Sunday afternoon lynchings

Sunday afternoon lynchings

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Then you should stop asking for "evidence" that people 'don't endorse it', or asking for "evidence" that divegeester is 'not equally hateful' as the murderers, or asking for "evidence" that the teachings of "nominal Christians" are 'not reflected' in these murders. It is not me who is being silly on this thread.
I should stop asking for evidence and become a trader of opinion like you - no thanks, but hey good luck with at.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I should stop asking for evidence and become a trader of opinion like you - no thanks, but hey good luck with at.
How is anyone here supposed to provide you with "evidence" that they are NOT "equally as hateful" as the murdering lynch mob? If you like "evidence" in matters like this, where is your "evidence" that proves that anyone here is "equally as hateful" as the murderers?

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
How is anyone here supposed to provide you with "evidence" that they are NOT "equally as hateful" as the murdering lynch mob? If you like "evidence" in matters like this, where is your "evidence" that proves that anyone here is "equally as hateful" as the murderers?
evidence of a loving or compassionate statement, how else? a piece of encouragement given, empathy shown, how hard can it be? I have already retracted the statement of equally you silly man and yet you can provide not a single iota of your friend encouraging anyone, of consoling anyone, of demonstrating compassion or empathy.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

evidence of a loving or compassionate statement, how else? a piece of encouragement given, empathy shown, how hard can it be?
Where is your "evidence" that suggests that anyone here is "equally as hateful" as the murderers in the OP?

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
Where is your "evidence" that suggests that anyone here is "equally as hateful" as the murderers in the OP?
I have already retracted this statement you silly man.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
You were telling us about the moral reprehensibility of blood transfusions, you will now tell us about the morality of those tens of thousands of persons who died as a direct consequence of taking an intravenous blood transfusion. Were they also morally reprehensible because the transfusion resulted in their deaths?

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

I have already retracted this statement you silly man.
OK, so are you willing to retract ALL the personal remarks you have made on this thread where you sought to link divegeester to the murders in the OP?

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
OK, so are you willing to retract ALL the personal remarks you have made on this thread where you sought to link divegeester to the murders in the OP?
I have retracted that he was equally as hateful, he still appears to me to be hateful, to what extent I cannot say. Will he retract his assertion that I and my friends let children die?

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

You were telling us about the moral reprehensibility of blood transfusions, you will now tell us about the morality of those tens of thousands of persons who died. Were they also morally reprehensible because they took a blood transfusion which directly resulted in the deaths?
Parents deliberately letting their children die in order not to displease their God figure is certainly morally reprehensible in my book. As for the rest of the debate about blood transfusions it was covered not so long ago here Thread 160899.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
Parents deliberately letting their children die in order not to displease their God figure is certainly morally reprehensible in my book. As for the rest of the debate about blood transfusions it was covered not so long ago here Thread 160899.
So people who have taken a blood transfusion and die as a direct consequence are still morally reprehensible? but not to the same degree?

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

Will he retract his assertion that I and my friends let children die?
You have defended the right of JWs to let their children die for want of medical treatment in order to not displease your God figure. If you explain that this somehow does NOT involving innocent children, who could be saved, being allowed to die, then I am sure he will retract it.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

So people who have taken a blood transfusion and die as a direct consequence are still morally reprehensible? but not to the same degree?
If anyone was given a blood transfusion so as to deliberately kill them or if there was criminal negligence and innocents died, then of course it would be morally reprehensible.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You have defended the right of JWs to let their children die for want of medical treatment in order to not displease your God figure. If you explain that this somehow does NOT involving innocent children, who could be saved, being allowed to die, then I am sure he will retract it.
It is legally and therefore impossible for me to let a child die from a lack of blood. How are you now saying that I have defended that right? Neither you nor your friend are making much sense?

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
If anyone was given a blood transfusion so as to deliberately kill them or if there was criminal negligence and innocents died, then of course it would be morally reprehensible.
So blood transfusions are also morally reprehensible?

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

To state that refusing a blood transfusion is morally reprehensible and akin to watching a lynching is ludicrous ...
Refuse a blood transfusion by all means, end your life in any way you want, but allowing a child to die for want of one seems to me to be clearly morally reprehensible. If your personal suicidal decision brings suffering to those who survive you, then I would consider it morally unsound. If you refused to save another's life with a donation of blood then I would not take seriously any subsequent pronouncements you'd make on morality, love for your fellow man, or any mumbo jumbo justification you might attempt for letting that person die.