Standard For Repentance

Standard For Repentance

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Again I refer you to my answer to Suzianne. For the sake of the analogy, I agreed the father could see into the sons hearts and could see that the second son had taken his message of love into his heart.

You'd still reject the second son?!
You’re trying to draw an analogy between an earthly father and God Almighty and asking if an atheist had a good heart, would God accept him, and I think the Bible’s answer is, “No.”

But I think the Bible’s answer on whether God would accept the one who only paid lip service to Jesus and did not accept Jesus into his heart would also be, “No.”

The reason your analogy is flawed is you’re trying to compare “favor” from an earthly father with eternal adoption as a child of God from God. You’re also trying to equate God’s system of justice and standards with man’s system of justice and standards.

The whole analogy is s mess.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Believing in ones heart = Good works and obedience to the commandments of Christ.
I never said any different.

Where we differ is on whether good works are needed for salvation and whether God’s standard *after* someone accepts Christ into his or her heart is a sinless life. You apparently think the answer is “Yes” on both and I disagree.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
That's funny, you sure act like you're judging Christians.

You know nothing about me or what I preach or what I do. You're right that you do not know who follows Christ and who does not.

Yet you still pass judgement on me. Sure sounds like you're judging Christians here.
But u can judge me , hypocrite

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Hate much?
I'm Teflon , you're glue: slides off me and sticks to u. Life is simple andfunny

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Feb 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
I'm Teflon , you're glue: slides off me and sticks to u. Life is simple andfunny
You still didn’t come up with a cute little saying for my profile and you’re changing yours every five seconds. What gives?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
So your favour goes to the second son, thanks.
Like all fables, your 'parable' is designed so that only one conclusion can be drawn. It is constructed to support your already supposed 'moral point'.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Feb 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @rajk999
Believing in ones heart = Good works and obedience to the commandments of Christ.
This is a man's twisting of scripture to tell himself that he can be counted as believing while not believing.

Doing is not believing. Believing is believing. Believing comes first, then the doing. The doing means nothing without belief.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Feb 18

This is a man's twisting of scripture to tell himself that he can be counted as believing while not believing.

Doing is not believing. Believing is believing.
I think I have a crush on your avatar

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Feb 18
1 edit

But u can judge me , hypocrite
You're not a Christian, are "u"?

You come in here, talking about God and Christ like you know them, but you don't know anything.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Feb 18

All five-year-olds think so, too.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
I think I have a crush on your avatar
I keep telling Cupid to 'stand down', but that boy never listens.

He has never done me any favors.

😕

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Feb 18

You're not a Christian, are "u"?

You come in here, talking about God and Christ like you know them, but you don't know anything.
I know Christ , so do animals and young children

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Feb 18

Suzianne: we have all suffered . Let go of it.You're female, you have endured this far, the finish line is in site

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Feb 18

😕
Btw I'm always lookng at you, your soul not your avatar

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Feb 18

😕
Is your avatar single?