1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 05:531 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Struth. I have taken refuge at Spirituality because Debates has become more US-centric than it has been for years. So, as a non-American who doesn't think that American Christians/Americans contemplating their own exceptionalism/victimhood (as no doubt some of the contributions will amount to) is an interesting starting point for a sermon with international, uni ...[text shortened]... r resonance, I will sit this one out if it's selected. Not that my contribution matters a fig.
    your contrubution matters to me.
    I think insidents like the bombing of 9/11 are world wide, unfortunatly, so it wouldn't have to be just about america but about what people beleive or how they come to terms with what happened- must have something to do with how they feel spiritually.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 05:541 edit
    Originally posted by yo its me
    matters to me, anyway insidents like the bombing of 9/11 are world wide, unfortunatly.
    It should be made into a thread of its own then.
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 05:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    It should be made into a thread of its own then.
    I guess it depends on how a poster went about the subject
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 06:07
    I guess it depends on how a poster went about the subject
    Yep. I am sure it does. Can't be bothered with the in-crowdism of General. Sports and Culture are moribund. Debates is 'ooh-ah-this-hour's-poll-in-the-U.S.'. Might have to work on that novel! 😀
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 11:591 edit
    Without using the Vedic teachings in any discussion about religion and God there can be no discussion.

Any discussion about God, spirituality and religion that does not reference the Veda as authority is simply speculation fabrication and folly.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 12:14
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Without using the Vedic teachings in any discussion about religion and God there can be no discussion.

Any discussion about God, spirituality and religion that does not reference the Veda as authority is simply speculation fabrication and folly.
    When the topic is set, why not offer a sermon based on Vedic teachings?
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 12:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    When the topic is set, why not offer a sermon based on Vedic teachings?
    There are no persons qualified to appraise.

I have already had experience with persons defending killing, and that life comes from a dead stone, and that dead bodies will someday jump from the grave, and it is these same persons who will offer to judge.

This is why any discussion must be referenced by authority but persons reject authority........... resulting in folly.

At the Court the cases are heard and the judgment is referenced by the authority of the law (law books)

Without authority the proposed discussion will be a circus.

If anything at all I could be the judge .......but I would be the only judge that respects authority so how would that fit into the scheme of things?

One judge and one authority.............but which nobody accepts.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 12:41

Hey man, I'm a judge so I would say your not going to get better than me for judging.
    And because you say all religons and language decsend from the one scource (Vedas), then how can we NOT be talking about your faith as well.

Jus' sayin'
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 12:441 edit
    There are no persons qualified to appraise.

I have already had experience with persons defending killing, and that life comes from a dead stone, and that dead bodies will someday jump from the grave, and it is these same persons who will offer to judge.

This is why any discussion must be referenced by authority but persons reject authority........... resu ...[text shortened]... into the scheme of things?

One judge and one authority.............but which nobody accepts.
    Just simplify and have a go. Or not. Don't waffle on about how Vedic teachings aren't being represented because , after all, you (rvsakhadeo and i) seem to be the only hindus here and we are definately in the minority.
    C'mon, get into the spirit of it.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 12:48
    If anything at all I could be the judge .......but I would be the only judge that respects authority so how would that fit into the scheme of things?
    Among regular posters here, I don't think anyone commands less respect than you, so I doubt you'd be accepted as a judge by this community. I could be wrong, I suppose.

Without authority the proposed discussion will be a circus.

If that's how you feel, then I suggest that you don't offer a sermon.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 12:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    Among regular posters here, I don't think anyone commands less respect than you, so I doubt you'd be accepted as a judge by this community. I could be wrong, I suppose.

[b]Without authority the proposed discussion will be a circus.

If that's how you feel, then I suggest that you don't offer a sermon.[/b]
    If persons want me to offer something up.......then I will.

If they don't then that's fine.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 12:59

I think people here mostly post [or don't post] in an autonomous fashion. I think with your comments above, you've ruled yourself out, now, surely, even by your own explicit terms of reference. No? After what you've said, you seriously want people to approach you and tell you they "want [you] to offer something up"?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 13:331 edit

Dasa, if you were judge would you pick a winner? I mean, would you simply dismiss all the posts due to the fact that they do not measure up to your standards and not pick a winner or would you do your job and pick a winner and explain why?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 13:37
    Hello! a message would have been useful!!!!
    These are the sugestions I like so far that have been posted;

Originally posted by FMF
    [b]"Parenting by couples with different faiths."
    "At what cost does religion involve itself and disassociate itself from politics?"
    "There must be more to life than this."

Originally posted by whodey ...[text shortened]... edit; and FMFs last one, that's a nice open one but could go in any direction.[/b]
    Since FMF dropped out and we did not hear from you, I decided to be a judge even though I would prefer to give a sermon. If you are in and if someone else would like to be a judge other than myself, then we would have three and I could give a sermon.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 13:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Struth. I have taken refuge at Spirituality because Debates has become more US-centric than it has been for years. So, as a non-American who doesn't think that American Christians/Americans contemplating their own exceptionalism/victimhood (as no doubt some of the contributions will amount to) is an interesting starting point for a sermon with international, uni ...[text shortened]... r resonance, I will sit this one out if it's selected. Not that my contribution matters a fig.
    Why did you drop out as judge?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree