1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 22:06
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Good works and righteousness comes naturally to the sheep of Christ. It is alien to the goats who will be cast out.
    I fully agree with this, if, by 'naturally', you mean through Christ and the Holy Spirit.

Our difference is that I'm not passing judgement on who does or who does not follow Christ. I only know that if one does not believe in him, then one cannot follow him. First Belief, and then Following. One cannot follow what one does not believe in.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 22:09
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Why try to belittle people? Honestly woman, u r head troll here, or am I wrong?
    You are often wrong, in the same way that children are often wrong.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 22:11
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    ToO is one of the only posers here who understands the battle lines.
    While the rest of us do not believe it is necessary to draw 'battle lines'. Again, you're like a child playing with little army men in the dirt. Pardon me if I don't believe you have the secrets of the universe.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 23:04
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    You are often wrong, in the same way that children are often wrong.
    Have I Ever been wrong this year? Anyways I was mostly right the 8 years or so before that

Only God judges me
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 23:091 edit
    While the rest of us do not believe it is necessary to draw 'battle lines'. Again, you're like a child playing with little army men in the dirt. Pardon me if I don't believe you have the secrets of the universe.
    I wont Pardon you. You show zero respect for me and is becomingly clear which side of the fence you are on

Love me and I'll love you 10 times back/ hate me and I will hate you ten times back .No grey areas
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 12:03
    I fully agree with this, if, by 'naturally', you mean through Christ and the Holy Spirit.

Our difference is that I'm not passing judgement on who does or who does not follow Christ. I only know that if one does not believe in him, then one cannot follow him. First Belief, and then Following. One cannot follow what one does not believe in.
    You are such a damn fool. I DO NOT KNOW WHO FOLLOWS CHRIST AND WHO DOES NOT.

Therefore my comments are directed at Christians who PREACH that you have to accept Christ with your mouth and you have eternal life.

People follow Christ because the light of Christ is in them.

You are the product of a hateful Christian doctrine that promotes mouth worship and lip service to God.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 12:16

Therefore my comments are directed at Christians who PREACH that you have to accept Christ with your mouth and you have eternal life.

You are the product of a hateful Christian doctrine that promotes mouth worship and lip service to God.
    That's funny, you sure act like you're judging Christians.

You know nothing about me or what I preach or what I do. You're right that you do not know who follows Christ and who does not.

Yet you still pass judgement on me. Sure sounds like you're judging Christians here.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 12:31
    That's funny, you sure act like you're judging Christians.

You know nothing about me or what I preach or what I do. You're right that you do not know who follows Christ and who does not.

Yet you still pass judgement on me. Sure sounds like you're judging Christians here.
    Its your conscience that is judging you. Go deal with that.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 15:59

<Therefore my comments are directed at Christians who PREACH that you have to accept Christ with your mouth and you have eternal life.>

Nobody on here has been preaching this. To be righteous (in right standing with God) and gain salvation, you have to accept Jesus Christ into your heart. The fact you don’t understand that, or understand that the Lord looks on one’s heart and not outward appearance, is pretty surprising.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 16:05

<You are the product of a hateful Christian doctrine that promotes mouth worship and lip service to God.>

The only one who’s spewing hate in this forum is you. Your heart’s full of anger and hate, and don’t think the Lord doesn’t know it.

You call people names and claim they’re going to hell, while, at the same time, claiming you’re righteous and going to heaven.

Your judgmentalism, condemnation of other people and endless chest puffing resemble a Pharisee, not a Christ follower.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 16:05
    Its your conscience that is judging you. Go deal with that.
    Hate much?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 19:402 edits
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Clearly the standard for repentance set by God is that the individual no longer commits sin. Those who repent and no longer commit sin will "live". Those who do not repent and continue to sin will "die".

Repentance in the NT is mainly a change in the mind concerning the past.

Though repent is mentioned in the synoptic Gospels it is never mentioned in John.

We do see Jesus telling those who asked about the work of God they should do. That work was to change their mind about unbelief in the Son of God to believing in the Son of God.

"Then they said to Him, What shall we do that we may work the works of God?

Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe into Him whom He has sent." (John 6:28,29)

What should they do? Should they put forth straining self effort to do good, to turn over a new leaf, to self improve? No.

The work of God was for them to believe in the Son of God.
    So says Jesus in His ministry, while He walked the earth in John 6.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 19:502 edits
    From The Gospel of God Volume 1 From The Collected Works of Watchman Nee. [Living Stream Ministry]

Chapter title is "Faith Versus Repentance"
    My bolding:

No doubt, the Old Testament speaks of the teaching of repentance also. Jonah preached to the men of Nineveh that unless they repented, God would destroy them (Jonah 1:1-2). They repented, put on sackcloth, sat in ashes, and fasted. This was for their past deeds. The putting on of the sackcloth and the sitting in ashes were not for future behavior. If they were for future acts, what did sackcloth and ashes have to do with it? Repentance is to feel sorry for and to condemn one's past behavior. One puts on sackcloth and sits in ashes because he realizes that he is wrong before God. Formerly, he thought he was living. Now, he knows that he was dead. Hence, he mourns for his past wrongdoings. This is repentance. This was what Jonah preached. Before the gospel of the Lord Jesus came, we did not see salvation by faith. What we had then was only repentance for past deeds.

Later, John the Baptist came. He did not preach faith. He only preached repentance, that is, a repentance for past actions and past wrongdoings. In Matthew 3:8, he said one very good thing: "Produce then fruit worthy of your repentance." He also said that "he who has two tunics, let him share with the one who has none; and he who has food, let him do likewise" (Luke 3:11). We have to realize that this is not repentance. Rather, this is the fruit of repentance. Repentance is for the past, and the fruit of repentance is for the future. At John's time, the complete gospel was not yet preached, and the light of the truth was not fully revealed. In order to lead men to God, he had to bring them to a different view of the past.

Source material for further reading -
    https://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?n
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 19:59
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Clearly the standard for repentance set by God is that the individual no longer commits sin. Those who repent and no longer commit sin will "live". Those who do not repent and continue to sin will "die".

Repentance in the NT is mainly a change in the mind concerning the past.

Though [b]repent
    is mentioned in the synoptic Gospel ...[text shortened]... in the Son of God.
    So says Jesus in His ministry, while He walked the earth in John 6.[/b]
    You have two sons. As a caring father you ask both of them to believe in you, and your message of love. The first son gives you lip service and says 'yes, he believes in you,' but the second son takes your message to heart, and although not vocalizing it like the first, reflects your love in the way he treats his neighbors. Which son has your favour?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 20:13
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    You have two sons. As a caring father you ask both of them to believe in you, and your message of love. The first son gives you lip service and says 'yes, he believes in you,' but the second son takes your message to heart, and although not vocalizing it like the first, reflects your love in the way he treats his neighbors. Which son has your favour?
    You and rajk don’t understand the difference between lip service and believing in one’s heart. You apparently think they’re the same and you couldn’t be more wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree