1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 08:46
    Spiritual Yard Sale

Long while now been getting rid of those things which are behind (Phil. 3:13-14). Wondering if you've still got junk in your

baggage and dormitory trunks or if you, too, are letting it go and travelling light. No public disclosure of details, please.

Comments.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 09:172 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Spiritual Yard Sale

Long while now been getting rid of those things which are behind (Phil. 3:13-14). Wondering if you've still got junk in your

baggage and dormitory trunks or if you, too, are letting it go and travelling light. No public disclosure of details, please.

Comments.[/b]
    The idea of course for a Christian is a complete metamorphosis of character, the
    problem is though, its either incomplete of we fail to remain vigilante and other
    influences creep in, this coupled with our own imperfection and tendency towards
    aberration can discourage us, humility is the key.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 10:13
    [b]Spiritual Yard Sale

Comments.[/b]
    I managed to get rid of my Christianity about ten years ago. But it wasn't a case of a Spiritual Yard Sale as I did not try to pass it on or sell it to anyone else. I just offloaded it as it was taking up space and I had no use for it.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 10:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    I managed to get rid of my Christianity about ten years ago. But it wasn't a case of a Spiritual Yard Sale as I did not try to pass it on or sell it to anyone else. I just offloaded it as it was taking up space and I had no use for it.
    You should try real Christianity, Jesus is a lot better than anything else going!
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 10:20
    [b]Spiritual Yard Sale

Comments.[/b]
    never really had much spiritual baggage, the bits of christianity i had were thrown out at the same time as father christmas and the tooth fairy.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 10:24
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You should try real Christianity, Jesus is a lot better than anything else going!
    No, as I say I offloaded it years ago. I do not think "Jesus is a lot better than anything else going". I feel much better off, spiritually speaking, now than I did back when I believed "Jesus is a lot better than anything else going".
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 10:30
    Kelly
    in what way do you feel jesus is better than everything else?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 10:471 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    in what way do you feel jesus is better than everything else?
    The fact that He is real, and is a part of my life is the biggest. Who He is, and what
    He has done for me/us ,and what He is doing puts Him beyond anything else going.
    I have no doubt that more than a few who claimed they were once Christians are
    going to be standing in front of Him and hear the words, "Depart from me I never
    knew you." since they deny Him now. Which is the greatest shame, since He is one
    of the very best parts of life itself, I don't know what they walked away from but it was
    not Jesus Christ.
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 10:58
    The fact that He is real, and is a part of my life is the biggest. Who He is, and what
    He has done for me/us ,and what He is doing puts Him beyond anything else going.
    going to be standing in front of Him and hear the words, "Depart from me I never
    knew you." since they deny ...[text shortened]... t parts of life itself, I don't know what they walked away from but it was
    not Jesus Christ.
    I don't believe any of this anymore. Hence my first post on this thread.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 11:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't believe any of this anymore. Hence my first post on this thread.
    I get that, like I said you walked away from a religion, you didn't walk away from
    Jesus Christ they are not the samething. You never knew Him.
    Kelly
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 11:041 edit
    knew you." since they deny ...[text shortened]... of life itself, I don't know what they walked away from but it was
    not Jesus Christ.
    Kelly
    i dont feel that because your personal experience of something is good that it is possible to claim that its the best thing ever. its a bit like reading one book in your life and claiming its the best book ever written.

in the above post you say fmf 'never knew him'. do you know him?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 11:08
    I get that, like I said you walked away from a religion, you didn't walk away from Jesus Christ they are not the samething. You never knew Him.
    I thought I "knew" him in more or less the same way as you think you "know" him. But I don't believe it anymore. You still do. I don't think God has revealed himself to you. Not at all. So your pronouncements and declarations have no spiritual or intellectual heft with me whatsoever.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 11:172 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I thought I "knew" him in more or less the same way as you think you "know" him. But I don't believe it anymore. You still do. I don't think God has revealed himself to you. Not at all. So your pronouncements and declarations have no spiritual or intellectual heft with me whatsoever.
    Unless you are actively engaged in teaching and preaching the gospel, after the
    manner of Christ and the apostles you cannot in any shape or form to have even
    remotely have said to have 'walked with Christ', and thus to have known him.
    Christianity is to be experienced, to be lived, to be doers of the word and i fail to
    see how anyone can make the claim that they have known Christ otherwise, which
    includes the majority of professed Christians.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 11:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Unless you are actively engaged in teaching and preaching the gospel, after the
    manner of Christ and the apostles you cannot in any shape or form to have even
    remotely have said to have 'walked with Christ', and thus to have known him.
    Christianity is to be experienced, to be lived, to be doers of the word and i fail to
    see how anyone can ma ...[text shortened]... that they have known Christ otherwise, which
    includes the majority of professed Christians.
    I used to be a Christian, and when I was, I certainly wasn't concerned about whether I complied with the JW definition of what it meant to be Christian. But I don't believe any of it anymore. So what you choose to declare about what I was ten, twenty or thirty years ago is moot. Your pronouncements about my past have no more significance or traction than KellyJay's.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 11:281 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You either knew Him or you didn't, do not say you knew Him like I do, you have
    no idea what I know or have gone through.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree