thou shall not murder

funny how things change so conveniently
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jul '13 17:32
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    no, why would i watch a video about abortion?

can you see the contradiction between being anti-abortion and being a soldier?
    No. Soldiers do not try to kill innocent babies.

The Instructor
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Jul '13 19:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds

The Instructor
    I think you will find that many soldiers do kill babies. Even Gods soldiers:
    1 Samuel 15
    3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’ ”

But why do you think killing innocent babies is worse than killing innocent adults?
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Jul '13 19:33

The Instructor
    but they do abort the lives of other humans. do you only value life if its in the womb?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jul '13 22:33
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think you will find that many soldiers do kill babies. Even Gods soldiers:
    1 Samuel 15
    3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and [b]infants,
    cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’ ”

But why do you think killing innocent babies is worse than killing innocent adults?[/b]
    I did not say I think such a thing. But I do think that it is a pretty good bet that all the babies are innocent in comparison with all the adults.

In the case of the Amalekites, they could have had some kind of contagious disease that required everything belonging to them needing to be destroyed, so the Israelites would not be contaminated. We don't know and should not try to put ourselves in position of a judge of things we know little about.

The Instructor
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jul '13 22:391 edit
    but they do abort the lives of other humans. do you only value life if its in the womb?
    No. I at least value my own life, which is not in the womb. Why don't you value life when it is in the womb? There would have not been a Royal baby born in Britain yesterday, if Kate had felt the same as you do.

The Instructor
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '13 23:49
    There would have not been a Royal baby born in Britain yesterday, if Kate had felt the same as you do.

The Instructor
    And?

Kate wanted a baby and was able to have one relatively safely because of the
    modern medicine and healthcare available to her.
    Had she not wanted one at this time then she had that option as well.

Having a child is a major undertaking which brings with it not inconsiderable
    risks to the mothers health, both physical and mental, and it doesn't end after
    9 (ish) months of pregnancy, because that child will require years of care and love
    and support.

If the mother doesn't want to take that risk to her health, and is either not prepared,
    or is unable, to raise a child, then she should absolutely have the option, the choice,
    not to have that child.

And nobody has the right to tell her what can or cannot be done to something inside
    HER body. Even if it were a fully formed and thinking adult.
    Which no unborn baby/foetus/embryo/ect is.

The problem with your 'argument' here, is that you seem to think that pro-choicers are
    just waiting to abort every pregnancy they can get their hands on.

Many/most/enough women want to have children at some point in their lives, and those
    women benefit from having the kind of healthcare that you religious nutters have a habit
    of destroying in your theocratic attempts to control and subjugate women.

However at any given time there are many women who don't want kids, either not right now
    or ever. And with the best will in the world, birth control doesn't always work, even when
    used correctly, and it's not always used correctly.
    So their will be a number of unwanted pregnancies. To women that have been raped, to
    women who are too young, or poor, or unprepared, or ill, or....

The pro-choicer says that these women have a choice as to what happens in and to their
    bodies, and that if they don't want to go through a pregnancy and give birth and raise a child
    then they don't have to.

Abortions, excepting perhaps very late term, are safer and less physically taxing than
    pregnancy is. And when carried out early, all that is destroyed is a little ball of cells,
    or an unthinking blob of amorphous meat.

Now I have never seen any non-religious argument against this that has even the barest shred of
    force or merit.

And religious arguments... well even if I could not dismiss them all out of hand as being untrue...
    It is a requirement of any truly free and civilised society that it has freedom of religion and freedom
    from religion. Embodied in your country as the "separation of church and state" encoded in your first
    amendment. And so any and all religious arguments can and must be disregarded for the basis of
    forming law. As that would violate the freedom of, and from, religion we all [should] value so highly.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 00:23
    No. I at least value my own life, which is not in the womb. Why don't you value life when it is in the womb? There would have not been a Royal baby born in Britain yesterday, if Kate had felt the same as you do.

The Instructor
    i couldnt give a crap about the royal baby any more than i give a crap about any other baby born in the world.

you joined the army..........a professional human aborting organisation. one that excels in aborting humans in various grizzly ways.

why is it okay for your army to abort humans?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 01:59
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    And?

Kate wanted a baby and was able to have one relatively safely because of the
    modern medicine and healthcare available to her.
    Had she not wanted one at this time then she had that option as well.

Having a child is a major undertaking which brings with it not inconsiderable
    risks to the mothers health, both physical and mental, and it does ...[text shortened]... hat would violate the freedom of, and from, religion we all [should] value so highly.
    Women have other choices that do not require the murder of an unborn baby. There are other medical procedures to prevent pregnacy in the first place and they don't have to have sexual intercourse. If they refuse to do that and don't take the proper precautions, then they can turn the baby over to an adoption agency.

The Instructor
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 02:12
    i couldnt give a crap about the royal baby any more than i give a crap about any other baby born in the world.

you joined the army..........a professional human aborting organisation. one that excels in aborting humans in various grizzly ways.

why is it okay for your army to abort humans?
    Yes, I understand that you do not give a crap about the unborn baby; but thanks for making it clear that you also don't give a crap about any baby born in the world.

The U.S. Army is not an abortion organization. It is an organization established for the defense of the liberty and freedoms that the people of our nation have fought to gain. If others try to infringe on our rights, we feel obliged to retaliate with whatever method is necessary.

The Instructor
  11. old pueblo
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 02:36
    Women have other choices that do not require the murder of an unborn baby. There are other medical procedures to prevent pregnacy in the first place and they don't have to have sexual intercourse. If they refuse to do that and don't take the proper precautions, then they can turn the baby over to an adoption agency.

The Instructor
    Plenty of females get pregnant after being raped, so "they don't have to have sexual intercourse" only applies to those who choose to do so. Similarly, not all females wait until adulthood to have sex, mostly because they are with males who are unwilling to wait until adulthood to have sex. A woman or girl who isn't in a relationship and not planning to have consensual sex shouldn't be burdened with taking birth control on the off chance that some scumbag attacks her.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 08:56
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    Plenty of females get pregnant after being raped, so "they don't have to have sexual intercourse" only applies to those who choose to do so. Similarly, not all females wait until adulthood to have sex, mostly because they are with males who are unwilling to wait until adulthood to have sex. A woman or girl who isn't in a relationship and not planning to ha ...[text shortened]... dn't be burdened with taking birth control on the off chance that some scumbag attacks her.
    I some scumbag rapes a women, he should be strung up by his balls in public, then executed.

The Instructor
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 09:15
    I some scumbag rapes a women, he should be strung up by his balls in public, then executed.

The Instructor
    So you are perfectly fine with murder as long as its against fully formed sentient beings.

But aborting non-sentient balls of cells you consider immoral.

You are seriously f*ed up.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 09:21
    In the case of the Amalekites, they could have had some kind of contagious disease that required everything belonging to them needing to be destroyed, so the Israelites would not be contaminated. We don't know and should not try to put ourselves in position of a judge of things we know little about.
    So its OK to murder innocent little babies if they might pose a threat to the Israelites?
    Don't you think that this mysterious contagious disease might have simply killed them off anyway if they had just been left alone? And if its contagious, going up to them and killing them and getting blood all over yourself is not the best form of prevention.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 09:23
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    Plenty of females get pregnant after being raped, so "they don't have to have sexual intercourse" only applies to those who choose to do so. Similarly, not all females wait until adulthood to have sex, mostly because they are with males who are unwilling to wait until adulthood to have sex. A woman or girl who isn't in a relationship and not planning to ha ...[text shortened]... dn't be burdened with taking birth control on the off chance that some scumbag attacks her.
    All absolutely true.

However I don't generally take this line of argument because I do not buy
    into the religious notion that sex (between consenting adults) is a bad or
    shameful thing when done for any other purpose than reproduction within
    religiously approved marriage.

When you make the (valid) argument that women can become pregnant against
    their will in cases of rape where they did not choose to have sex you are in
    context implying that they have an excuse that by extension women who chose
    to have sex willingly don't have.

It also implicitly implies that abortions are a bad thing, but are a necessary evil in
    the case of rape and/or under-age sex.

Which I also don't buy.

Any women should be able to freely and safely have an abortion if they choose
    for any reason.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree