1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 08:02
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    One would think that GB would have reined himself in on this topic after having embarrassed himself so badly. But as with other hard-core bigots, it seems to have had no effect. There's little point in trying to reason with a bigot.
    "The Real Impact of Sharia Law in America Cully Stimson, September 2, 2010 at 11:00 am"

Do you approve of the accuracy of this report?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 08:122 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Show us a law change in the UK, Canada or US that is based on Sharia Law.
    OR
    Retract these lies.
    "Sharia Law is the law of Islam. Sharia [also spelled 'Shariah'] is cast from the Quran, the actions and words of Muhammad, and the collective reasoning and deductions of Muslim imams. As a legal system, Islam's Sharia law covers a wide range of subjects. The stipulations of the Sharia law, however, are unlike any other legal system in the world. According to the Sharia law:

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand (above).

• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.

• Criticizing or denying Muhammad is a prophet is punishable by death.

• Criticizing or denying Allah, the moon god of Islam is punishable by death.

• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.

• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death."

Do you believe this summary is an accurate representation of the Sharia Law? As to the western hemisphere demographics of the belief, I'd welcome your help in clarifying the profile. As stated in the original post, the thread's intended as a point of reference... to stimulate insightful conversation. With this topic, I'm here to learn. No agenda. Thanks.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 11:01
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Sharia Law is the law of Islam. Sharia [also spelled 'Shariah'] is cast from the Quran, the actions and words of Muhammad, and the collective reasoning and deductions of Muslim imams. As a legal system, Islam's Sharia law covers a wide range of subjects. The stipulations of the Sharia law, however, are unlike any other legal system in the world. Accord ...[text shortened]... ... to stimulate insightful conversation. With this topic, I'm here to learn. No agenda. Thanks.
    No agenda?

😞
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 13:12
    Is there a significant Muslim Population in the Dearborn area?
    Yes, there is. Wikipedia says that Dearborn has a 40% Arabic population, but they're not all Muslims. Many of them are Christians - Maronites and Chaldeans.

The mayor is Democrat John B. O'Reilly, who, I'm guessing, is neither a Muslim nor an advocate of sharia law.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 14:011 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    No agenda?

😞
    The topic and related activities frequently punctuate the media news; I hoped for some informed perspectives. Period. lol
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 14:03
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Yes, there is. Wikipedia says that Dearborn has a 40% Arabic population, but they're not all Muslims. Many of them are Christians - Maronites and Chaldeans.

The mayor is Democrat John B. O'Reilly, who, I'm guessing, is neither a Muslim nor an advocate of sharia law.
    That confirms my impressions. Thank you. By the way, I once vacationed in Grand Haven, MI while living near Glen Ellyn, IL.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 14:201 edit
    The topic and related activities frequently punctuate the media news; I hoped for some informed perspectives. Period. lol
    So you came to a chess website forum frequented entirely by non Muslims for a perspective on Sharia Law?
  8. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 15:31
    [b]Sharia Law

"Sharia Law is the law of Islam. Sharia [also spelled 'Shariah'] is cast from the Quran, the actions and words of Muhammad, and the collective reasoning and deductions of Muslim imams. As a legal system, Islam's Sharia law covers a wide range of subjects. The stipulations of the Sharia law, however, are unlike any other legal system ...[text shortened]... he souls of many loyal followers around the globe; provided here simply as a point of reference.[/b]
    Horrendous as Sharia law is, let us not forget what the Bible also has to offer that is repugnant:

*God kills Aaron's sons for offering "strange fire before the Lord." Leviticus 10:1-2

*Hares are unclean since they chew the cud.Leviticus 11:6

*Bats are just unclean birds. Leviticus 11:13,19

*Four-legged birds are an abomination to God. Leviticus 11:20

*Insects have four legs. Leviticus 1:21, 23

*Baby girls are twice as dirty as baby boys. Leviticus 12:1-8

*What to do if "he that hath the issue spit upon him that is clean." Leviticus 15:8

*What to do "if any man's seed of copulation go out from him." Leviticus 15:16-18

*Menstruating women are unclean to God. Leviticus 15:19-30

*God's law for wet dreams. Leviticus 15:16-17, 32

*Don't look at any naked menstruating women. Leviticus 18:19

*Homosexuality is an abomination to God. Leviticus 18:22

*Don't mix seeds when sowing a field or wear a garment with mixed fibers. Leviticus 19:19

*If you have sex with a slave woman, you must then scourge her. Leviticus 19:20

*Don't round the corners of your head or mar the corners of your beard. Leviticus 19:27

*Children who curse their parents, adulterers, and homosexuals must be killed. Leviticus 20:9-12

*Woman with "familiar spirits" must be stoned to death. Leviticus 20:27

*The unchaste daughters of priests must be burnt to death. Leviticus 21:9

*Handicapped people must not approach the altar. Leviticus 21:16-23

*A man curses and blasphemes while disputing with another man. Moses asks God what to do about it. God says that the whole community must stone him to death. "And the children of Israel did as the Lord and Moses commanded." Leviticus 24:10-23

*God's instructions for buying slaves. Leviticus 25:45-46

*"Ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it." Leviticus 26:16

*God will "send wild beasts among you, which shall rob your of your children." Leviticus 26:22

*"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat." Leviticus 26:29

*God places a dollar value on human life; women are worth less (50 - 60😵 than men. Leviticus 27:3-7
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 15:39
    Those Sharia laws are indeed pretty awful, GB. What should we do with this knowledge, you think?
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 16:246 edits
    "The Real Impact of Sharia Law in America Cully Stimson, September 2, 2010 at 11:00 am"

Did you even read what I've posted thus far? If you did, it's evident from your subsequent posts that you either didn't comprehend it or are completely disingenuous.

Why do you choose to phrase this question as if the only problem with your previous report was that "[I don't] approve of the accuracy of [that] report?". A report that was not only proven to be completely false, but based upon a piece of satire originally posted in the National Report which is a satirical website much like The Onion. In your zeal to promote your bigoted tripe, that obvious fact some how escaped you.

National Report (nationalreport.net) is a satirical website devoted to often subtle parodies of real news which convince the unwary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Report

As stated in the original post, the thread's intended as a point of reference... to stimulate insightful conversation. With this topic, I'm here to learn. No agenda.

Your OP was also largely bigoted tripe as evidenced by my response to it. Your claim to be looking to "stimulate insightful conversation", can only be taken as disingenuous as evidenced by your insistence on doing little more than repeatedly post bigoted tripe and your refusal to engage in conversation with myself and others. HINT: To have a conversation you must be willing to address the issues and questions brought up by others which you have refused to do.

What do you hope to gain by repeatedly posting blatantly bigoted tripe and your continued disingenuousness? Anything besides fear mongering?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 16:40
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    Horrendous as Sharia law is, let us not forget what the Bible also has to offer that is repugnant:

*God kills Aaron's sons for offering "strange fire before the Lord." Leviticus 10:1-2

*Four-legged birds are an abomination to God. Leviti ...[text shortened]... places a dollar value on human life; women are worth less (50 - 60😵 than men. Leviticus 27:3-7
    One is history and the other is on your doorstep, and about to infiltrate your country
  12. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 21:14
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    One is history and the other is on your doorstep, and about to infiltrate your country
    Yes, but they are both totalitarian, oppressive, divisive and sexist.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 22:02
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    So you came to a chess website forum frequented entirely by non Muslims for a perspective on Sharia Law?
    Sure. During the past six years knowledgeable people have always contributed to the many topics introduced to this forum.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 22:05
    Originally posted by Pianoman1

*Four-legged birds are an abomination to God. Leviti ...[text shortened]... places a dollar value on human life; women are worth less (50 - 60😵 than men. Leviticus 27:3-7
    Excellent Counterpoint: Pianoman1, what is your level of awareness of the social customs of ancient Egypt and Canaan?
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 22:08
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Those Sharia laws are indeed pretty awful, GB. What should we do with this knowledge, you think?
    Let's do what we always do on this online public forum: individually objectively contribute to a constructive conversation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree