortened]... ood news is that God says he can fit me in next Tuesday, Thursday at the latest. Honest.
    humy's post does not contain logical fallacies because IT ASKED QUESTIONS rather than made arguments.

Good ones actually.

For his post to contain logical fallacies he would have to have made flawed logical arguments.

Instead he asked questions designed to expose weaknesses in the arguments of the OP.

Thus humy's posts not only didn't but couldn't contain logical fallacies.

And as I said was right on point.
  6. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 15:02
    Hallelujah
    If you are going to use this as an argument, then at least spell it correctly (capital Y instead of j) and then insert a smug smiley face after it.

Ron will show you the way. It's a clincher.
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 15:05
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    If you are going to use this as an argument, then at least spell it correctly (capital Y instead of j) and then insert a smug smiley face after it.

Ron will show you the way. It's a clincher.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallelujah

Hallelujah, also spelled halleluiah, halleluyah, and the Greek and Latin form alleluia are transliterations of the Hebrew word הללו יה (Modern halleluya, Tiberian halləlûyāh) meaning "Praise Yah" or "Praise Jah, you people".[1][2] "Praise Jah" is a shortened form of "Praise Yahweh",[3][4][5] or, in another transliteration of the name, "Praise Jehovah",[6] It is used in different ways in Christian liturgies.[7] The last syllable is from the first two letters of the name of God, YHWH (also written JHVH). Hallelujah is found primarily in the book of Psalms. The word is used in Judaism as part of the Hallel prayers, and in Christian prayer.[8] It has been accepted into the English language and has a similar pronunciation in many other languages.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 15:06
    Hallelujah
    tim, come on tiger...time to take googlefudge down. he's fallen right into your trap. go through his post point by point and explain why he's wrong. perfect opportunity for you right here to make a stand.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 15:06
    1. Only in recent years has science discovered that everything we see is composed of invisible atoms. Here, Scripture tells us that the "things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

2. Medical science has only recently discovered that blood-clotting in a newborn reaches its peak on the eighth day, then drops. The Bible consistently says ...[text shortened]... faith based on established evidence." (11:3 continued
    We have people who refuse to think on this forum when it comes to the
    recognition of the truth in the Holy Bible. I think googlefudge is a perfect
    example for you.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 15:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We have people who refuse to think on this forum when it comes to the
    recognition of the truth in the Holy Bible. I think googlefudge is a perfect
    example for you.
    maybe you would like to step up to the plate for timmy and walk us through googlefudges riposte point by point? time for you to shine big guy.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 15:14
    Originally posted by humy
    Science tells us that we and life evolved via Darwinian natural selection and the Earth and the universe is billions of years old -is this contradicted by the literal interpretation of the Bible?

Also: thunder and lighting isn't caused by a god being angry but is cause by electricity and atoms are made of electrons, protons and neutrons and gravity curves sp ...[text shortened]... mc2 and …. need I go on?
    How well did religious scripture explain all these significant facts?
    Not only do you misrepresent what the Holy Bible says, you also misrepresent
    science facts. You do not know the difference between science fact and science
    fiction. 😏
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 15:15
    maybe you would like to step up to the plate for timmy and walk us through googlefudges riposte point by point? time for you to shine big guy.
    Nah, RJHinds is too much of a coward to enter into an actual debate.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 15:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Not only do you misrepresent what the Holy Bible says, you also misrepresent
    science facts. You do not know the difference between science fact and science
    fiction. 😏
    And here we have the proof.

RJHinds can't actually defend his position so he just insults the people making the counter arguments.
  14. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 15:22
    tim, come on tiger...time to take googlefudge down. he's fallen right into your trap. go through his post point by point and explain why he's wrong. perfect opportunity for you right here to make a stand.
    ∞
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 15:231 edit
    Don't have time right now. I have to leave to go to the pharmacy
    to pick up medicine for my wife and do some other things. Anyway,
    googlfudge is too hard headed to take criticism for he apparently
    thinks he knows more than anyone who has faith in God. To him
    and Proper Knob, a person has to be an idiot to believe in God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree