1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '15 18:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I thought I covered that. Your memory's not exactly what it used to be, eh? Here it is again:

Missing the point here just a little bit?

[b]These are the only ones who will be tormented: Satan, his lieutenants (Edit: the Beast and the False Prophet), and anyone who worships the beast and/or takes his mark. The rest will die the second death of the in ...[text shortened]... e to suggest that this might happen to YOU. Get over yourself and heed the warning as it stands.
    You are not answering the question which is: if as you say, you and God "don't need to watch" the burning in hell, then how do you account for the scripture in my OP?
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 May '15 19:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Of course not. Atheists seemingly have a terribly poor grip on anything biblical.
    You essentially said that women being in subjection to their husbands was 'superseded by Christ', even though that was written by a disciple of Christ, after Christ commissioned him to teach the world about him.

Rethink who has a "poor grip" on the bible here. Especially since you're supposed to be a Christian.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '15 19:47

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '15 21:26
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Indeed its been my observation that many theists are in fact incapable of thinking rationally about the scriptures because of adherence to extra biblical doctrines or some other religious bias.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '15 00:08
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "God forbid you be wrong."
    if i am wrong, and god is not love and is in fact an ashole, we are in deep crap anyway.

"Man's genocide is evil, yes. God's is not."
    so does that mean you would kill a list of people if god commanded you to?
    To understand why God killed people in the Old Testament (Genocide), go here...

http://www.truthortradition.com/articles/the-sons-of-god-of-genesis-six

Anyone who rejects the Lord Jesus after He suffered and died for your sins, deserves to go to hell. If you think you are innocent of any wrong doing, then blame Satan for your dilemma.
    I have no problem with hell, but I do not believe it will be eternal suffering.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 May '15 03:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Well actually yes, I do think they represent something other than fire and (eternal) torment. Are you claiming that you believe all of the Bible to be literal and that you live by that?

Do you think the "cup of wrath" and the "wine of fury" are literal?

Do you think the seven-headed beast with ten horns is literal?

Do you think the whore of Babylon is literally a woman whore with a cup full of maddening wine?
    Well I'm all ears, what do they represent in your view?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '15 06:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Indeed its been my observation that many theists are in fact incapable of thinking rationally about the scriptures because of adherence to extra biblical doctrines or some other religious bias.
    Did you really just say that... 😵
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '15 06:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well I'm all ears, what do they represent in your view?
    Please answer the question; do you think they are literal as you think the fire and brimstone is literal? It's not hard, you either do or you don't?
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 May '15 07:01
    Well I'm all ears,..
    And here's the photographic evidence.

http://www.weirdnutdaily.com/6vn
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '15 07:421 edit
    The difference is atheists don't really want to read and understand it. Their purpose in reading it is to find errors and fault. 😏
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 May '15 12:53
    Please answer the question; do you think they are literal as you think the fire and brimstone is literal? It's not hard, you either do or you don't?
    I believe that there is a second death, as to what that entails I'm not sure. I presume it is the worst thing that can happen to someone.

As far as the symbolism in Revelation, this is from a spiritual perspective. For example, we are told that stars represent angels and so forth. These symbolisms are used to describe what is happening on the material world we call earth. However, the second death and the lake of fire has no relation to this material world, so why the symbolism?

I'll ask you again to make your case, what do you think that the lake of fire and eternal punishment represent? Again,it is YOU who are trying to make your case, not me.

To date all I hear from you is that you don't like it, so you refuse to believe it.

Personally, there are a whole lot of things I don't like as well, such as their being a devil. But to deny what I don't like seems daft.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '15 13:201 edit
    I believe that there is a second death, as to what that entails I'm not sure. I presume it is the worst thing that can happen to someone.

As far as the symbolism in Revelation, this is from a spiritual perspective. For example, we are told that stars represent angels and so forth. These symbolisms are used to describe what is happening on the material w ...[text shortened]... gs I don't like as well, such as their being a devil. But to deny what I don't like seems daft.
    What I think some symbolism is or isn't, is irrelevant. I don't care what they represent, but they are not literal in my opinion.

You are, I think, deliberately missing the point, which is that the important topic here is that you and the other Christians in this forum believe that burning in hell for eternity is a literal and righteous punishment for not being a Christian - and the rest of us think that you are morally reprehensible for accepting that punishment as begin righteous.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 May '15 13:32
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    To understand why God killed people in the Old Testament (Genocide), go here...

http://www.truthortradition.com/articles/the-sons-of-god-of-genesis-six

Anyone who rejects the Lord Jesus after He suffered and died for your sins, deserves to go to hell. If you think you are innocent of any wrong doing, then blame Satan for your dilemma.
    I have no problem with hell, but I do not believe it will be eternal suffering.
    What an extraordinary claim, you have 'no problem' with a place in which fellow human beings will face torture and suffering. What a heinous and vile mindset your 'faith' has led you to.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 May '15 14:16
    You are not answering the question which is: if as you say, you and God "don't need to watch" the burning in hell, then how do you account for the scripture in my OP?
    Look, I don't know what 'version' of English you profess, but yes, I did answer your question.

It's this kind of badgering that prevents people answering questions in this forum at all. Did you ever think of that?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 May '15 14:201 edit
    Apparently, they are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree