1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 13:092 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    However, it does rather cast doubt upon his judgement and perceptions regarding the validity of everything else he purports to believe too. So in terms of the daily discourse that goes on here, and his contribution to it, it's not really a 'non-issue'.
    Grampy Bobby has set himself out in this forum to be only interested in teach what he sees as scripturally correct, nothing more, nothing less. He has gone so far on occasion to say that he would rather die than present an inaccurate account of Biblical scripture.

So, considering that stance he has made - and considering that in this thread he is proclaiming that hell is an actual underground cavern here in the earth, this topic is a profoundly important "issue", which as you say, reflects directly on his credibility as someone who only speaks the truth about Biblical scripture.

It is notable that one or two handful are aligning with GB, but largely most Christians here are giving this thread a wide berth. Presumably because they realise the implications even if Rajk999 doesn't.
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 13:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Assuming that the sun did actually appear to stop in the sky, it would only appear to stop in the sky, so the account could be an accurate representation of what was observed.
    Yes. And many ancient peoples took the appearance as reality because they had no way of determining otherwise. And we still use similar metaphors--such as the sun rises and the sun goes down. But that doesn't alter the fact that we now know that it isn't literally true.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 13:30
    Does a topic have to be harmful in order to be a discussion issue? How do you define "harmless"?
    Harmless in the sense that Christ is not going to say .. hey GB you believe in a pile of garbage about hell .. so no eternal life for you.."

As for discussion topic, I think it is obvious that nobody really cares to disucss.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 13:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    However, it does rather cast doubt upon his judgement and perceptions regarding the validity of everything else he purports to believe too. So in terms of the daily discourse that goes on here, and his contribution to it, it's not really a 'non-issue'.
    Well personally I have already categorised GB and his statements so for me if he continues with his nonsensical interpretations of the Bible then it is a non issue. For those who are here for many years we already know what to expect for each poster.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 15:18
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Yes. And many ancient peoples took the appearance as reality because they had no way of determining otherwise. And we still use similar metaphors--such as the sun rises and the sun goes down. But that doesn't alter the fact that we now know that it isn't literally true.
    Actually I think it is literally true that the sun comes up and goes down.
    Literally true from where we stand, and literally true for all people on this planet.
    What is the case if you stand on Mars and look at Earth is not relevant to what is literally true here.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 15:20
    Grampy Bobby has set himself out in this forum to be only interested in teach what he sees as scripturally correct, nothing more, nothing less. He has gone so far on occasion to say that he would rather die than present an inaccurate account of Biblical scripture.

So, considering that stance he has made - and considering that in this thread he is pr ...[text shortened]... s thread a wide berth. Presumably because they realise the implications even if Rajk999 doesn't.
    How long will it take you to realize that you cannot take GB and his doctrines seriously? It was about 6 years ago I realized that you cannot take him seriously.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 16:39
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Well personally I have already categorised GB and his statements so for me if he continues with his nonsensical interpretations of the Bible then it is a non issue. For those who are here for many years we already know what to expect for each poster.
    One can only dance with those ugly eccentric cowardly self-aggrandizing Christians that one encounters on this particular dance floor.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 18:42
    How long will it take you to realize that you cannot take GB and his doctrines seriously? It was about 6 years ago I realized that you cannot take him seriously.
    I try to take the posters here at face value.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 19:04
    I try to take the posters here at face value.
    Then there is no learning from experience ?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 19:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    One can only dance with those ugly eccentric cowardly self-aggrandizing Christians that one encounters on this particular dance floor.
    For sure .. 😀

Christ will know how to dance with some of the jokers in Christianity.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 22:01
    Then there is no learning from experience ?
    I'm not sure what you are suggesting; should we all stop coming to the forum?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 07:421 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Isn't this the old Monty Hall Problem?
    (OP's final paragraph) However, I wouldn't be doing those of you who have not yet believed in Christ any favors by sugar coating your options or by withholding the facts regarding their diametrically opposed eternal consequences. Objectively focused, relevant questions will be answered in the sequence asked during the days and weeks ahead. For your own sake, please ponder the information given above. Thank you. -GB
  13. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 07:54
    Actually I think it is literally true that the sun comes up and goes down.
    Literally true from where we stand, and literally true for all people on this planet.
    What is the case if you stand on Mars and look at Earth is not relevant to what is literally true here.
    Actually, the particular passage referred to can be neither literally nor figuratively true.

If the Earth had really stopped turning for several hours (thus making the sun APPEAR to stand still) both armies would have been wiped out by the 1000 mph windstorm.

The anecdote is an interesting folklore, that must have been based on a real event, where Joshua did pray such a prayer, and then got supernatural courage and energy that the afternoon passed in a blur.

Or something like that.

But the sun did NOT actually stand still and the earth did NOT stop rotating.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 07:55
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Romans 5:18 Therefore just as one man's trespass led to condemnation for all, so one man's act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all.
    Thank you, vistesd. "So then as through one transgression [Adam's] there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness [Christ's substitutionary spiritual death] there resulted justification of life to all men." (Romans 5:18 New American Standard Bible)
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 07:56
    We really have NO idea what is happening 1,000 miles into the earth. It is anybody's guess.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree