1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 10:25
    I guess that is why the scam of religion flourishes, people need it. Too bad, it keeps people on a low level maturity wise. All they can think about is what religion is bad, what does my god say about that and who do I have to kill. Of course those are the extremists but it makes it miserable for ALL of us.

Bad scam. VERY bad scam, but the most successful scam in human history also. We will never mature as a species till we sham the shackles of organized religion.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 10:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I guess that is why the scam of religion flourishes, people need it. Too bad, it keeps people on a low level maturity wise. All they can think about is what religion is bad, what does my god say about that and who do I have to kill. Of course those are the extremists but it makes it miserable for ALL of us.

Bad scam. VERY bad scam, but the most successf ...[text shortened]... history also. We will never mature as a species till we sham the shackles of organized religion.
    Are you looking for a discussion of just musing?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 10:44

Bad scam. VERY bad scam, but the most successf ...[text shortened]... history also. We will never mature as a species till we sham the shackles of organized religion.
    Frankly, this sounds like 'Alex Jones' level conspiracy theory.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 14:165 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What be Alex jones theory?

Can you prove it's NOT a scam of monsterous proportions?

You get stories in the bible people now take literally and you think that was designed by a god?

That was designed and written by men to frighten men and women who had no other information about it, like the flood tale, like Ab's test from god to kill his son, when a real god would have needed no such test, since, being omniscient it would have known well ahead of time the outcome of any such test, which just proves it was written only by men who never thought through the implications of such tales.

Or the one you should love, men are worth 50 sheckels while women are only worth 30.

Tell me that came from a god. MUCH more likely coming from men with an ego problem and had to come up with a way to permentanly put women on a lower platform.

That was the basis for the original version, Judaism, where women were not even and even now are not to worship in the same part of the temple or whatever you call it.

Or forming the basis for women not even being able to get a drivers license in Arabia.

God never in a billion years would say women are not 'worth' as much as men. But the bible goes, Man was created first, then the stupid god not realizing the psychological problems caused by making an intelligent single lone creature, figures out belatedly the dude needed a companion, so took a rib from a man and made a woman. Like a god would need a rib to do that job, did it need a rib to make Adam?

Why don't people look at all these crappy stories with critical thinking? And that would be because they are gullible and deeply need answers whether they are true or not, as long as you believe, you are ok.

If you don't believe, we will solve that problem by just killing you. A real godly thing.

And the bottom line is people who believe can't even process this kind of critical thinking, just putting someone like me in line with the devil, hell bent on destroying civilization.

What I want is for the human race to grow up and act maturely. something that will NEVER happen when all these man made religions are at permanent war with each other, each one screaming WE have the TRUE religion, all you others are made by the devil.

You don't see that as a problem?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 06:50

You are so right! People need to stop pretending to know God by being religious and die to themselves, take up their cross and follow Jesus.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 06:57
    I guess that is why the scam of religion flourishes, people need it.
    The existence of large numbers of non-religious people suggests is is not a NEED.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 08:32

The forum is called "spirituality" but mostly deals with the troubles and inconsistencies of organized Christianity😞
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 08:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Once again. The difference between organized religion and spirituality is a huge chasm of black hole void
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 08:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    You are so right! People need to stop pretending to know God by being religious and die to themselves, take up their cross and follow Jesus.
    In that order?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 08:37
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The existence of large numbers of non-religious people suggests is is not a NEED.
    People don't need money either, but it's everywhere and people truly believe they need it
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 08:41
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    People don't need money either, but it's everywhere and people truly believe they need it
    What on earth are you talking about?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 10:051 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What on earth are you talking about?
    He sounded pretty clear to me, people need religion. Even though it is a huge world consuming scam.

Religious people can't even use the rational part of their brains to talk about it either, they just go for the throat of the antagonist, unable to process the BS nature of the stories.
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 18:01
    Money brings what we do truly need, though. Doesn't religion do the same?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 18:36
    Show me large numbers of people living with out it.
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 19:12
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Show me large numbers of people living with out it.
    You get the point, don't you? Let's say you're alone on a starship with no resources other than cargo holds full of cash. Are your needs met?

Money is merely a form of communication, without intrinsic value. You already know this. I'll sell you a useful thought governor for say, 2 days of food for a family of seven. Deal?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree