1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 16:151 edit
    Originally posted by e4chris
    did you read the bit i posted about humming birds, yes i have read a bit about it too. Christianity is about compassion, evolution is not, i think thats why the two ideas rub so much
    Well first Christianity is not about compassion at all...

But that's irrelevant.

Evolution is a process.

Like weathering, or orbital mechanics.

It's an explanation about the way the world works.

It's not a belief system.

Only an idiot would confuse the two.

Do you complain that Newtonian mechanics isn't about compassion?

How about General Relativity?

If I want to calculate the trajectory for my model rocket are you going to complain that
    the equations that describe it's path don't include a term for compassion?

You're making nonsense objections to evolution.

EDIT: And no I haven't seen/can't find your post about hummingbirds.
  2. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 16:251 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge

But that's irrelevant.

Evolution is a process.

How a evolution.

you say only an idiot would confuse the two, but eugenics was a very popular idea, in england, the usa, and germany, and it won over some otherwise brilliant academics like Ronald Fisher, the english mathemitician.

I think your perception of christianity is wrong, quite like mine before i figured out how much good they do. do you know how many people the ymca and salvation army keep of the steets?
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 16:28
    Darwins ideas were based on observation, in particular how certain humming birds beaks had evolved to fit certain flowers, and the flowers evolved round the birds who polinated them (why i was on about foxgloves earlier) You can see this with your own eyes, its hard to dispute. if there is a creator thats how it worked. The sad thing about Darwin is idiots ...[text shortened]... evolutionairy ideas to them , offering evolution up as an alternative to god, is a stupid idea.
    i shouldn't quote myself but here are the humming birds
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 16:40
    Originally posted by Kepler
    So if my domestic cat produces a litter of lions I shouldn't be surprised?
    I would be surprised because the lion has not been domesticated, not because it is not of the cat kind. 😏
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 16:561 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge

But that's irrelevant.

Evolution is a process.

How a evolution.

You did not read or comprehend my original post. Let me just repeat one of the quotes that I posted and consider it again with your head out of your arse.

Former Director of the Botanical Institute at Lund University, Dr. N. Heribert-Nilsson said, “My attempt to demonstrate evolution by an experiment carried on for more than 40 years has completely failed...The idea of an evolution rests on pure belief.”

Get that? THE IDEA OF EVOLUTION RESTS ON PURE BELIEF.

How more clear could he be that evolution is a belief system just like religion. Evolution is a fairy tale religionous doctrine for the atheists.

HOW TRUE IT IS.
    😏
  6. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 17:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I would be surprised because the lion has not been domesticated, not because it is not of the cat kind. 😏
    OK, if we are going to go down the willful stupidity route, suppose I have a European lynx (kind: cat) and it produces a litter of jaguars (kind: cat) I should not be surprised? This despite the fact European lynxes and jaguars are not only separated by genetics but also geographical range.

Can you suggest any mechanism, other than the trite "God done it", that coulkd cause this event to happen?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 19:402 edits
    OK, if we are going to go down the willful stupidity route, suppose I have a European lynx (kind: cat) and it produces a litter of jaguars (kind: cat) I should not be surprised? This despite the fact European lynxes and jaguars are not only separated by genetics but also geographical range.

Can you suggest any mechanism, other than the trite "God done it", that coulkd cause this event to happen?
    Well, I certainly would not say Evil-lution done it.
    Is that the stupidy route you was thinking of? 😏
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 19:48
    you say only an idiot would confuse the two, but eugenics was a very popular idea, in england, the usa, and germany, and it won over some otherwise brilliant academics like Ronald Fisher, the english mathemitician.

I think your perception of christianity is wrong, quite like mine before i figured out how much good they do. do you know how many people the ymca and salvation army keep of the steets?
    2 questions for you -

does 'doing good deeds' make god real?

and

did you find compassion in the periodic table?
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 19:52
    It is common sense again. God is said to have made them to reproduce after their own kind. Have you ever seen a cat reproduce a dog or vice versa? If you see an alligator hatching out of an egg, you should know a bird did not lay that egg. That might be okay with Evil-lution, but not with God. 😏
    so is that how you figure out if things are the same species? they have sex?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 20:021 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    so is that how you figure out if things are the same species? they have sex?
    You might have stumbled upon a truth there. That might have something to do with it. 😏

P.S. Don't put your head back in your arse now. Keeping thinking.
  11. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 20:28
    Well, I certainly would not say Evil-lution done it.
    Is that the stupidy route you was thinking of? 😏
    I doubt very much that evolution could cause European lynxes to give birth to jaguars. How do you think this might happen since they are both the same kind? Have you ever observed anything like that?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 23:27
    I doubt very much that evolution could cause European lynxes to give birth to jaguars. How do you think this might happen since they are both the same kind? Have you ever observed anything like that?
    Take my word for it, evil-lution is not that smart. If God did not make the jaguars in the beginning, then they must have come about through breeding and adaptation from those cats God made. 😏
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 11:16
    You might have stumbled upon a truth there. That might have something to do with it. 😏

P.S. Don't put your head back in your arse now. Keeping thinking.
    another dodge rj, its rather obvious you have no idea, despite claiming school children could answer the question.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 17:16
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    another dodge rj, its rather obvious you have no idea, despite claiming school children could answer the question.
    Hee, hee, ha, ha! Very funny! Trying to be a comedian? 😀
  15. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 15:59
    I think RJ must believe that lynx's really could give birth to Jaguars without meeting, since he claims they are of the same 'kind' and bible does not preclude it. He is also avoiding any questions that might force him to state his position on this.

Evolution on the other hand, does preclude it. So one way to disprove evolution would be to find a (non-mistaken or fraudulent or the result of IVF experimentation) case of a lynx giving birth to a jaguar. Or any other such combination like a wolf giving birth to a fox or an ape giving birth to a chimpanzee.

RJ, do you have any such examples? Do you really believe this is possible?

--- Penguin (fully expecting the question to be ignored)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree