1. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 19:24
    Originally posted by apathist
    You get the point, don't you?
    Yes, I do. Do you get mine?
    We can live without money, we do not need it. But we need religion far less.

I can imagine societies in which money is meaningless. I have watched 'The Gods must be Crazy' where a group of bushmen encounter a coke bottle and eventually decide that property of that nature is inherently evil and that the Gods must be crazy to have given it to them.

But in the real world, religion is popular but a long way from universal. Obviously superstition is hard to separate from religion and is much more pervasive but even that is not universal by any means.
  2. RSA
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 19:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I guess that is why the scam of religion flourishes, people need it. Too bad, it keeps people on a low level maturity wise. All they can think about is what religion is bad, what does my god say about that and who do I have to kill. Of course those are the extremists but it makes it miserable for ALL of us.

Bad scam. VERY bad scam, but the most successf ...[text shortened]... history also. We will never mature as a species till we sham the shackles of organized religion.
    This is just one of those issues where it isn't worth fighting with someone over.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 23:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What on earth are you talking about?
    Need. Or the illusion of need, to be more precise.

I would've thought it was a simple analogy, but hey...
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 23:19
    Originally posted by apathist
    Money brings what we [b]do truly need, though. Doesn't religion do the same?[/b]
    Well, no. It might set you on the "path" but only 'might'.
    Also we can grow food rather than buy it. I know it's more complicated in the real world but it's how things work (growing food to meet our needs)
    It's really not a bad analogy looked at in terms of "need"
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 23:22
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Show me large numbers of people living with out it.
    Why should I show you that? It does exist and you know it. There are many pockets of people wishing to grow their own food and get away from money based economy, preferring bartering or other methods proving that people don't need money.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 12:42
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Why should I show you that? It does exist and you know it. There are many pockets of people wishing to grow their own food and get away from money based economy, preferring bartering or other methods proving that people don't need money.
    There are a lot of people say in Alaska, living off the grid, growing their own food, killing game for food, building cabins out of logs chopped down from a nearby forest, fishing and smoking fish and meat, getting along pretty well.

There are a couple of TV shows on cable like the Brown family in Alaska, or Mountain Men.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 13:593 edits
    I guess that is why the scam of religion flourishes, people need it. Too bad, it keeps people on a low level maturity wise. All they can think about is what religion is bad, what does my god say about that and who do I have to kill. Of course those are the extremists but it makes it miserable for ALL of us.

Bad scam. VERY bad scam, but the most successf ...[text shortened]... history also. We will never mature as a species till we sham the shackles of organized religion.
    Which scam do you prefer that purport to help the poor and improve lives? Is it religion or the government?

Jesus was nailed to the cross by religious folk and the government.

He went before the Roman governor Pilate as the head of the Jewish religion demanded him to be crucified. Both agreed to it.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 14:18

What about the science scam of saying people walked on the moon ?

YouTube
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 16:10
    Originally posted by sonship
    What about the science scam of saying people walked on the moon ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM7ebcR3-xE
    Your apparent belief that man didn't walk on the moon seems to be growing in worrying strength. - It honestly (honestly) damages the integrity of anything you say on any other subject. I urge you to seriously reflect on this, especially as to why you seemingly 'want' to believe such a silly thing.

And, no, I didn't follow the link.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 18:474 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Your apparent belief that man didn't walk on the moon seems to be growing in worrying strength. - It honestly (honestly) damages the integrity of anything you say on any other subject. I urge you to seriously reflect on this, especially as to why you seemingly 'want' to believe such a silly thing.

Eh. I could be wrong.
    There is plenty of other fake science mythology to demonstrate the point even if the Apollo moon landings as SEEN in videos were real.

Does it make a big difference to my Christian faith one way or another ?
    No.

Do I WISH people never walked on the moon ?
    No.
    It's cool if they did.

Don't tell me they did though, if it is just staged Cold War propaganda.
    That's all.

I do not wish science does not advance.
    My faith is not threatened by technological advancement.
    I do watch out for lies or deceptions though.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 19:29
    Eh. I could be wrong.
    There is plenty of other fake science mythology to demonstrate the point even if the Apollo moon landings as SEEN in videos were real.

Does it make a big difference to my Christian faith one way or another ?
    No.

Do I WISH people never walked on the moon ?
    No.
    It's cool if they did.

Don't tell me they did though, if ...[text shortened]... ned by technological advancement.
    I do watch out for [b]lies
    or deceptions though.[/b]
    You need to consider Hinds your personal warning, as to the dangers of watching youtube conspiracies.

You say it makes no difference to your Christian faith, but it really does compromise your credibility as a poster worth listening to. Do you truly want to put yourself in the same bracket as Hinds or Freaky?!
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 22:24
    There are a lot of people say in Alaska, living off the grid, growing their own food, killing game for food, building cabins out of logs chopped down from a nearby forest, fishing and smoking fish and meat, getting along pretty well.

There are a couple of TV shows on cable like the Brown family in Alaska, or Mountain Men.
    I've watched a couple just recently. Incredible how they can put up with that cold- and lack of tomatoes 🙂
    Australia is still the most likely place to buy some cheap land and get off the grid.
    I believe the KRSNA farm I visited was a good example of this. They don't ask for money, rather some suitable labour in exchange for accommodation and food. (BTW being a Hindu devotee is not a prerequisite to living with them)
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 13:359 edits
    You need to consider Hinds your personal warning, as to the dangers of watching youtube conspiracies.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that a veiled threat of some kind?

And, what makes your credibility so very pristine ?
    Is there something so above questioning about your own integrity that you can glare down your spectacles at me ?

The moon stuff is not that important.
    Make sure you have it right with the existence of God and the salvation of His Son.

You say it makes no difference to your Christian faith, but it really does compromise your credibility as a poster worth listening to.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Like you will scoff LESS at the Bible if I had no skepticism about what I saw as a high school kid in 1969. I wonder about those videos now. Really ??
    Maybe so.

I introduced this opinion into this thread to counter the smugness of those who think big money, big propaganda, and big science can't [edited] pull the wool over people's eyes too.

Videoed Moon walks authentic?? Okay.
    You still have Piltdown Man, Nebraska Man, and other fraud Prehistoric men.

YouTube
    ( not a blanket endorsement of all of the speaker's ideas )

You don't think something like that could happen concerning space exploration?
    This is a statement on the fraudulent opportunism of science as well as religion.

Do you truly want to put yourself in the same bracket as Hinds or Freaky?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then again you may work on some "guilt by association" of one kind or another.
    I am not Young Earther and I am not a Flat Earther.

There is probably something I believe as a commonly accepted "fact" which is not, or will turn out not to be true. I don't think it will be a discounting of the Gospel of Christ. They'll try hard though.

You have to look carefully at WHO is telling you things.
    Jesus Christ wanted nothing for Himself. He wanted everything for His Father - God.

"Let God be true and every man a liar."
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 13:581 edit

And no, I don't care if you didn't.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 15:54

And no, I don't care if you didn't.
    You really don't get it about your credibility to be put in the same shoes as Freaky.

That is not a good thing. I get the strong feeling if the Soviets had won the race to the moon and we decided not to got there and THEY had the videos and moon buggies and such, NOBODY would claim it was faked.

You claim it was faked BECAUSE it was NASA.

Also BTW, NOBODY outside the US claims the moon landings were faked.

It is only UNITED STATES citizen traitors making a buck on the issue claiming fakery.

If the Soviets had won and a Soviet citizen claimed it was faked, what do you think the Soviet government would call what the moon landing denier said? I think the term would be Traitor, or subversive, something like that.

Or if it had been China winning the race and a Chinese national claimed fakery, how long do you think he would have avoided prison time?

An American claiming moon landing fakery can get away with it even though it IS treason, he makes money off the books, making that money from the bogus claim we never landed on the moon, which IS treason in my books but they get away with it.

You shoud think about the sources for such BS stories before you obsess over the moon landing denier conspiracy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree