1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 17:181 edit
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    I see an awful lot of constant hypocrisy here on these forums by certain (not all, just an extreme minority) theists:

They constantly lecture to as atheists about love and hate as if we atheists promote hate and are full of hate and are against love and have no love just by being atheist! This is, of course, nonsense. Atheism is not about hate or being evil and hateful for denying the spaghetti monster?

So please, Stop lecturing us!
    lol. Nice try. From what I can tell, the thrust of your post is the hypocrisy of SOME theists lecturing atheists about love and hate when, by and large, they are no better. It's unfortunate that most if not all of the responses have not directly addressed this. Instead they have chosen to address other things in a seeming attempt to deflect from the issue. Unfortunately that seems to be the norm in this forum.
  2. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 17:281 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    lol. Nice try. From what I can tell, the thrust of your post is the hypocrisy of SOME theists lecturing atheists about love and hate when, by and large, they are no better. It's unfortunate that most if not all of the responses have not directly addressed this. Instead they have chosen to address other things in a seeming attempt to deflect from the issue. Unfortunately that seems to be the norm in this forum.
    “...From what I can tell, the thrust of your post is the hypocrisy of SOME theists lecturing atheists about love and hate when, by and large, they are no better. ...”

then you have not really read my post.
    My point was that merely being atheist does not make you evil or hateful or mean you are somehow hateful or evil as some theists constantly lecture and they are showing hypocrisy because they themselves show hatred towards atheists.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 17:36
    “...From what I can tell, the thrust of your post is the hypocrisy of SOME theists lecturing atheists about love and hate when, by and large, they are no better. ...”

My point iwas that merely being atheist does not make you evil or hateful or mean you are somehow hateful or evil as some theists constantly lecture and they are showing hypocrisy because they themselves show hatred towards atheists.
    I read it. I didn't see that as the main point, but as a side point. You have to admit your post was a bit of a ramble. Either way, doesn't seem that point was directly addressed either.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 17:372 edits

My point iwas that merely being atheist does not make you evil or hateful or mean you are somehow hateful or evil as some theists constantly lecture and they are showing hypocrisy because they themselves show hatred towards atheists.
    Why would a simple call to refrain from lecturing you change this do you think? Surely the problem is deeper? Stating that thinkofone has not accurately read your post was pure gold, even though it was in all probability, not deliberate.
  5. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 17:42
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I read it. I didn't see that as the main point, but as a side point. You have to admit your post was a bit of a ramble. Either way, doesn't seem that point was directly addressed either.
    Did you read:

“...They constantly lecture to as atheists about love and hate as if we atheists promote hate and are full of hate and are against love and have no love just by being atheist! This is, of course, nonsense. ...” (comment in my first post)

?

how does that NOT imply that merely being atheist does not make you evil/hateful?
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 17:481 edit
    Did you read:

“...They constantly lecture to as atheists about love and hate as if we atheists promote hate and are full of hate and are against love and have no love just by being atheist! This is, of course, nonsense. ...” (comment in my first post)

?

how does that NOT imply that merely being atheist does not make you evil/hateful?
    Well, like I said, "I didn't see that as the main point, but as a side point."

If you intended that as the main point, then fine. It just seemed to me that you were going for something broader than that. It doesn't mean that I'm in any way disputing that you said it at all.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 18:21
    Originally posted by jaywill
    We want you to be saved. We want you to not be condemned by the righteous God. We want you to be saved.

Could we push a button to force you to believe and be forgiven of your sins, we would surely do so. But we cannot.

So we plead, reason, argue, preach, pray, debate some more, pray, entreat, try to show you the sense of it all.

We know that we ...[text shortened]... you will run into us and hear us because we know Christ loves you and we want you to be saved.
    God is an undeniable reality, but when Christianity is presented to an atheist, it only strengthens their resolve to be atheist.....why?

Christianity has been fabricated, and with that fabrication there is much error and falsity presented.

This doesn't help the cause for theism, but actually where someone is agnostic, they now become full blown atheist, for who could accept the obvious errors presented by the Bible.

There are 2 types of atheists,

1. the vocal aggressive atheist who defends their absurd atheistic stand with fabricated science teachings.

2. the quiet atheist, who is actually agnostic and could not be bothered to discuss his atheism for lack of commitment.

Number one will practically never change his position, for his foundation of atheism is being untruthful and obstinate.

Number two can be influenced by reasonable discussion from true knowledge of God.....but when they hear the falsity presented from the Bible/Koran they strengthen their resolve to be atheist.

Then you you get the third person, who upon hearing of the Bible and its teachings, likes the idea of going to heaven for accepting Jesus and just blindly accepts everything no matter how faulty.

Then you get the fourth person who is truthful and sincere, and they believe in God but only need to be informed of the truth of God.....and when that person comes into contact with Vedanta, they embrace it with enthusiasm.

It is very difficult in this age of Kali to find genuine persons who are looking for spiritual forefillment......who are sincere and truthful.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 18:271 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    God is an undeniable reality, but when Christianity is presented to an atheist, it only strengthens their resolve to be atheist.....why?

Christianity has been fabricated, and with that fabrication there is much error and falsity presented.

This doesn't help the cause for theism, but actually where someone is agnostic, they now become full blown atheist, f ...[text shortened]... d genuine persons who are looking for spiritual forefillment......who are sincere and truthful.
    You state that Christianity has been fabricated and you have not once produced one piece of evidence though you have been challenged numerous times, this either means that

1. You have heard it upon hearsay and have no idea what you area talking about,

2. You have no evidence and have fabricated it

3. A combination of both.

either produce the evidence that the teachings of Christ have been fabricated or stop postulating what amounts to bigotry and dogma.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 18:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You state that Christianity has been fabricated and you have not once produced one piece of evidence though you have been challenged numerous times, this either means that

1. You have heard it upon hearsay and have no idea what you area talking about,

2. You have no evidence and have fabricated it

3. A combination of both.

either produc ...[text shortened]... teachings of Christ have been fabricated or stop postulating what amounts to bigotry and dogma.
    I have given lists many times of the errors in the Bible.
  10. St. Peter's
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 18:34
    “...why don't you take it up directly with those people who actually lecture you rather than drifting into another "Christianity was the choice religion of Hitler and therefore..." ...”

firstly, if you read that post of mine, you shall see that I was at pains to make it clear that I was referring to a minority of theists on these forums and ...[text shortened]... ANY act of evil specifically and explicitly in the name of atheism? Any example will do....
    as said above, Stalin and Pol Pot
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 18:35
    I have given lists many times of the errors in the Bible.
    No you have produced nothing! Christianity is only a very small part of the Bible, so if you please, why dont you state it here and now, what evidence do you have that Christianity, the teachings of Christ have been fabricated.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 18:41
    No you have produced nothing! Christianity is only a very small part of the Bible, so if you please, why dont you state it here and now, what evidence do you have that Christianity, the teachings of Christ have been fabricated.
    I can give you a list of the errors....but for you to know they are errors, you would have to become truthful and you would have to study the Vedic presentation and live the spiritual life to purify your contaminated mind and heart.

Are you willing to purify yourself?.....so you can distinguish what is truth and what is false.

Or do you just want me to post up the errors for the 4 th time anyway.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 18:46
    I can give you a list of the errors....but for you to know they are errors, you would have to become truthful and you would have to study the Vedic presentation and live the spiritual life to purify your contaminated mind and heart.

Are you willing to purify yourself?.....so you can distinguish what is truth and what is false.

Or do you just want me to post up the errors for the 4 th time anyway.
    you have stated that the teachings of Christ have been fabricated, as yet you have proffered nothing except vain assertions of purification, some insinuations about being truthful, blah blah,

why dont you just substantiate your own words for a change, is it really so difficult?
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 18:50
    you have stated that the teachings of Christ have been fabricated, as yet you have proffered nothing except vain assertions of purification, some insinuations about being truthful, blah blah,

why dont you just substantiate your own words for a change, is it really so difficult?
    I can post up the list again for the fourth time, but if you are not qualified to distinguish truth and error, will I be wasting my time.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 18:571 edit
    I can post up the list again for the fourth time, but if you are not qualified to distinguish truth and error, will I be wasting my time.
    No its me who is obviously wasting my time, you are a fraud, you cannot substantiate your assertion, you have proffered nothing and you do not know anything about either Christianity or spirituality. You are the worst kind of counsellor for while you are purporting to offer assistance, you yourself are empty and deviod of anything substantial and cannot tell the difference between postulation and dogma and truth and substantiation. Either you substantiate your claim or you are a fraud.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree