1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 15:40
    Originally posted by @sonship
    This is how narrow is the way that leads to life.

No two Christians who have a problem of offended-ness between them will both enter into the kingdom to come. Either one will enter and the other will be kept out or both will be kept out.

I'm going to say it again. Then I'm going to prove it from Scripture.

How narrow is the way to life?
    How co ...[text shortened]... he path to reward in the kingdom age?
    How broad is the way to destruction?

See again below.
    Sweet. So every petty, silly intra-Christian argument on this forum is in fact, an eternal-death match.

I'm going to order the XXL tub of popcorn.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 18:32
    Everybody?

I would suggest that some of you stop applying this teaching to "the OTHER guy."

In the night when your lights in your house are brightly lite, you cannot see that well what is going on in other houses. When your own house is more in the dark inside, you can see real well what is going on in your neighbor's house.

"This is just what So-and-So needs to hear" may not be the best attitude. Apply it first to yourself.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 23:10
    Everybody?

I would suggest that some of you stop applying this teaching to "the OTHER guy."

In the night when your lights in your house are brightly lite, you cannot see that well what is going on in other houses. When your own house is more in the dark inside, you can see real well what is going on in your neighbor's house.

"This is just what So-and-So needs to hear" may not be the best attitude. Apply it first to yourself.
    Thats kinda creepy. I know it's an analogy but in all fairness I don't look into other' private lives.
    The parking area (communal space) is a different story. Lol
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 22:18

No two Christians who have a problem of offended-ness between them will both enter into the kingdom to come. Either one will enter and the other will be kept out or both will be kept out.

I'm going to say it again. Then I'm going to prove it from Scripture.

How narrow is the way to life?
    How co ...[text shortened]... he path to reward in the kingdom age?
    How broad is the way to destruction?

See again below.
    The Way is a person, Jesus Christ, outside of Him all others fail to please God.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 22:52
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Narrow enough that most people are not on it.

Sorry Dive
    Lol.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 06:55
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Narrow enough that most people are not on it.

Sorry Dive
    To revel in the thought of another human being going blindly to the eternal suffering of your monsterous version of god, has to be the most disgusting thing I’ve seen a poster write since sonship’s revelation that the knowledge of those eternally suffering helped him forgive those who has mistreated him.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 06:56
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Lol.
    Why is it funny?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 06:591 edit

In your opinion as a self-proclaimed “teacher” in this forum, am I precluded from salvation if I reject either your teaching on the trinity or your teaching on eternal suffering?

So, now we find out if this OP and the subsequent preaching is worth anything at all...
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 07:301 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    In your opinion as a self-proclaimed “teacher” in this forum, am I precluded from salvation if I reject either your teaching on the trinity or your teaching on eternal suffering?

So, now we find out if this OP and the subsequent preaching is worth anything at all...
    I said to get some new tricks. We've been through all this before.

Am I the ONLY teacher here?
    Don't you do some teaching too?

You haven't elaborated on what's WRONG with being a teacher in the first place.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 07:322 edits
    Divegeester tries some scatter shot to brute force his complaints together for possible better effectiveness.

So we untangle the two intertwined complaints and we see the obfuscation doesn't help either argument.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 07:34
    I said to get some new tricks. We've been through all this before.

Am I the ONLY teacher here?
    Don't you do some teaching too?

You haven't elaborated on what's WRONG with being a teacher in the first place.

Now to your narcisistic munipulation of my views and your lying about me.

[quote]am I precluded from salvation if I reject either your te ...[text shortened]... tarian battlestations with you.
    See if you can try harder to portray me as the sectarian one.
    Wow, you seem offended.

Which one of us gets in then?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 07:351 edit
    Divegeester tries some scatter shot to brute force his complaints together for possible better effectiveness.

So we untangle the two intertwined complaints and we see the obfuscation doesn't help either argument.
    It’s a simple question hanging on your vanity sonship, a simple question you cannot give a simple answer to.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 07:351 edit
    Now to your narcisistic munipulation of my views and your lying about me.

am I precluded from salvation if I reject either your teaching on the trinity or your teaching on eternal suffering?

Do you bind the TWO concepts together for obfusction?
    Is this scatter shot.

The complaint is actually TWO separate complaints. So let's separate them.

1.) Your first complaint is that I make discussion of the nature of the doctrine of that Trinity to be a requirement to salvation.

Not only your Trinity argument involves denying that Jesus is Lord, I don't see why Romans 10:9 would not apply.

Not being satisfied with this perfectly reasonable answer you're going to push the matter perpetually. I expect that.

You're going to, as you always do, see if you can manopulate me to give a binary Yes or No about -

"If I disagree about the Trinity with you am I lost? YES or NO."

And it is resonable for me to answer you - Not necessarily. Use Romans 10:9 as your guideline. That's a good place to start.

So you say "Then its not important to salvation."
    That's your opinion perhaps because you don't think of anything else except "Do I have MY being saved?"

Maybe that is all that is important to you.
    Ie. God has not other purpose but to look after Divegeeter's safety.

2.) Now your second complaint has to do with eternal punishment.

It is a lie that I ever said "If you don't agree with my interpretation of eternal punishment you can't be saved."

That's YOUR LIE.
    I asked for a QUOTATION to that effect written by me.
    I haven't seen you provide your evidence yet.
    You have several YEARS of material to draw from.

So we untangle the TWO distinct charges and see clearly that you have no case. But I could have told you that years ago.

I will conclude this post with the quotation of Romans 10:8-10. And YOU can show me in there where a requirement about understandings of a lake of fire are demanded for salvation. Here it is.

"But what does it say? The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that is the word of faith which we proclaim.

That is you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

For with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation." (Rom 10:8-10)

TRY AS YOU MAY to project YOUR sectarianism upon me, you fail. I see no insistance there that you have to confess the lake of fire and believe in your heart about the lake of fire.

Why would I make that a requirement then?
    It says its about "Jesus" being Lord and God raising Jesus from the dead.

Back to the pseudo Unitarian battlestations with you.
    See if you can try harder to portray me as the sectarian one.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 07:361 edit
    Wow you really are offended!!
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 07:37
    It’s not a lie sonship, it’s a question.

Saying I’m lying is well err, you lying actually.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree