1. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 16:38
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    lets see you back up some of your statements with some facts dasa. you do the same as timmy, you post and run.

give me some evidence of karma in action and explain how it works.
    my name is earl
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 16:46
    Originally posted by tim88
    i read it first and agree with it! what people decide to do with it is up to them
    google is there for everyone
    Well then, you are a plagiarist pure and simple. The way you cut and paste correctly is to do the cut and paste AND supply the source so at least we can read the whole thing and see if you just didn't clip out caveats and such. We have no idea of the totality of what was written without referencing the source. That too is science. I can say I just invented an antigravity paint but without experimental work with papers and references I would be viewed as a crank just like you are right now.

So give us the original source and let us verify if what they wrote was ALL they wrote. We can then transfer the argument to the original writers and ask HIM for a rebuttal which nobody here is willing to do.

All you do is say, NOPE, I'm right and you are wrong.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 16:57
    i read it first and agree with it! what people decide to do with it is up to them
    google is there for everyone
    do you just agree with it because you like it? do you try and poke holes in it yourself first to see if it stands up? did you stop to think - an atheist might say x or y about this point, are they wrong? how should i prove them wrong? when you put the post up it seemed like a bold statement, i thought there was gonna be some tough science v religion debate but it all fizzled out into another damp squib (or squid, im not sure) of a debate. if you believe in something back it up, dont become another dasa or rj.
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 17:02
    i read it first and agree with it!
    No you dont. You like what it stands for. You did not give it a scintilla of thought or, as has been copiously demonstrated, you would have realised it does not stand scrutiny from a linguistic, contextual or scientific basis.

If we went up in space and discovered the world was a cube, the writer could have said that the Biblical word for circle was the same as word for table, and that tables at the time the Bible was written were cube shaped, and you would have lapped it up without so much as a raised eyebrow.

Hallelujah
  5. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 17:20
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    No you dont. You like what it stands for. You did not give it a scintilla of thought or, as has been copiously demonstrated, you would have realised it does not stand scrutiny from a linguistic, contextual or scientific basis.

If we went up in space and discovered the world was a cube, the writer could have said that the Biblical word for circle w ...[text shortened]... cube shaped, and you would have lapped it up without so much as a raised eyebrow.

Hallelujah
    what would you know why i do the things i do - i posted a link to this more than 100 days ago

hallelujah!
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 17:29
    what would you know why i do the things i do - i posted a link to this more than 100 days ago

hallelujah!
    100 days, plenty of time to do some research to back it up timster.
  7. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 17:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well then, you are a plagiarist pure and simple. The way you cut and paste correctly is to do the cut and paste AND supply the source so at least we can read the whole thing and see if you just didn't clip out caveats and such. We have no idea of the totality of what was written without referencing the source. That too is science. I can say I just invented ...[text shortened]... l which nobody here is willing to do.

All you do is say, NOPE, I'm right and you are wrong.
    you don't like this thread do you gf - But i don't blame you if i was an atheist trying to get people to stop believin i wouldn't like it either.

hallelujah 🙂
  8. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 17:331 edit
    back it up for who? people that don't believe won't change no matter what i say
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 17:39
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    You may be being unfair here. Unless tim88 is the original author, this is a cut and paste job.

A more accurate description of what he has done would be lazy and unquestioning.

At least some of the guys who have tried to prove that the Bible predicts the speed of light, and the current size of the universe, put some effort in.
    So that makes tim88 a plagiarist and the author remains desperate and deceitful.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 17:40
    you don't like this thread do you gf - But i don't blame you if i was an atheist trying to get people to stop believin i wouldn't like it either.

hallelujah 🙂
    ohh timmy i had such high hopes for you. it hurts to see you down in the debate dirt, skirmishing over the scraps. its like catching a once respected, classy lady about town going through the trash cans, make-up smeared hair a mess, knickers around her ankles, stinking of p**s. looking for half smoked cigs and booze. your too good for that life timmy, too good.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 18:39

hallelujah 🙂
    You are replying to sonhouse... who is gf?

And as an atheist I think that your posts are fantastic for demonstrating how vacuous and
    ill-conceived and frankly deluded your beliefs are.

I'm just disappointed that no interesting (or frankly any) debate was had on the subject
    because no theist is apparently either willing or able to deal with or respond to counter
    arguments.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 20:00

hallelujah 🙂
    I didn't bring up the idea of atheism, all I said was, show us the original source material so we can read all the words there so we can figure out if you put some words in that were not there. That's all I said. If you can't do that, it sounds suspicious.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 20:56
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    You are replying to sonhouse... who is gf?

And as an atheist I think that your posts are fantastic for demonstrating how vacuous and
    ill-conceived and frankly deluded your beliefs are.

I'm just disappointed that no interesting (or frankly any) debate was had on the subject
    because no theist is apparently either willing or able to deal with or respond to counter
    arguments.
    That is what I would like to know. Why do evil people want to hide
    in the dark and keep their true identities a secret? It should not be
    hard for you to figure that one out. Who really is this gf? Maybe,
    he is a goof off.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 20:581 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    he is a goof off.
    It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to see he missed that it was me and assumed it was gf, Googlefudge. Either that or he thought I was my girl friend.

Apparently you are unaware there are real freaks out there that love to steal your identity, your SS#, bank accounts and such and you find out the hard way that 2000 bucks you thought you had in the bank is now 50 cents.

It is not very smart in the internet age to reveal your real identity. You might take heed of that.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 22:141 edit
    he is a goof off.

It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to see he missed that it was me and assumed it ...[text shortened]... s not very smart in the internet age to reveal your real identity. You might take heed of that.
    he is a goof off.

It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to see he missed that it was me and assumed it was gf, Googlefudge.
    Either that or he thought I was my girl friend.

Apparently you are unaware there are real freaks out there that love to steal your identity, your SS#, bank
    accounts and such and you find out the hard way that 2000 bucks you thought you had in the bank is now
    50 cents.

It is not very smart in the internet age to reveal your real identity. You might take heed of that.

Well the wording has me a bit confused because he [tim88] said "your gf"... which does sound like
    "your [girl friend]" going by common internet parlance. Which is just weird but then tim88 hasn't
    been making a whole lot of sense.

However I would have thought he was talking to me, but I don't like to assume these things.
    Particularly how unclear tim88 is as a matter of course.

As for why I post as GoogleFudge and not under my 'real' name.

Like Sonhouse says, privacy.

I don't hide behind my online identity here, I say what I think, and expect to stand or fall on the
    arguments I make. Who I am is irrelevant to the truth or otherwise of my words and my arguments
    should stand or fall based on their quality and not who is making them.

Privacy and anonymity are underrated in this day and age, everyone wanting their 5 minutes of fame.

Well someone else can have mine, I don't need it or want it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree