1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 11:11
    Originally posted by CalJust
    I always thought (incorrectly, it appears) that the three-tiered universe went out with Galileo and Copernicus.

But if this 4-cell chamber is really in the centre of this planet, then at least there is respite for the poor souls there. This planet and its sun will disappear in only a few million years.

But in order to live forever, maybe the inhabitant ...[text shortened]... planet in a new galaxy? But even that will burn out. Maybe it says that in the Bible somewhere?
    It says something like that.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 11:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It says something like that.
    Do you, like Grampy Bobby, believe that there is a literal cavern with 4 compartments inside the centre of the earth?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 12:13
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Do you, like Grampy Bobby, believe that there is a literal cavern with 4 compartments inside the centre of the earth?
    I think he forgot the “glove compartment”, from whence nothing returns or sees the light of day.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 14:27
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I think he forgot the “glove compartment”, from whence nothing returns or sees the light of day.
    While we wait on Caljust and RJHinds to respond; how about yourself - do you believe as Grampy Bobby does, that there is a literal cavern at the center of the earth which houses four compartments of Sheol?
  5. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 15:07
    While we wait on Caljust and RJHinds to respond; how about yourself - do you believe as Grampy Bobby does, that there is a literal cavern at the center of the earth which houses four compartments of Sheol?
    Actually, I think there must be a Fifth Chamber - especially prepared for religious leaders who foist such rubbish on their trusting congregations.
  6. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 15:09
    Do you believe in this literal 4 chambered cavern at the centre of the earth?
    Are you being serious??

😠
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 15:35
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Are you being serious??

😠
    Absolutely completely serious. Grampy Bobby has said that he thinks there is a literal cavern with 4 compartments as supported in scripture. I'm curious if other feel the same way?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 16:07
    I don't even believe in one compartment.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 16:10
    Insight into Acts 2:27

“…because you will not abandon my soul to the grave…”

The Greek word translated “grave” is hadÄ“s. Hades was the Greek word used to represent the Hebrew word sheol, which was the state of being dead. When the Hebrew Old Testament was translated into Greek around 250 BC, the Hebrew word sheol was translated by the Greek word hades. Sheol was not the physical grave itself, but the state of being dead (the actual physical grave was referred to as the qeber). In the Hebrew Old Testament, dead people are said to be in sheol.
    Sheol vs. Hades

It was actually a bad choice to translate sheol as hadēs, because in sheol people are dead, whereas in the Greek mythology, hadēs was a place where the souls of dead people are alive. So when the Greeks translated sheol as hadēs, it introduced great confusion about the state of the dead into Judaism and then into Christianity, and that confusion still exists today. The Bible, properly translated, makes it clear that dead people are dead until the Rapture or a resurrection.
    What Happens to the Soul?

This verse shows how mistranslation can skew theology. If this verse were being read by a first-century Greek who did not know that hadÄ“s was the Greek translation of sheol, he would be led to think that people, including Jesus, had gone to the hadÄ“s of Greek mythology, ruled by the god HadÄ“s, which is not even close to what the text is saying. However, something similar has happened today, because many Christians think that hadÄ“s is another name for the place in Christian mythology called “Hell,” which is ruled by the Devil and his demons, and is where evil people go when they die. Jesus certainly did not go to a place where there are dead people being tormented by demons. He died and was dead. That is why the prophecy was that God would not abandon people to sheol (hadÄ“s). If God did not raise people up from being dead, they would stay dead forever. The soul does not live on after the body dies. When the body dies, the soul is dead.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 17:53
    Insight into Acts 2:27

“…because you will not abandon my soul to the grave…”

The Greek word translated “grave” is hadÄ“s. Hades was the Greek word used to represent the Hebrew word sheol, which was the state of being dead. When the Hebrew Old Testament was translated into Greek around 250 BC, the Hebrew word sheol was translated by the Greek word ha ...[text shortened]... ad forever. The soul does not live on after the body dies. When the body dies, the soul is dead.
    I'm a supporter of e principle that the Bible is god's word but there are clearly issues with translation, interpretation and literal adoption into dogma and teaching.

Obviously GB and others here are literalists, I am not, as I've made plain in my stance against eternal suffering and the Tree of Life in recent times.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 17:571 edit
    I'm a supporter of e principle that the Bible is god's word but there are clearly issues with translation, interpretation and literal adoption into dogma and teaching.

Obviously GB and others here are literalists, I am not, as I've made plain in my stance against eternal suffering and the Tree of Life in recent times.
    Absolutely, what we have are copies of copies not the original word of God. It is very close as it sits, but I agree there are issues.
    I also believe that there is enough accuracy as it stands for a person to believe and receive the new birth.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 20:36
    Absolutely, what we have are copies of copies not the original word of God. It is very close as it sits, but I agree there are issues.
    I also believe that there is enough accuracy as it stands for a person to believe and receive the new birth.
    Anyway, I guess it looks like Grampy Bobby has abandoned this thread.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 21:56
    Anyway, I guess it looks like Grampy Bobby has abandoned this thread.
    I used to work with a guy who believed hell was at the center of the earth.
    When he told me, I was dumb struck. I just looked at him and said "really?".
    He then proceeded to tell me of a mining expedition and how it was shut down because the deeper they got into the earth, many thought they heard screams of agony.
    Of course, he couldn't tell me where he heard this or read it.

But just think, if we dig deep enough, we can rescue those poor souls! 🙄
  14. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 22:02

I think it was checkbaiter who recently mentioned “figures of speech” (I owe him an attribution anyway 😉 ). Biblical literalism would require that the sun orbit the earth—rather than the rotation of the earth determining the length of a day—

Joshua 10:12 On the day when the LORD gave the Amorites over to the Israelites, Joshua spoke to the LORD; and he said in the sight of Israel, "Sun, stand still at Gibeon, and Moon, in the valley of Aijalon."
    13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, until the nation took vengeance on their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun stopped in midheaven, and did not hurry to set for about a whole day.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 22:57
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    divegeester: Do you believe there is literally a cavern with 4 compartments at the centre of the earth?
    Yes. Because this truth is revealed in the Word of God.
    Does the sun orbit the earth, Grampy Bobby?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree