Spectators in Hell

Spectators in Hell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ENGLAND

Moves
16 May 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
fortunately not everyone is so inclined, there are others that still have respect for a Minister of God.
Why do you keep calling yourself a "minister of God" when in fact all you are is a Glaswegian ex-plasterer who joined a religious cult?

rc

Moves
16 May 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Respect has to be earned sir.

Good luck with that.
luck? pah! who needs luck when you have the Father of the Celestial lights on your side? 😀

Moves
17 May 15

luck? pah! who needs luck when you have the Father of the Celestial lights on your side? 😀
I wouldn't underestimate luck. You for one wouldn't exist without it.

rc

Moves
17 May 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I wouldn't underestimate luck. You for one wouldn't exist without it.
haha 😀

Cape Town

Moves
17 May 15

Given that you have not earned much respect on this forum, I think we have to conclude that he is not on your side.

rc

Moves
17 May 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
Given that you have not earned much respect on this forum, I think we have to conclude that he is not on your side.
Why should I crave respect from you or anyone else?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 May 15

No I don't think it will, genocide is also perpetrated against a specific people.
The specific people in this case will be those who have rejected the 'Lord Jesus' as checkbaiter has claimed.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 May 15

Originally posted by whodey
Why do people suffer?

It usually boils down to making poor decisions. Either people make it for themselves or people mistreat others.
Where do illness and disease fit into this claim of yours? What about natural disasters? Surely genetic diseases have nothing to do with people making poor decisions? What about people being killed in an earthquake? Or a flood? A tsunami?

You also avoided answering to the question as to 'how' there is suffering?!

rc

Moves
17 May 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Why do you keep calling yourself a "minister of God" when in fact all you are is a Glaswegian ex-plasterer who joined a religious cult?
oh dear I can hear you ask Jesus the same thing - Jesus why do you call yourself a minister of God when you were infact an ex carpenter, unschooled at the rabbinic centres of higher education and a Galilean with a Galilean accent who gathered around you fishermen who were also unlettered and ordinary.

Wow a greater example of Pharisaical thinking I dont think I have come across.

rc

Moves
17 May 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob
The specific people in this case will be those who have rejected the 'Lord Jesus' as checkbaiter has claimed.
Yes but they do not belong to a specific genus and therefore your claim of genocide cannot stand.

rc

Moves
17 May 15
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Who are minsters of God?

As to when and by whom a person is ordained, consider the example of Jesus Christ. He did not have a certificate of ordination or a degree from some seminary to prove that he was a minister, and he was not ordained by any man. Why can we say, then, that he was a minister? Because Isaiah’s inspired words were fulfilled in him: “Jehovah’s spirit is upon me, because he anointed me to declare good news.” (Luke 4:17-19; Isaiah 61:1) Those words leave no doubt that Jesus was commissioned to tell forth good news. By whom? Since Jehovah’s spirit anointed him for the work, Jesus was clearly ordained by Jehovah God. When did this happen? Jehovah’s spirit actually came upon Jesus when he was baptized. (Luke 3:21, 22) Therefore, it was at his baptism that he was ordained.

What of Jesus’ first-century followers? Their status as ministers also came from Jehovah. Paul said: “Our being adequately qualified issues from God, who has indeed adequately qualified us to be ministers of a new covenant.” (2 Corinthians 3:5, 6) How does Jehovah qualify his worshipers to be ministers? Consider the example of Timothy, whom Paul called “God’s minister in the good news about the Christ.”—1 Thess

We are ministers of God on the basis that we teach and preach the Good News of Gods Kingdom, that is what qualifies us to be ministers of God. Its a pity that you cannot say the same.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2000844?q=minister+of+God&p=par

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 May 15

Yes but they do not belong to a specific genus and therefore your claim of genocide cannot stand.
You are wrong. Genocide as defined by the UN is -

...any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

In this particular instance everyone except Christians will be killed.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 May 15

oh dear I can hear you ask Jesus the same thing - Jesus why do you call yourself a minister of God when you were infact an ex carpenter, unschooled at the rabbinic centres of higher education and a Galilean with a Galilean accent who gathered around you fishermen who were also unlettered and ordinary.

Wow a greater example of Pharisaical thinking I dont think I have come across.
You're comparing yourself to Jesus?

rc

Moves
17 May 15

You are wrong. Genocide as defined by the UN is -

...any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or [b]religious group, as such:

In this particular instance everyone except Christians will be killed.[/b]
yes but none of them fit the description that you mention, they are probably all from different religious and ethical backgrounds. You fail fatboy.

rc

Moves
17 May 15

You're comparing yourself to Jesus?
I am comparing my circumstances to Jesus, how you could have failed to notice I cannot say. Was he also not unlettered and ordinary, an ex carpenter and yet also a minster of God? Were not the Galileans also from the North and had a noticeable accent? Did it have any relevance to his or his followers acceptance as being ministers of God? No then perhaps you would like to explain your Pharisaical friends objections as to why my accent, me former employment my nationality has any bearing on it.