Separation of church and state in US? Not now

Separation of church and state in US? Not now

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Dec 17

Originally posted by @js357
No of course the god lovers should be the only ones allowed to define the limits of religious liberty. In fact the god lovers should be the only ones allowed to define who is a god lover. That makes perfect sense. How can it be any other way? How can we let the god haters decide anything?

Say, how do I know you are a genuine god lover?
I'd say when you start shutting people down be concern, free expression and free speech
and given equally to all, and as soon as you start taking it away you've crossed a line.
The hate groups on college campuses that refuse to let speakers they disagree with
have any say due to trying to prevent hate speech really don't grasp that they are doing
the very thing they are protesting against, and acting on hate while doing it. The non
tolerant will spew their hateful message, while protesting hateful messages.

Protesting ideas and beliefs, to the point of saying parents shouldn't be allowed to raise
their kids is pushing society into a dangerous place. If there are things that should be
stopped then fine, but if you spread that net to wide of things you are for stopping, that
net will get bigger and bigger as those in power become more powerful and less accountable.

Moves
06 Dec 17
1 edit

Amen to that, as long as the same freedoms are defended for both (edit: all) sides, which they are NOT.

Moves
06 Dec 17

Originally posted by @sonhouse
You didn't see my last post where I put up a link?

Trumpf vowed to destroy the law not allowing churches to support political candidates. So now he has.

What is weird is there is little in the news about this digusting development, like it is not worth pursuing.

I think it should be rung up the highest pole and rung out to all the land showing h ...[text shortened]... ation of the US has begun.

If you think that is BS, you don't know the agenda of republicans.
Yes I did but I was replying to JS.

I don’t think you are BSing at all, I wanted some context rather than address your opinion about it. That’s all 🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Dec 17

Amen to that, as long as the same freedoms are defended for both (edit: all) sides, which they are NOT.
That should be the goal instead of favoring one point over another.

Moves
06 Dec 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Yes, but something you said made me think that you think people you label as “god lovers” should be the only ones allowed to define the limits of religious liberty and those labeled “god haters” should be excluded.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Dec 17
1 edit

So you will be 100% ok with the US becoming a theocracy, based on your CERTAINTY we are in end days in spite of the fact the end days card has been played for 2000 years or more with no end in sight for ANY of those prognostications. In spite of all that you still follow the company line. How many more generations of such pronouncements will it take before the scam is exposed?

So, what if you are 100% wrong? Is that even possible in your lexicon?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
06 Dec 17

Who gets to define religious liberty, a god hater who proclaims he doesn’t even believe in one?
Works for me. 😛

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Dec 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
Works for me. 😛
🙂

Moves
07 Dec 17

Some are teaching kids they cannot tell the difference between boys and girls.
Some are teaching kids its okay for a man to walk into a woman's bathroom.
Some are teaching kids its normal to have sex, go for it to kids.
Some are teaching kids killing the unborn is not taking a human life which is odd since
they cannot tell a boy from a girl, they know what is inside a woman isn't human!

"Some are teaching kids they cannot tell the difference between boys and girls"

So, who cares. Not really a problem is it.

"Some are teaching kids its okay for a man to walk into a woman's bathroom."

So, what's the big deal? Do these things really bother you???

Some are teaching kids its normal to have sex, go for it to kids.

It is natural to have sex, might as well educate the kids so they don't make mistakes. Not really a big problem is it?

Some are teaching kids killing the unborn is not taking a human life which is odd since
they cannot tell a boy from a girl, they know what is inside a woman isn't human

It's their body, let them decide.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Dec 17

Originally posted by @sonhouse
So you will be 100% ok with the US becoming a theocracy, based on your CERTAINTY we are in end days in spite of the fact the end days card has been played for 2000 years or more with no end in sight for ANY of those prognostications. In spite of all that you still follow the company line. How many more generations of such pronouncements will it take befor ...[text shortened]... the scam is exposed?

So, what if you are 100% wrong? Is that even possible in your lexicon?
No, and you didn't see that in anything I wrote unless you made it up between your ears.
You are simply over reacting, and spewing your dislike to take something little and turn it
into something big.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Dec 17

No, and you didn't see that in anything I wrote unless you made it up between your ears.
You are simply over reacting, and spewing your dislike to take something little and turn it
into something big.
Well it sounded like you were endorsing a theocracy or at least not objecting.

But you also didn't respond to the main gib, that the prognostications have been going on for thousands of years and yet, no end game. The curious part is why you would persist in believing that after hundreds of years of scientific advancement dissing ONLY those sciences that refute the biblical tales like the plagiarized 7 day creation tale that started out as Egyptian and early Jews loved that story and made it their own.

As a programming technique, it has worked fantastically well, billions of people fall for it.

Moves
07 Dec 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay to sonhouse
into something big.
It’s more effective and less painful to deal with a threat to democracy before it gets entrenched, as we may be about to be schooled, yet again.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Dec 17
1 edit

It’s more effective and less painful to deal with a threat to democracy before it gets entrenched, as we may be about to be schooled, yet again.
As our rights are taken away and modified is where I am concerned much more than I am how old a fossil is thought to be. For crying out loud people are being jailed for collecting rain water falling on their homes and lands. There are more things to fear than religion at play here!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Dec 17

As our rights are taken away and modified is where I am concerned much more than I am how old a fossil is thought to be. For crying out loud people are being jailed for collecting rain water falling on their homes and lands. There are more things to fear than religion at play here!
You might think differently when ISIS comes knocking down your door.

And there are people who'se profession it is to accurately date ancient fossils using all the science they can so for them it is very important dating the age of fossils. We don't have to worry much, not much connection to our daily lives but they want to figure out how things change over time. Gads, what's that called? Oh yeah, Evolution. Evil stuff that, eh.

Moves
07 Dec 17

Diversion noted.