Spiritual Yard Sale

Spiritual Yard Sale

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
I've told you again and again. I was a Christian. And I am not a Christian now. The fact that I am not one now does not mean that I never was one. Using your logic, we cannot say for sure that you are a Christian now because we don't yet know if you will someday stop being one, because if you do one day stop being one - using your logic - we will be able to decl ...[text shortened]... Do you see how untenable your 'logical device' is once you see it applied to you yourself?
I never said you never claimed to be a Christain, I said you've never had a
relationship with Jesus Christ which I'm sure you admit to as well.
Kelly

F

Moves
27 Sep 12

Originally posted by KellyJay
I never said you never claimed to be a Christain, I said you've never had a
relationship with Jesus Christ which I'm sure you admit to as well.
You don't seem to understand - or want to understand - what I have been saying at all. This seems to be a debating tactic of yours.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
You don't seem to understand - or want to understand - what I have been saying at all. This seems to be a debating tactic of yours.
When I think of you this comes to mind.

Matthew 13
18 “Hear then the parable of the sower. 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road. 20 The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away. 22 And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. 23 And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty.”

You don't want to hear what I've been telling you, so you write me off as not
getting your point. I get your point, I just think you've missed out on the real
thing.
Kelly

F

Moves
27 Sep 12

You don't want to hear what I've been telling you, so you write me off as not
getting your point. I get your point, I just think you've missed out on the real
thing.
If you choose to insist that I was never a Christian then that's OK, you are entitled to project and pontificate as you see fit. I think you are displaying a rather clumsy concoction of hubris and vanity [which is not uncommon among Christians, and I'm well shot of being theologically linked to it anymore]. According to your own logic, we don't know for sure - not yet anyway - if you yourself are a Christian.

F

Moves
27 Sep 12

When I think of you this comes to mind.

Matthew 13...
I don't subscribe to the literature that you do, KellyJay. I don't think God has revealed himself to you. I realize you think he has.

Moves
27 Sep 12

I'm agreeing that you rejected what you claimed was real before and now call
that either unreal or not important. Which for me says that you are being
truthful now, which means you never had a real relationship with God through
Jesus Christ, you just played the part and later rejected that role.
Kelly
on a larger scale you are also saying that it is impossible for a person to loose faith because if they had 'real' faith then they would not turn away from it.

rc

Moves
27 Sep 12

Once a Christian, always a Christian

this statement is utterly erroneous and not scripturally supported. He who is standing
beware that he does not fall, I believe the apostles words are.

F

Moves
27 Sep 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie

this statement is utterly erroneous and not scripturally supported. He who is standing
Perhaps you should address this directly to KellyJay as it is essentially what he is saying on this thread.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Sep 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie

Out of interest, what does the NT have to say about people losing faith?

F

Moves
27 Sep 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
KellyJay has cited Jesus as saying "Depart from me I never knew you," which presumably means that the bible's authors didn't want people leaving their religion and therefore wrote that Jesus had said he would say he "never knew" them.

rc

Moves
27 Sep 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
it happens, in fact, it happened a lot in the first century for all sorts of reasons, i would
love to elaborate but i need to go to work, perhaps when i come back, suffice to say
that apathy, materialism, persecution, false teaching, immoral practices, negative peer
pressure etc etc all had to be combated and the fight was not always successful.

rc

Moves
27 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
Perhaps you should address this directly to KellyJay as it is essentially what he is saying on this thread.
let Kelly Jay try to substantiate his case scripturally, it cannot be held up to the light of reason and survive.

Moves
27 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
KellyJay has cited Jesus as saying "Depart from me I never knew you," which presumably means that the bible's authors didn't want people leaving their religion and therefore wrote that Jesus had said he would say he "never knew" them.
or maybe it came from jesus's way of getting rid of one night stands.

jesus 'get out of my flat, i dont know you'
girl 'ohh you were 'knowing' me pretty hard last night'
jesus 'well the j man doesnt want to know you again, call yourself a taxi'

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
If you choose to insist that I was never a Christian then that's OK, you are entitled to project and pontificate as you see fit. I think you are displaying a rather clumsy concoction of hubris and vanity [which is not uncommon among Christians, and I'm well shot of being theologically linked to it anymore]. According to your own logic, we don't know for sure - not yet anyway - if you yourself are a Christian.
I don't question the word "Christian" I question your relationship with Jesus
Christ was ever real. You should see that has been my point in all of this all of
the time. Anyone can call themselves Christain, but did you have a relationship
with Jesus Christ, did you know Him? No, is what I gather from all you have
ever said, to which I have maintained is the best part of being a Christain, the
only part of the experiance that matters too.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
I don't subscribe to the literature that you do, KellyJay. I don't think God has revealed himself to you. I realize you think he has.
Which is why your so called life as a Christain was never real in my opinion so
when you walked away from it, it was never walking away from Jesus Christ
since you never knew Him.
Kelly