1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 May '18 16:051 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    In the Captial Punishment thread Suzianne says:

[b]”I eschew the opinion that people are only drawn to God if God "wills it". This this self-serving mush.”

And yet Jesus himself directly and unequivocally states:

“No one comes to me unless the father who sent me draws them...”
    John 6:44

Suzianne has been since been avoiding my ...[text shortened]... on this so I’ll post it here; is Suzianne justified in her claim that it is “self-serving mush”?[/b]
    More complete quote:

'44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’[d] Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life."

So it appears that this passage specifies two steps needed: God "draws" them, and they "heard": and "learned" (and maybe s third step, the one who "believes," although this might be the same as hearing and learning.). Anyway, it can be argued based on this and other writings that being drawn does not appear to be enough.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 May '18 16:131 edit
    Originally posted by @js357
    More complete quote:

'44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’[d] [b]Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.
    46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen t ...[text shortened]... it can be argued based on this and other writings that being drawn does not appear to be enough.[/b]
    Yes, agreed.

There is another piece underlying this, which I was talking about to FMF earlier today; that is the notion that ONLY those who are drawn or called by God can come to god. Another sort of religious exclusivity belief which some like to enjoy.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 May '18 17:42
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Yes, agreed.

There is another piece underlying this, which I was talking about to FMF earlier today; that is the notion that ONLY those who are drawn or called by God can come to god. Another sort of religious exclusivity belief which some like to enjoy.
    That could be reconciled if there is Biblical support for the non-exclusive notion that ALL people are drawn/called.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 May '18 17:54
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Are you five years old?
    Tiger just celebrated his eighth birthday. We went to the Museum of Ale and Lager in Davenport and had a wonderful time. Everyone on the tour loved tiger and his stories of getting bombed at the pub and snorkeling in a vat of ale.

One British man exclaimed, “You’re such a scamp!” and we all laughed quite merrily.

tiger was disappointed the Museum restaurant didn’t have PB&J sandwiches with the crusts cut off. That was the only downside of the trip.

But the waitress explained, “We’re not used to having 8-year-old boys here.”
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 May '18 17:57
    Mmmm.

Self serving mush.

Does it come with self serving sausage?
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    11 May '18 21:49
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Tiger just celebrated his eighth birthday. We went to the Museum of Ale and Lager in Davenport and had a wonderful time. Everyone on the tour loved tiger and his stories of getting bombed at the pub and snorkeling in a vat of ale.

One British man exclaimed, “You’re such a scamp!” and we all laughed quite merrily.

tiger was disappointed the Museum r ...[text shortened]... ide of the trip.

But the waitress explained, “We’re not used to having 8-year-old boys here.”
    Did you drive there in a windowless van? 😕
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '18 01:04
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Did you drive there in a windowless van? 😕
    We actually had a car service take us. Normally I would have driven, but the Museum is about two hours away and tiger gets fussy on long trips.

We had a 12-pack of ale on the way up and tiger was very happy. I only got 3 🙁
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 May '18 22:38
    We actually had a car service take us. Normally I would have driven, but the Museum is about two hours away and tiger gets fussy on long trips.

We had a 12-pack of ale on the way up and tiger was very happy. I only got 3 🙁
    You really are completely oblivious to how odious and creepy your posts sound, aren't you? Wow.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '18 22:50
    You really are completely oblivious to how odious and creepy your posts sound, aren't you? Wow.
    You take this forum far too seriously, and I personally think my posts about tiger, an ale-swilling, PB&J sandwich-loving, Miss Alawat-crushing, third-grade scamp at Shetland Primary are very amusing. Whether other people do or not really doesn’t matter to me.

I’ll never stop posting about tiger - never ever!

Nice!
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 May '18 00:30
    You take this forum far too seriously, and I personally think my posts about tiger, an ale-swilling, PB&J sandwich-loving, Miss Alawat-crushing, third-grade scamp at Shetland Primary are very amusing. Whether other people do or not really doesn’t matter to me.

Nice!
    I for one applaud your resolve to show us what you are like.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '18 00:41
    Originally posted by @js357
    I for one applaud your resolve to show us what you are like.
    My posts about tiger are a modest percentage of my overall posts, though tiger’s fans keep clamoring for more.

If you don’t like reading about tiger’s adventures, no one’s forcing you too. But many simply adore tiger because he’s such a scamp.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 May '18 03:302 edits

Nice!
    I don't take your comments seriously. I don't think you're actually a child molester, you just talk like one, but you're too naive to realize it. (I certainly hope you don't ever talk to any real children in this way...you'll scare the Bejesus out of them.)
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '18 03:33
    I don't take your comments seriously. I think you talk like a child molester but you're too naive to realize it. (I certainly hope you don't ever talk to any real children in this way...you'll scare the Bejesus out of them.)
    Only a perv would take my posts about tiger that way. And I don’t talk to children and have no reason to.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 May '18 03:35
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem to Romans1009
    I don't take your comments seriously. I think you talk like a child molester but you're too naive to realize it. (I certainly hope you don't ever talk to any real children in this way...you'll scare the Bejesus out of them.)
    At one point a month or two ago, in the middle of normal discussions, he repeatedly used to ask me if I was wearing knickers and suspenders while posting.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '18 03:40
    Originally posted by @fmf
    At one point a month or two ago, in the middle of normal discussions, he repeatedly used to ask me if I was wearing knickers and suspenders while posting.
    You’re lying.

But that’s hardly surprising given your past behavior on here which required you to write a public apology to the RHP community AND apologize to this website’s owners.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree