Sin

Sin

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Dec 14
3 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Sorry.

You were saying to me that you didn't feel like arguing on the Lord's Day and that you had some teaching to do. I felt you were being a little sanctimonious using the "Lord's Day" as sort of being about the fray and not allowing yourself to be sullied but the filth of being here etc. It's how you frequently come across in my opinion. Anyway I ...[text shortened]... e holding a particular day as a "Sabbath" or as Paul said "holding Moons & Sabbaths" as special.
The essence of your reply lies here:

Anyway I picked up on this and pointed out that Sunday is a pagan day of Sun worship and not even in alignment with the Jewish Sabbath. I have no issue with you or anyone else holding a particular day as a "Sabbath" or as Paul said "holding Moons & Sabbaths" as special.

1.) I knew "Sunday" was the name of a Pagan day - as Moon day or Thor's day long ago.

2.) I did not say "enjoy Sunday". I said "enjoy the Lord's Day".
So you have a rebuttal in search of an error.

3.) Neither did I say anything about "enjoy the Sabbath" either Jewish or "Christian". So that information is also a rebuttal in search of a slip of the tongue.

4.) I already knew about some regarding Sunday as a new Sabbath.
I mentioned NEITHER "Sunday" or "Sunday Sabbath".

Now in the quotations of the early Christian teachers both Sabbath and Sunday were mentioned sometimes along with the Lord's Day being the first day of the week. But I noted I was not endorsing everything in those quotes.

I was only substantiating that the first century and afterward brothers and sisters regarded the first day of the week, the day Jesus rose from the dead of the 7 day week, "the Lord's day".

I have no issue with you or anyone else holding a particular day as a "Sabbath" or as Paul said "holding Moons & Sabbaths" as special.

This statement is based on your assumption that I regard Sunday as a Christian Sabbath day. I said nothing about the first day of the week being a Sabbath. I said the first day of the week was traditionally regarded as "the Lord's day." That's all.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Dec 14

Originally posted by sonship
You be an angry man. For someone who hates hell you sure raise enough of it.

Tell me all about the first day of the week (the day after the seventh day Sabbath) not being called [b]"the Lord's day"
by the first century disciples of Jesus.[/b]
I'm not angry; I really don't care what you do on your weekends.

What I picked up on is a certain insincerity in you claiming not to want to "argue on the Lord's Day". As I explained above, it makes you come across as trying to be more "holy" than me because you are on your special day and have your student to lecture etc. I find it all a bit pompous by you.

I trust I'm not evading your point still...?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Dec 14

The essence of your reply lies here:

Anyway I picked up on this and pointed out that Sunday is a pagan day of Sun worship and not even in alignment with the Jewish Sabbath. I have no issue with you or anyone else holding a particular day as a "Sabbath" or as Paul said "holding Moons & Sabbaths" as special.

1.) I knew "Sunday" was th ...[text shortened]... . I said the first day of the week was traditionally regarded as "the Lord's day." That's all.
As I've now said several times, I really really really don't care what traditions of men you use to formulate your religious calendar. Just don't use it with me as an excuse not to "argue". It makes you sound revoltingly pious.

OK?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Dec 14
1 edit

As I've now said several times, I really really really don't care what traditions of men you use to formulate your religious calendar. Just don't use it with me as an excuse not to "argue". It makes you sound revoltingly pious.

OK?

You sound pompous.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Dec 14

OK?

You sound pompous.
OK I accept you are being truthful.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Dec 14

Acts 20:28 -

"Take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among whom the Holy Spirit has placed you as overseers to shepherd the church of God, which He obtained with His own blood."

Do you think, that as far as it is possible for us to understand, God obtained me out from under divine judgment by His own blood ?

Do you believe, I as part of the church, which God obtained with His own blood, means God in Christ laid down His life that I be redeemed ?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
17 Dec 14

[b] Acts 20:28 -

"Take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among whom the Holy Spirit has placed you as overseers to shepherd the church of God, which He obtained with His own blood."

Do you think, that as far as it is possible for us to understand, God obtained me out from under divine judgment by His own blood ?

Do you ...[text shortened]... ich God obtained with His own blood, means God in Christ laid down His life that I be redeemed ?[/b]
God got his son to temporarily die so that he could forgive you?
You think that makes any sense?
It's not even good fiction.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Dec 14
1 edit

[b] Acts 20:28 -

Do you ...[text shortened]... ich God obtained with His own blood, means God in Christ laid down His life that I be redeemed ?[/b]
I think I understand you; that you are describing the atonement through Christ's sacrifice? If so, yes is my response.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Dec 14

I think I understand you; that you are describing the atonement through Christ's sacrifice? If so, yes is my response.
So you agree that " with His own blood " refers to God ?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Dec 14
1 edit

So you agree that [b]" with His own blood " refers to God ?[/b]
Jesus is God incarnate.

Is there a point coming sometime in our near future...before we all slip into a singularity and get spaghettified?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Dec 14

Jesus is God incarnate.

Is there a point coming sometime in our near future...before we all slip into a singularity and get spaghettified?
Then to reject Christ is to reject God Himself who laid down His life for you that you might be justified.

As far as it is possible for human beings to comprehend, God, the uncreated and immortal Righteous One, died, that we might be saved from our sins.

Is there more that God could have done in His love ?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Dec 14

Then to reject Christ is to reject God Himself who laid down His life for you that you might be justified.

As far as it is possible for human beings to comprehend, God, the uncreated and immortal Righteous One, died, that we might be saved from our sins.

are you flag waving for a reason here? Seriously, what is it you are asking me - I'm being way more patient with you than you deserve.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
17 Dec 14

You obviously lack imagination.

1. He could have sent down twin sons .... maybe even triplets.

2. He could have passed on the water to wine trick to the disciples.

3. He could have made a new Sabbath of 3 days thereby promoting a 4 day working week.

4. He could have made Jesus be born on Christmas Day.

... I could go on ...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Dec 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
You obviously lack imagination.

1. He could have sent down [b]twin
sons .... maybe even triplets.

2. He could have passed on the water to wine trick to the disciples.

3. He could have made a new Sabbath of 3 days thereby promoting a 4 day working week.

4. He could have made Jesus be born on Christmas Day.

... I could go on ...[/b]
You could go on making even more of a fool of yourself. True.
And I expect you to.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Dec 14
2 edits

Christ fulfilled and abrogated the Mosaic Law. Hebrews 8:13 "When He said, 'A new covenant', He made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear." The practices instituted for the nation of Israel are not included in God's plan for believers in Christ during the Dispensation of the Church Age [the Church doesn't offer animal sacrifices; maintain a Levitical Priesthood; worship in a sacred building; observe holy days or a Sabbath; offer tithes; or have minute details of community life prescribed by spiritual ordinances]. Each dispensation fulfills its own unique purpose in the overall plan of God in the reconciliation of mankind. We now worship God by learning His Word on a daily basis.

Now there's a new universal priesthood of all believers: 1 Peter 2:9 "But you are A Chosen Race, A Royal Priesthood, A Holy Nation, A People for God’s Own Possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;" Hebrews 7:12 "For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also." Hebrews 8:1-2 "Now the main point in what has been said is this: we have such a high priest, who has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, 2 a minister in the sanctuary and in the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, not man." Galatians 5:1-2 "It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery." (New American Standard Bible)