Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 06:56
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

"He who sits in the heavens shall laugh."

Psalm 2:4
    Psalm 137:7-9 (KJV)

Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

3. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 07:03
    Every concept formed by the intellect in an attempt to comprehend and circumscribe the divine nature can succeed only in fashioning an idol, not in making God known.

St. Gregory of Nyssa
  4. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 07:05
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Every concept formed by the intellect in an attempt to comprehend and circumscribe the divine nature can succeed only in fashioning an idol, not in making God known.

St. Gregory of Nyssa
    I should make this my personal credo!

!!!!!!
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 22:40

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

--Galatians 5:22-23

6. Standard membermenace71online
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 02:30
    Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say If they knew you believed in God above They should realize before criticise that God is the only way to love. Black Sabbath song: after forever
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 19:21

"I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden."

Saint Augustine
  8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 16:48

"Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth"

--1 Corinthians 13:6

9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    12 Mar '05 04:262 edits
    1 If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

3 If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant

5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;

6 it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.

7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end.

9 For we know only in part, and we prophesy only in part;

10 but when the complete comes, the partial will come to an end.

11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways.

12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known.

13 And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

St. Paul (Corinthians 13)
  10. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    13 Mar '05 02:11

"Prayer is powerful beyond limits when we turn to the Immaculata who is queen even of God's heart."

SAINT MAXIMILLIAN KOLBE

11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 19:05

"And therefore the Philosopher [Aristotle] says in Metaphysics VI that good and evil, which are objects of the will, are in things, but truth and error, which are objects of the intellect, are in the mind."

Saint Thomas Aquinas

12. Standard memberanswer
    Free and Full!
    New York City
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 19:30
    "God is like the judge who, after passing out the punishment for the guilty defendant, laid aside his robe, stood alongside the convicted, and paid the fine for him."

-unkown-
  13. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    19 Mar '05 01:57

"Jim Bakker spells his name with two k's because three would be too obvious."

Bill Maher
  14. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    19 Mar '05 07:53
    The religion that is afraid of science dishonors God and commits suicide.

Ralph Waldo Emerson.
  15. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    19 Mar '05 07:59
    "Why if the LORD is a shepherd, does he allow the wolves in with the sheep?"

- Janian Wilmott

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree