1. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 16:211 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    As I said, robbie, you don't have to mention the fact that you think that Jehovah's Witnesses are the "True" Christians® every single time you post. It's been what you have been propagating on this forum for years.
    We were not discussing Jehovahs witnesses, we were discussing your outlandish claim
    that you were a Christian. It seems that you simply use the fact that I am a Witness as
    some kind of cheap excuse to avoid telling us how in any shape or form you were
    anything other than a nominal Christian.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 16:341 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    We were not discussing Jehovahs witnesses, we were discussing your outlandish claim
    that you were a Christian. It seems that you simply use the fact that I am a Witness as
    some kind of cheap excuse to avoid telling us how in any shape or form you were
    anything other than a nominal Christian.
    If I were a Jehovah's Witness, robbie, like you are, I would be agreeing with you and saying that I was not really a Christian back when I was a Christian. However, I don't subscribe to the same views as you do on what you choose to call "nominal Christians".

Indeed, as I said earlier, your definition of Christian means even less to me now than it would have meant to me, if you'd shared it with me, back when I was a Christian. I am not attempting to tell you "how in any shape or form" I was a Christian because it is moot seeing as I have abandoned Christianity and I don't need your endorsement, either in the present or retrospectively.

That I have abandoned Christianity was my point on page one of this thread, and whether or not you agree that I was ever a Christian really does not affect what I have 'revealed' in reply to the OP.

If you want to argue with a Christian about what it means to be one, then you should do so; there are plenty of them here.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 16:41
    deluders gonna delude themselves 😛
    In case you have forgotten, it was you who had to admit on this forum you are in fact 'closed minded' and 'ignorant' not me.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 16:48
    LOL, I dont hate the bearded wonder, i like him, I was just sayin.
    The term 'hater' is common in the rap world. It just means 'critic' in that context.

As far as literal hate goes? I don't think either one of you hates the other.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 17:101 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The term 'hater' is common in the rap world. It just means 'critic' in that context.

do you ever wonder what would happen if all the posters in the spirituality forum met in a pub and had a few beers together. would everybody bite there tongue when in each others physical presence, would there be a healthy argument and banter or would it end in black eyes and bloody noses?

who would be the most likely culprits to kick off and get handy and who would win? who would be the alpha male of the group?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 17:14
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    do you ever wonder what would happen if all the posters in the spirituality forum met in a pub and had a few beers together. would everybody bite there tongue when in each others physical presence, would there be a healthy argument and banter or would it end in black eyes and bloody noses?

who would be the most likely culprits to kick off and get handy and who would win? who would be the alpha male of the group?
    I vote for it to end in black eyes and bloody noses. 😏
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 17:281 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    If I were a Jehovah's Witness, robbie, like you are, I would be agreeing with you and saying that I was not really a Christian back when I was a Christian. However, I don't subscribe to the same views as you do on what you choose to call "nominal Christians".

Indeed, as I said earlier, your definition of Christian means even less to me now than it wou n about what it means to be one, then you should do so; there are plenty of them here.
    I simply do not have the will to argue with you, suffice to say, that the defining criteria
    for a Christian is contained in the Bible, making any references to Jehovahs witnesses,
    pure straw. Unless you walk in Christ's footsteps figuratively speaking, knowledge of
    Christ is simply nothing more than a purely intellectual exercise and in many instances
    a hollow and futile ritual. This has nothing whatsoever to do with Jehovahs witnesses
    as you have erroneously assumed , has it, on the contrary it has every thing to do with
    experience or as Solzhenitsyn puts it, 'how can you expect a man who's warm to
    understand one who's cold?'
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 17:30
    Originally posted by SwissGambit

ok, its a critic, cool, not being a big rap fan except for the occasional tupac shakur
    number, i dunno, in fact i watched a documentary on the last 24hrs of his life the other
    day, was interesting.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 17:31
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    In case you have forgotten, it was you who had to admit on this forum you are in fact 'closed minded' and 'ignorant' not me.
    In case you have forgotten i was redefined as a free thinking liberal according to
    sumydid criteria, not some bizarro materialistic manifesto of world dominion.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 17:36
    I simply do not have the will to argue with you, suffice to say, that the defining criteria
    for a Christian is contained in the Bible, making any references to Jehovahs witnesses,
    pure straw. Unless you walk in Christ's footsteps figuratively speaking, knowledge of
    Christ is simply nothing more than a purely intellectual exercise and in many i ...[text shortened]... Solzhenitsyn puts it, 'how can you expect a man who's warm to
    understand one who's cold?'
    OK, I get it. You don't think I was a Christian, robbie. Thanks for that. I shall file it away along with a whole pile of other stuff, like your notion that blood transfusions are immoral, your notion that going door to door peddling magazines is somehow the equivalent of Old Testament "blood sacrifice", and your notion that me opposing discrimination against homosexuals makes me an "extremist". Thanks for all of your ideas and notions, robbie.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 18:111 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    OK, I get it. You don't think I was a Christian, robbie. Thanks for that. I shall file it away along with a whole pile of other stuff, like your notion that blood transfusions are immoral, your notion that going door to door peddling magazines is somehow the equivalent of Old Testament "blood sacrifice", and your notion that me opposing discrimination against homosexuals makes me an "extremist". Thanks for all of your ideas and notions, robbie.
    Please dont take this personally but clearly you have not the slightest idea of what
    going to homes after the apostolic manner entails nor could you unless you have engaged in
    it. You see FMF, one needs spiritual comprehension to understand that a sacrifice has
    different nuances of meaning, not always literal, one needs a certain degree of
    knowledge to understand why what is moral to a Christian on the basis of his
    conscience and understanding of Gods word may appear strange an unorthodox, one
    needs to experience going from home to home trying to find persons who are
    interested in Biblical things to know what the house to house ministry is about. I
    myself dont mind what you say personally, but you cannot know everything and at very
    least try to understand why people profess what they do, without belittling them.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 18:171 edit
    Please dont take this personally but clearly you have not the slightest idea of what
    going to homes after the apostolic manner entails nor could you unless you have engaged in
    it. You see FMF, one needs spiritual comprehension to understand that a sacrifice has
    different nuances of meaning, not always literal, one needs a certain degree of
    kn ...[text shortened]... and at very
    least try to understand why people profess what they do, without belittling them.
    Good for you if traipsing around from doorstep to doorstep makes you feel good. I am not impressed, however. If that makes you feel belittled, so be it.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 18:191 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Good for you if traipsing around from doorstep to doorstep makes you feel good. I am not impressed, however. If that makes you feel belittled, so be it.
    “It's an universal law intolerance is the first sign of an inadequate education. An
    ill-educated person behaves with arrogant impatience, whereas truly profound
    education breeds humility.” - Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 18:24
    “It's an universal law intolerance is the first sign of an inadequate education. An
    ill-educated person behaves with arrogant impatience, whereas truly profound
    education breeds humility.” - Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
    You're using Solzhenitsyn to question intolerance and humility? Whose intolerance and humility? Yours or mine?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 18:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're using Solzhenitsyn to question intolerance and humility? Whose intolerance and humility? Yours or mine?
    no not intolerance, ignorance, yours.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree