Sharia Law

Sharia Law

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
28 Dec 13
2 edits

Originally posted by josephw
Fear mongering?

Ever hear of Sharia Law?
Please read my edits as well as the post just before the one you referenced in your post. Ignorance may be bliss, but it isn't helping you here. It'd also be nice if you actually addressed the issues and questions raised in my post.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Dec 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Please read my edits as well as the post just before the one you referenced in your post. Ignorance may be bliss, but it isn't helping you here.
😉

I'm too tired. Good night! 😴

T

Moves
28 Dec 13
2 edits

😉

I'm too tired. Good night! 😴
Evidently the prospect of actually reading what I've posted and addressing issues and questions raised is too taxing for you. Why bother when it's so much easier to not have to think?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
28 Dec 13

They're waiting for you to move into town.
I actually lived there when I was a child.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
28 Dec 13

Would you be willing to accept Sharia Law as the law of the land where you live? Would you support its enforcement as apposed to what you now have?
Do you think the people of Islamic countries would?

Moves
28 Dec 13

Originally posted by rwingett
I don't live too far from Dearborn, MI, and I can tell you that there is no sharia law in force there.
You don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

Moves
28 Dec 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]No, as you have already been misunderstood by more than one poster..."

You think it might have anything to do with the fact that "more than one poster" seems to have neglected to actually read what I've been posting before going off half-cocked?[/b]
It does seem a little evasive of you to behave like this. I mean you repeatedly make some pretty scathing comments about the author of the OP and when challenged to clarify by more than one poster, you claim you have not been understood and that people should re read your other posts and look through some links in an effort to gain insight into why you made those comments. Really, I think you ought to try a little harder.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Dec 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Sure. During the past six years knowledgeable people have always contributed to the many topics introduced to this forum.
Okay. Happy reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sources_of_sharia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiqh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topics_of_sharia_law

Infidel

Moves
28 Dec 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Let's do what we always do on this online public forum: individually objectively contribute to a constructive conversation.
I meant in real life, GB. What do we do with knowledge about Sharia law in real life?

Surely conversations that we have here and articles that we read online can/will/must influence us in the real world?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Dec 13

I actually lived there when I was a child.
Hence the name Dearborn. 😉

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
28 Dec 13

Hence the name Dearborn. 😉
Clever. Except that I was born in Kansas.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
28 Dec 13

Originally posted by Trev33
You don't know what goes on behind closed doors.
Nor do I care what goes on behind closed doors. I'm only interested in what happens in the public sphere.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Dec 13

Clever. Except that I was born in Kansas.
Well, you're not in Kansas anymore!

Moves
28 Dec 13

Nor do I care what goes on behind closed doors. I'm only interested in what happens in the public sphere.
Then you can't possibly say that there is or isn't Sharia law being practiced in that area.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
28 Dec 13

Originally posted by Trev33
Then you can't possibly say that there is or isn't Sharia law being practiced in that area.
'Law', by definition, is a public phenomenon. What happens behind closed doors is a 'custom'.