Sunday afternoon lynchings

Sunday afternoon lynchings

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
So blood transfusions are also morally reprehensible?
You are trying too hard to be funny, robbie. Nothing even remotely like this has been said by anyone on this thread.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
13 Apr 15

On the contrary I was simply looking for an explanation for a phenomena that appears alien to me.
I don't believe you. This -

None of the Christians able to offer an explanation? Suffice to say that this shameful historical episode is reflective of the emptiness of the teachings that one finds in nominal Christianity. Insipid and lukewarm its unable to refresh the adherent and motivate them to acts of mercy and compassion. Its as Christ stated, 'Look your house is abandoned to you'.

Is not you looking 'for an explanation', it's baiting and trolling.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
You are trying too hard to be funny, robbie. Nothing even remotely like this has been said by anyone on this thread.
I am not trying to be anything other than logical and reasonable. You have stated that blood transfusions are morally reprehensible because they result in death, you have also stated that not taking blood transfusions are morally reprehensible because they also result in death. Nothing you have said manes any sense in this regard.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

You have stated that blood transfusions are morally reprehensible because they result in death...
No I haven't. Stop acting the fool.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I don't believe you. This -

None of the Christians able to offer an explanation? Suffice to say that this shameful historical episode is reflective of the emptiness of the teachings that one finds in nominal Christianity. Insipid and lukewarm its unable to refresh the adherent and motivate them to acts of mercy and compassion. Its as Christ sta ...[text shortened]... bandoned to you'.

Is not you looking 'for an explanation', it's baiting and trolling.
This is merely a call for confession. Rather than being an attempt to bait it was a call for a cleansing of mind and spirit. Yes nominal Christianity is empty and devoid, we admit it. Let the healing begin.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
Parents deliberately letting their children die in order not to displease their God figure is certainly morally reprehensible in my book. As for the rest of the debate about blood transfusions it was covered not so long ago here Thread 160899.
More interesting debate on this here on Thread 159598.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
No I haven't. Stop acting the fool.
yes you did they are just not as morally reprehensible as letting children die, did you not say that?

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

yes you did they are just not as morally reprehensible as letting children die, did you not say that?
No I said nothing the sort. Presumably you will offer this kind of nonsense and then suddenly declare you have something to do.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
Refuse a blood transfusion by all means, end your life in any way you want, but allowing a child to die for want of one seems to me to be clearly morally reprehensible. If your personal suicidal decision brings suffering to those who survive you, then I would consider it morally unsound. If you refused to save another's life with a donation of blood then I would ...[text shortened]... your fellow man, or any mumbo jumbo justification you might attempt for letting that person die.
It is clear you have no idea why we refuse blood transfusions and what is more you don't care either. You have no answer for those person who have died as a direct result of being given a blood transfusion in an attempt even to save their life, who knows what might have transpired if they were given alternative treatment. Your moral stance is therefore unjustified and blatantly biased and based on ignorance.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
No I said nothing the sort. Presumably you will offer this kind of nonsense and then suddenly declare you have something to do.
whatever. . . .

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
13 Apr 15

This is merely a call for confession. Rather than being an attempt to bait it was a call for a cleansing of mind and spirit. Yes nominal Christianity is empty and devoid, we admit it. Let the healing begin.
Confession for what exactly, what does anyone who posts on this board have to do with the lynchings in your OP? Answer........nothing.

This is you trolling and baiting. Any attempt by you to claim otherwise is a lie.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

It is clear you have no idea why we refuse blood transfusions and what is more you don't care either.
I do understand. We have discussed it many times. You have explained it very clearly. And I care enough about the topic to have discussed it in great detail with you and others on many occasions.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

You have no answer for those person who have died as a direct result of being given a blood transfusion in an attempt even to save their life, who knows what might have transpired if they were given alternative treatment.
If anyone was given a blood transfusion so as to deliberately kill them or if there was criminal negligence and innocents died, then of course it would be morally reprehensible.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
I do understand. We have discussed it many times. You have explained it very clearly. And I care enough about the topic to have discussed it in great detail with you and others on many occasions.
Oh dear and hear you are talking of mumbo jumbo. Does that sound like a man who knows why another has taken a stance on an issue. I don't think it does.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

You have stated that blood transfusions are morally reprehensible because they result in death...
Untrue. I have said absolutely nothing the sort.