1. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 12:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Holy Bible is not a science book and it was not written for that purpose.
    It was written to provide guidance and special revelation to manknind. But
    on matters of science, it has always been proven right in the end when skeptics
    have thought it said something it did not say. For example, the skeptic you
    gave the link to is all wrong on his understa ...[text shortened]... been proven. So
    until that time you can stop your ignorant posts about it. HalleluYah !!!
    Sorry, my mistake, you have replied to Googlefudge and I missed it.

Unfortunately you have not responded to a single point that Googlefudge raised. He went through the OP point by point detailing why each one was not evidence of either the divine inspiration or the correctness of the bible.

I think what we need is a reasoned response to even just one of Googlefudges points.

Choose one, any one you like, and demonstrate why Googlefudges critic of the original point in the OP is not valid.

--- Penguin.
  2. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 12:51
    that's what it says in the bible not you or your GF can change that! the bible is wrong about nothing hallelujah
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 13:04
    Originally posted by tim88
    that's what it says in the bible not you or your GF can change that! the bible is wrong about nothing hallelujah
    "the bible is wrong about nothing hallelujah"

even the old testament? are you sure?
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 13:07
    Who are you talking to?

And...

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_name.html

http://www.evilbible.com/Biblical%20Contradictions.htm

http://www.evilbible.com/Rape.htm

http://www.evilbible.com/Slavery.htm

http://www.evilbible.com/Jesus_Lied.htm

http://www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/science/long.html

If the bible is wrong about nothing then you must condone slavery,
    believe that an unbetrothed virgin should be forced to marry any man
    that rapes her, And any other rape victim should simply be stoned to death.
    You should believe that homosexuals should be stoned, and that witches exist
    and should be burned at the stake.
    Oh and you have to dismiss and ignore the entirety of science and every piece of
    technology that it has developed and made possible.

Which includes your computer and the internet.

So goodbye. o/
  5. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 15:19
    i was talking about that bibles prophecies have correctly predicted events - after all that's what this thread is about
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 15:35
    i was talking about that bibles prophecies have correctly predicted events - after all that's what this thread is about
    No it isn't.

This is [to the best of my knowledge] the first time anyone in this thread has mentioned
    biblical prophecy.

And it's certainly not what your op was about.

Your op was talking about the bible allegedly containing scientific facts and didn't mention
    prophecies at all.

And when you said "the bible is wrong about nothing hallelujah" this evidently means that
    you don't think that there is anything wrong in the bible at all.

It doesn't mean that you think that simply the biblical 'prophecies' are correct.

I mean we can easily demonstrate that your claim that the bible has any significant predictive
    powers is wrong but that is absolutely not what this thread has been about thus far.

So far this thread, starting from your op, has been about the bible allegedly containing scientific
    knowledge and that this knowledge was before it's time and thus god.

If that was not what you intended then you have done a very poor job of conveying your meaning.

Counter arguments have been made to the points you actually made in your op.

Unless you can counter those arguments then those points you made are rebutted (and in fact refuted)
    and you must concede that you were wrong.

I see no point in moving on to discuss something else if all you are going to do every time you hit a
    counter argument is shift the discussion some-place else.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 15:391 edit
    Well, let's look at one of your examples, #5. Here's the Job verse in context:
    31 “Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades?
    Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
    32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons
    or lead out the Bear with its cubs?
    33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
    Can you set up God’s dominion over the earth?

34 “Can you raise your voice to the clouds
    and cover yourself with a flood of water?
    35 Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
    Do they report to you, ‘Here we are’?
    36 Who gives the ibis wisdom[f]
    or gives the rooster understanding?[g]
    37 Who has the wisdom to count the clouds?
    Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens
    38 when the dust becomes hard
    and the clods of earth stick together?

39 “Do you hunt the prey for the lioness
    and satisfy the hunger of the lions
    40 when they crouch in their dens
    or lie in wait in a thicket?
    41 Who provides food for the raven
    when its young cry out to God
    and wander about for lack of food?

So, allegedly, in the midst of the concrete examples like constellations, bears, roosters, etc. God decided to throw a curveball - radio waves! - something that Job could not possibly understand given the knowledge level of that time. Nevermind the fact that lightning bolts and radio waves are not the same thing. 😛

I think you are torturing the biblical text to make it fit with the science we have discovered. It comes off as a bit desperate and deceitful, really.
  8. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 15:54
    Originally posted by SwissGambit

I think you are torturing the biblical text to make it fit with the science we have discovered. It comes off as a bit desperate and deceitful, really.
    You may be being unfair here. Unless tim88 is the original author, this is a cut and paste job.

A more accurate description of what he has done would be lazy and unquestioning.

At least some of the guys who have tried to prove that the Bible predicts the speed of light, and the current size of the universe, put some effort in.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 16:041 edit
    1. Only in recent years has science discovered that everything we see is composed of invisible atoms. Here, Scripture tells us that the "things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

2. Medical science has only recently discovered that blood-clotting in a newborn reaches its peak on the eighth day, then drops. The Bible consistently says faith based on established evidence." (11:3 continued
    You certainly know not a thing about the Vedas .....to say that the Bible is superior.

Your Bible quotes are so vague - that any scientific fact may be linked to them.

If the Bible does contain something of fact - it is because it has been plagiarised from the Vedas.

The people where following and living according to Vedic teachings before Abraham was born.

The Vedas are the sun as the Bible is a candle.

Next time ......do not be dishonest and make wildly false statements.

The person on the spiritual path must be honest.

The Bible knows nothing of the soul or re-incarnation or Karma or life after death or the eternal nature of the soul..............because it was compiled by animal killers and womenizers and intoxicators.

True religion must be eternal - and the Bible is only 1700 years old and is only a recent fabrication and specualtion by flesh eaters/animal killers.

Have you not heard "'Thou Shalt Not Kill".
  10. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 16:08
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    You may be being unfair here. Unless tim88 is the original author, this is a cut and paste job.

A more accurate description of what he has done would be lazy and unquestioning.

At least some of the guys who have tried to prove that the Bible predicts the speed of light, and the current size of the universe, put some effort in.
    why does this thread upset you so much? most people just copy and paste stuff
  11. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 16:18
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    [b]No it isn't.
    you're right it's not
  12. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 16:20
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You certainly know not a thing about the Vedas .....to say that the Bible is superior.

Your Bible quotes are so vague - that any scientific fact may be linked to them.

If the Bible does contain something of fact - it is because it has been plagiarised from the Vedas.

The people where following and living according to Vedic teachings before Abraham was ...[text shortened]... and specualtion by flesh eaters/animal killers.

"Why do cows mooooooooooooooooooooo?
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 16:24
    why does this thread upset you so much? most people just copy and paste stuff
    you should really quote your source if you are cutting and pasting. people are 'upset' because if you are going to post something that you believe in you should be able to back up what you are saying, otherwise it implies you do not really have an opinion of your own and are just copying what somebody else has said or written.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 16:27
    Originally posted by Dasa

The people where following and living according to Vedic teachings before Abraham was ...[text shortened]... and specualtion by flesh eaters/animal killers.

lets see you back up some of your statements with some facts dasa. you do the same as timmy, you post and run.

give me some evidence of karma in action and explain how it works.
  15. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 16:37
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    you should really quote your source if you are cutting and pasting. people are 'upset' because if you are going to post something that you believe in you should be able to back up what you are saying, otherwise it implies you do not really have an opinion of your own and are just copying what somebody else has said or written.
    i read it first and agree with it! what people decide to do with it is up to them
    google is there for everyone

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree