Society

Society

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
NO!
Thanks..Finally a simple answer.

So may I ask why not?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
And you would not say what this "way" was. So the premise of the question doesn't work. You asked me why I would not "wish it could be stopped by any means" but wouldn't say what this expression "any means" refers to, even when asked. Then, later, we saw your true colours when you admitted - a little more honestly perhaps - "It is really no concern of mine what you or FMF thinks and the reason you think it."
and that question was already answered in the movie "minority report"

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by galveston75

So may I ask why not?
-stop all crimes by lobotomizing every human being.
-stop all crimes preemptively by implanting a chip in every human brain that sends wireless transmissions of all your thoughts and plans to a central monitoring area.

those are just two unacceptable examples that took me all of 10 seconds to come up with.

F

Moves
20 Jun 12
3 edits

Whatever. No matter how I would have worded it this same sillyness would have happened. C ya!!!!!!!
It wasn't an issue of "wording". It was an issue of how ludicrous the premise of your question was. You need to take responsibility for what you post rather than simply dissemble and try to blame others.

Do you still think, based on our exchanges on this thread, that I have a lack of interest in seeing a reduction in crime and that I don't care at all about the victims of crime? Do you think, by way of contrast, that you have demonstrated that you are interested and that you do care?

Moves
20 Jun 12

So may I ask why not?
Because the price you hinted at is way more than I am prepared to pay.

I am also not prepared to sign up for anything where the cost is unknown,
particularly when I can't see any acceptable way of achieving the goal.

You didn't specify under who's laws these crimes would be judged.

So to answer the question as to whether I would sign up for some imaginary
scheme to end all crime where I can see no acceptable way of achieving the
goal if it were even possible and when I have no idea what laws are going
to be absolutely enforced or by whom then there can be only one answer to
the question...

NO! I will not sign up for that.

Which btw, if your god (or any other) does exist.

I didn't, don't, and wont, Sign up to follow them or their laws either.

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
and that question was already answered in the movie "minority report"
And 1984 and V for Vendetta and.....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Jun 12

Because the price you hinted at is way more than I am prepared to pay.

I am also not prepared to sign up for anything where the cost is unknown,
particularly when I can't see any acceptable way of achieving the goal.

You didn't specify under who's laws these crimes would be judged.

So to answer the question as to whether I would sign up for so ...[text shortened]... her) does exist.

I didn't, don't, and wont, Sign up to follow them or their laws either.
Even if it meant that ALL of mankind would finally live in peace and with no crime or death from those crimes?

Cape Town

Moves
20 Jun 12

Even if it meant that ALL of mankind would finally live in peace and with no crime or death from those crimes?
It depends what 'living in peace' constitutes. For example we could put everyone under anaesthesia. Is that 'living in peace'?
Your question is one that cannot he answered because it lacks sufficient information to make a judgement call. All one can say is that without further information it is safer to decline (as most scenarios we can think of involve incapacitating people in some way).

Moves
20 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
It depends what 'living in peace' constitutes. For example we could put everyone under anaesthesia. Is that 'living in peace'?
Your question is one that cannot he answered because it lacks sufficient information to make a judgement call. All one can say is that without further information it is safer to decline (as most scenarios we can think of involve incapacitating people in some way).
Exactly.

I can't see any possible way of having living breathing humans in which no 'crime' or 'suffering'
ever happens and can never happen which does not involve the forceful imposition of those laws
onto humans and the total destruction of their will and personality so that they don't suffer from
having their will taken away.

To create this society you speak of would require my destruction, because nothing recognisably me
could live happily in such a society.

If you change me so much that I could live in such a society happily would be to destroy the thing that
makes me me, and replace it with something else.

And the same would apply to many other people, probably the overwhelming majority of people, if not
actually everyone.

This thing you suggest sounds to me like an abomination.

EDIT: It sounds like the Christian description of heaven. A place I would rather die than go to.

Moves
20 Jun 12

Answered in my previous post.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Jun 12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l93wAqnPQwk#!

So society is doing ok as some here suggest or even getting better? I'm sorry but as a kid and riding busses I've never seen or heard of anything like this.
For you who think this is "no big deal" I'd like to see your reaction if this was your Mother or Grandmother.
Sure there have always been punks but come on.....
Where is the teaching these kids need? What kind of respect are they being taught not only towards other humans but towards God?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Jun 12

Answered in my previous post.
That's a little on the selfish side don't ya think?

Moves
21 Jun 12

That's a little on the selfish side don't ya think?
Sorry what's selfish?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Jun 12

Sorry what's selfish?
Really? Is that a serious answer?

F

Moves
21 Jun 12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l93wAqnPQwk#!

So society is doing ok as some here suggest or even getting better? I'm sorry but as a kid and riding busses I've never seen or heard of anything like this.
For you who think this is "no big deal" I'd like to see your reaction if this was your Mother or Grandmother.
Sure there h ...[text shortened]... ? What kind of respect are they being taught not only towards other humans but towards God?
YouTube clips and personal anecdotes aren't a serious approach to the sweep of human history. What materials that challenge your views do you expose yourself to?