So How Narrow is the Way?

So How Narrow is the Way?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Jul 18

Originally posted by @sonship
In the vernacular hell is a place of punishment.
Biblically speaking hell is just the place of death, the place of the departed immaterial part of man = Hades or Sheol ( OT ).

I mean the scope of the word in the Bible is larger than just the place of punishment.

David the patriarch and believer died and went to Hades too.
[b] (Acts 2:27; Psalm 1 ...[text shortened]... n and vanacular usage has made hell mean the place of punishment after deatth of the unredeemed.
Do you equate 'torment' with death or punishment?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jul 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Hell is a place of torment according to scripture, ..
If hell is a place of torment then explain this verse

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:14 KJV)

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jul 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @rajk999
If hell is a place of torment then explain this verse

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:14 KJV)
As I pointed out to you earlier, the word hell unlike some other words had several different
meanings that were all translated into one word. So the end of Hell was also cast into
the lake of fire which has also been translated into the word Hell. No need for either of them
death or Hell once evil was completely dealt with.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jul 18

As I pointed out to you earlier, the word hell unlike some other words had several different
meanings that were all translated into one word. So the end of Hell was also cast into
the lake of fire which has also been translated into the word Hell. No need for either of them
death or Hell once evil was completely dealt with.
So hell is not necessarily always a place of torment.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jul 18

So hell is not necessarily always a place of torment.
Read the Bible and when in context it says it is, don’t change the meaning of any word to suit your likes and dislikes you will see it yourself.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
01 Jul 18

Originally posted by @eladar
Narrow enough that most people are not on it.

Sorry Dive
you don't know who goes thru and who is rejected

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jul 18

Read the Bible and when in context it says it is, don’t change the meaning of any word to suit your likes and dislikes you will see it yourself.
Give me an example of if or when I changed the context

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jul 18
2 edits

Give me an example of if or when I changed the context
Bribe you admitted you changed the meaning.

You ignore Jesus' words:
From those that deny Him, He will deny before the Father.

The works doctrine you carry in spite of so many text telling you it is not by works we are
saved, but that when saved we will do works.

2 Timothy 1:9
who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,

Titus 3:5
he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Romans 3:27
Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith.

Romans 4:2
For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God.

Ephesians 2:9
not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Just to name a few.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jul 18

Bribe you admitted you changed the meaning.

You ignore Jesus' words:
From those that deny Him, He will deny before the Father.

The works doctrine you carry in spite of so many text telling you it is not by works we are
saved, but that when saved we will do works.

2 Timothy 1:9
who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our wor ...[text shortened]... good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Just to name a few.
The context of the word bribe is this
..Can we do anything to make Him act one way or another, can we bribe Him, can we do enough good things to atone for the wicked things we do?

The bribe in this case is doing good works. Nothing is evil about good works. So my answer is Yes God is pleased with good works.

Saved is not eternal life. People are saved by the death of Christ. Eternal life is for those who do good works and live righteously.

T

Moves
03 Jul 18
3 edits

..Can we do anything to make Him act one way or another, can we bribe Him, can we do enough good things to atone for the wicked things we do?

The bribe in this case is doing good works. Nothing is evil about good works. So my answer is Yes God is pleased with good works.

Saved is not eternal life. Peopl ...[text shortened]... saved by the death of Christ. Eternal life is for those who do good works and live righteously.
...can we do enough good things to atone for the wicked things we do?..

The real question is, "can we be righteous enough to atone for the wicked things we do?". They disingenuously frame it in terms of "good things" vs "wicked things" no matter how many times this is pointed out the them.

So, can we be righteous enough to atone for the wicked things we do?

According to the following and elsewhere, the answer is "Yes".

Ezekiel 18
21“But if the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statutes and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22“All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live. 23“Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord GOD, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

For all their talk of YOU picking and choosing from the Bible, they disingenously do exactly that when it comes to passages such as this.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jul 18

Saved is not eternal life. Peopl ...[text shortened]... saved by the death of Christ. Eternal life is for those who do good works and live righteously.
We cannot make God do anything at all, it is all due to His plan, His purpose, by His design. We are saved by Him because He loves us, He sent Jesus while we were yet sinners not because we deserved to be saved! Being God He is sovereign, as such He can not be compelled to do anything outside of His will!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jul 18
1 edit

We cannot make God do anything at all, it is all due to His plan, His purpose, by His design. We are saved by Him because He loves us, He sent Jesus while we were yet sinners not because we deserved to be saved! Being God He is sovereign, as such He can not be compelled to do anything outside of His will!
We cannot make God do anything at all? Read the book of Job. Satan did it

We [humans] cannot MAKE GOD do anything but as humans we can earn Gods favour by living righteously and being obedient. I gave examples and yet you continue to repeat your unbiblical church doctrine.

We are saved by the death of His Son. ie Saved from the inherited sin which came to all men because of Adam. Jesus removed that burden. Saved from that sin does not automatically mean eternal life.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jul 18

We cannot make God do anything at all? Read the book of Job. Satan did it

We [humans] cannot MAKE GOD do anything but as humans we can earn Gods favour by living righteously and being obedient. I gave examples and yet you continue to repeat your unbiblical church doctrine.

We are saved by the death of His Son. ie Saved from the inherited sin which ca ...[text shortened]... f Adam. Jesus removed that burden. Saved from that sin does not automatically mean eternal life.
There are just to many things to correct in what you just said.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jul 18

There are just to many things to correct in what you just said.
Nothing to correct. We have two different doctrines.
Yours is talk - profess with your mouth and deny with your mouth etc
Mine is demonstrate your faith by action,

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jul 18

Nothing to correct. We have two different doctrines.
Yours is talk - profess with your mouth and deny with your mouth etc
Mine is demonstrate your faith by action,
I have shown you over and over several text that directly disputes your doctrine, but
instead of taking each verse to show me how it doesn't dispute your doctrine, you come
up with the spew out of your mouth ignoring the scripture you were shown. It is amazing
the very thing you accuse me of doing is actually the very thing you do when you reject
the Word of God.