1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 19:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No its me who is obviously wasting my time, you are a fraud, you cannot substantiate your assertion, you have proffered nothing and you do not know anything about either Christianity or spirituality. You are the worst kind of counsellor for while you are purporting to offer assistance, you yourself are empty and deviod of anything substantial and can ...[text shortened]... and dogma and truth and substantiation. Either you substantiate your claim or you are a fraud.
    I could easily post up 20 errors, but lets stay with one for the moment, for what would be the point of discussing them all if you are not able to be truthful about one.

Your Bible says "thou shalt not kill' but the Bible defends animal slaughter.....and even without the Bible saying 'thou shalt not kill" an honest man is aware that killing is not conducive to spirituality and it is wrong.

So this is one error that the the Bible defends because it is fabricated by meat eaters.....and are you truthful enough to realize this, or are you also gong to defend cruelty to animals yourself to defend your Bible.?
  2. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 20:01
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

Historically though scientists and athiests have been silenced through the force of the church, so a case could be made that the theists were more "evil" in the past perhaps ?[/b]
    Silence by the lambs, not of the lambs? True.

😉
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 21:10
    Originally posted by Dasa
    God is an undeniable reality, but when Christianity is presented to an atheist, it only strengthens their resolve to be atheist.....why?

Christianity has been fabricated, and with that fabrication there is much error and falsity presented.

This doesn't help the cause for theism, but actually where someone is agnostic, they now become full blown atheist, f ...[text shortened]... d genuine persons who are looking for spiritual forefillment......who are sincere and truthful.
    Quote:

"There are 2 types of atheists,

1. the vocal aggressive atheist who defends their absurd atheistic stand with fabricated science teachings.

2. the quiet atheist, who is actually agnostic and could not be bothered to discuss his atheism for lack of commitment. "

unquote

That's very close. There are two kind of atheists; Those who believe there is no deity, and those who lack belief that there is a deity. It seems subtle, but these two kinds tend to act differently.

Atheists who have a god-concept can be divided along another axis, rather like landlords of vacant apartments: Those whose vacancy is fitted to a god who is capable of permitting some of his creatures to suffer without limit, and those whose vacancy is fitted to a god of universal, if eventual, salvation/enlightenment. Atheists have a choice here, that some theists do not seem to be allowed.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 22:024 edits
    Originally posted by JS357
    Here we have examples of the law of unintended consequences; in this case, perverse effects, contrary to those originally intended. A complaint about lecturing brings lecturing. Proselytizing strengthens resistance to itself.

Of course, trolls come along too.😉
    ===================================
    Here we have examples of the law of unintended consequences; in this case, perverse effects, contrary to those originally intended. A complaint about lecturing brings lecturing. Proselytizing strengthens resistance to itself.

Of course, trolls come along too.
    ==================================

I think the term "proselytizing" is a perjurative assigned by an outsider to the faith.

The skeptical observes and muses tohimself "Hmm, This fellow wants a proselyte. He wants a dependent disciple to his cause."

Well, maybe I want a disciple to Jesus. Guilty as charged. But I would not say that those warning other travelers on the Titanic, upon knowing that it was sinking, were "proselytizing" others by warning them.

Say a person down the hall way, knocking on doors warning them "This ship is sinking. It is a serious situation. You need to be saved from drowing in this sinking ocean liner." Then some annoyed person says "Please stop your proselytizing! I don't want to be your proselyte."

Many of us who are obeying the command of Jesus to announce the Gospel feel like we are issueing a life saving service. We don't feel we are hunting for proselytes any more then those on the Titanic warning others of the situation were proselytizing.

We feel that every human being has the right to hear the message of salvation through Christ. Of course every person has the right to say that they do not want to hear it too.

There is nothing I WANT from you. I don't want your money. I don't want your things. I want you to be saved. I want you to be in Christ and not be a unjustified sinner before God. I want you to share in the joy of knowing God as the Father and have eternal life.

We believe that we are on the Titanic. This sinful world is the Titanic sinking.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 23:171 edit
    I could easily post up 20 errors, but lets stay with one for the moment, for what would be the point of discussing them all if you are not able to be truthful about one.

Your Bible says "thou shalt not kill' but the Bible defends animal slaughter.....and even without the Bible saying 'thou shalt not kill" an honest man is aware that killing is not conducive ...[text shortened]... lize this, or are you also gong to defend cruelty to animals yourself to defend your Bible.?
    Your a fraud, your are unable to discuss anything in a truthful manner, 'you shall not kill', is part of the Mosaic law, given to Jews, not binding on Christians.

You were asked to provide evidence that Christianity has been fabricated and you produce as your evidence an ordinance that was given to the Jews, are you really so bereft of Biblical knowledge that you cannot tell the difference???, as yet you have produced nothing, you are undoubtedly the biggest fraud to frequent these forums as this ludicrous attempt of yours bears testimony.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 23:21
    I can post up the list again for the fourth time, but if you are not qualified to distinguish truth and error, will I be wasting my time.
    No, you would be wasting your time because we do not want to hear your lies AGAIN.

The man asked for the evidence. Not a rehash of the same old lies from you.

Basically, prove it or shut up about it.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 23:24

Your Bible says "thou shalt not kill' but the Bible defends animal slaughter.....and even without the Bible saying 'thou shalt not kill" an honest man is aware that killing is not conducive ...[text shortened]... lize this, or are you also gong to defend cruelty to animals yourself to defend your Bible.?
    The word is murder, not kill. For the millionth time, please get it straight. How many times do we have to tell you?

Again, put up the proof that the Bible was fabricated or please, PLEASE shut up. I, for one, can't take your lies anymore.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 23:34
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]===================================

Of course, trolls come along too.
    ==================================

I t ...[text shortened]...
    We believe that we are on the Titanic. This sinful world is the Titanic sinking.[/b]
    Evidently the word "proselytizing" has negative connotations. But I suppose you agree that when something you are doing is viewed as proselytizing, it strengthens counterproductive resistance to itself. That seems to be the gist of your example.

Do you think that as part of being called to announce the gospel, the people called are being called to do it in a way that is not viewed as proselytizing? In other words, is part of their being called, a calling to avoid the response strengthening resistance to the good news? Or is it not their problem, if their methods strengthen resistance?

Just asking. I don't now your methods.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 03:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, you would be wasting your time because we do not want to hear your lies AGAIN.

The man asked for the evidence. Not a rehash of the same old lies from you.

Basically, prove it or shut up about it.
    So now you are going to turn the killing of animals into semantics of words, to try and avoid the issue.

This is the ridiculous level that Christianity has sunk to.....that they argue and defend animal cruelty.

Even a 7 yr old girl is aware that killing animals is wrong....but you, with all your intellectual sophistication, are defending the killing of innocent animals so you can eat flesh.

I knew it was of no use to post up the twenty errors, because your are not truthful enough to admit to the first one.

Christianity is responsible for 80% of the atheism in the world, because when people approach Christianity to get some guidance and knowledge.....all they get is falsity and they reject it immediately.

And when you get the children when their little at Sunday school, and teach them the falsity from the Bible.........it is child abuse and criminal.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 03:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The word is murder, not kill. For the millionth time, please get it straight. How many times do we have to tell you?

Again, put up the proof that the Bible was fabricated or please, PLEASE shut up. I, for one, can't take your lies anymore.
    I can give you 50 examples of falsity.........but I am not going to give the other 49 examples until we have cleared up the first example (animal slaughter)

The Bible has been saying "thou shalt not kill" for 1600 years and just recently they changed the Bible to ' thou shalt not murder".....so they can cleverly get around the problem of animal slaughter.

This is another example of fabrication right there....changing the Bible to suit the whim of the people.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 03:22
    I can give you 50 examples of falsity.........but I am not going to give the other 49 examples until we have cleared up the first example (animal slaughter)

The Bible has been saying "thou shalt not kill" for 1600 years and just recently they changed the Bible to ' thou shalt not murder".....so they can cleverly get around the problem of animal slaughter.
    ...[text shortened]... her example of fabrication right there....changing the Bible to suit the whim of the people.
    Animals are - and also produce - food for humans. I understand that your belief system prohibits slaughtering animals for food. I believe you are sincere. I also believe that you now understand that other people have different belief systems from yours. But I don't understand why you think you can lecture a Christian on his or her theology and on what is and isn't prohibited according to their spiritual beliefs.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 03:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    Animals are - and also produce - food for humans. I understand that your belief system prohibits slaughtering animals for food. I believe you are sincere. I also believe that you now understand that other people have different belief systems from yours. But I don't understand why you think you can lecture a Christian on his or her theology and on what is and isn't prohibited according to their spiritual beliefs.
    Animal suffering has nothing to do with beliefs...I have told you this before.

Is it just a belief that we all age?

Causing animal suffering is a universal wrong for everyone, including you.

If you have invented your own self styled spirituality that defends animal cruelty to avoid the consequences, then that doesn't change the wrongness of it..

You have no way of getting around this, except to be untruthful about it.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 03:42
    Causing animal suffering is a universal wrong for everyone, including you.
    Vegetarianism is a lifestyle choice and, in some cases, dictated by a person's personal "spiritual beliefs. Eating meat is "wrong" for those people who believe eating meat is "wrong". I eat meat - for me there is no spiritual prohibition - and therefore animals are slaughtered in order to provide this meat. You are mistaken when you assert that eating meat is "a universal wrong". It clearly is not an accurate statement. You believe it is "wrong". Others do not believe that it is "wrong". So to declare it is being universally seen as "wrong" is clearly not so.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 04:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Vegetarianism is a lifestyle choice and, in some cases, dictated by a person's personal "spiritual beliefs. Eating meat is "wrong" for those people who believe eating meat is "wrong". I eat meat - for me there is no spiritual prohibition - and therefore animals are slaughtered in order to provide this meat. You are mistaken when you assert that eating meat is "a ...[text shortened]... "wrong". So to declare it is being universally seen as "wrong" is clearly not so.
    Who are these others.....do they live the spiritual life of purification and do they have any knowledge.

Or are they the atheists who say the cosmos just popped into existence without cause or meaning.

Or are they the followers of false religion who say animal cruelty is fine with their God.

Vedanta has the last word when it comes to spiritual knowledge, for it is coming from the Personality of Godhead.

But because you have not, and dont intend to find out for yourself.....you just whimsically reject in favour of your speculations.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 04:10
    Who are these others...
    These "others" are people who do not share your belief system and for who your assertions, based on the Vedic "authority" you chose to submit to, have no relevance or credibility. That's who these "others" are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree