Unemployed
    Lives with his mother
    Up all night every night on the internet
    Loner
    Child novelty fixations
    Religious double-minded personality
    Apparent spectrum behavioural disorders
    Anger issues
    Talking of which, I've just started watching the 3rd series of Bates Motel.

Highly recommended.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 May '18 11:38
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Talking of which, I've just started watching the 3rd series of Bates Motel.

Highly recommended.
    Is it nearly as good as Breaking Bad?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '18 12:571 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    I see you’re dodging my question.

You know next to nothing about me. What you do know is I call out amoral hypocrites. And if you think that’s “not being a Christian,” then you obviously don’t know the Bible.

But you claimed to have been a Christian for 30-40 years and to have read the Bible multiple times when you were a Christian.

That sounded ...[text shortened]... out how strange Revelation is. And it took you 30-40 years to figure that out?

Puh-leeeeeeze!
    How do you feel about the Book of Revelation?

Is it "strange" to you?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '18 16:49
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Unemployed
    Lives with his mother
    Up all night every night on the internet
    Loner
    Child novelty fixations
    Religious double-minded personality
    Apparent spectrum behavioural disorders
    Anger issues
    Still trying to impress the atheists?

You’ve got a lot of ground to make up after you wrote that Jesus is Lord. I bet you told them in pms that you were just kidding. Did you feel ashamed when you wrote that? Did you face get all flushed and warm from embarrassment?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '18 16:52
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    How do you feel about the Book of Revelation?

Is it "strange" to you?
    Sure is. But I don’t attribute its strangeness to a fault with the book, but rather a fault within myself for not being able to adequately understand it.

That’s one reason why pride is so toxic; it causes us to think we know more than God and know more than we actually do.
  7. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    17 May '18 21:47
    "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him."

What is the reason for making this distinction if there is no distinction and it boils down to an action on our part?

Here's how it should have played out with that understanding:

Jesus: "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him."
    Listener: "Is everyone drawn?"
    Jesus: "Yes."
    Listener: "Ok, so what you're saying is, everyone who decides to come to you can come to you."
    Jesus: "Yes."
    Listener: "Well. Thanks, Cap'n Obvious, can you teach us something we didn't already know?"
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 May '18 22:34
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey

What is the reason for making this distinction if there is no distinction and it boils down to an action on our part?

Listener: "Is everyone draw ...[text shortened]... "
    Listener: "Well. Thanks, Cap'n Obvious, can you teach us something we didn't already know?"
    So what jessi was saying when he said only those who the father draws can come to me, was in fact a pointless statement?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '18 22:58
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey

Listener: "Is everyone draw ...[text shortened]... "
    I think you’re overlooking the question of timing (some people are drawn at an early age, some at a much later age,) and the reason why no one can come to Christ without being drawn, which is really the most important point I think Jesus was making.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '18 23:31
    This is an interesting thread title.

Rather than title it by Biblical theme or Scriptural reference, divegeester chose to title it as an attack on a Christian. He’s done the same with other Christians and is the only one on here I’m aware of who starts threads for the purpose of attacking other posters.

And he has the nerve to accuse other people of trolling.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 May '18 23:34
    This is an interesting thread title.

Rather than title it by Biblical theme or Scriptural reference, divegeester chose to title it as an attack on a Christian. He’s done the same with other Christians and is the only one on here I’m aware of who starts threads for the purpose of attacking other posters.

And he has the nerve to accuse other people of trolling.
    Divegeester is very sloppy. I think he drives along in his car with less than 100% attention to the discussion, TEXTING the first crappy thing that comes into his head.

The quality of discussion would improve here without this off the cuff behavior. Don't let him influence you to be like that.
  12. S. Korea
    Moves
    17 May '18 23:40
    Suzianne and I do not have a great relationship or anything, and I jus twant to emphasize that these 'tag you in the subject line' call otu threads are overtly hostile and a bit much.

I do not think that htey fit well with the spirit of Christ nor do they add to the forum.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 May '18 23:45
    I think you’re overlooking the question of timing (some people are drawn at an early age, some at a much later age,) and the reason why no one can come to Christ without being drawn, which is really the most important point I think Jesus was making.
    And yet at the same time, this 'draws' some Christans to start thinking they're 'special' by thinking "he drew ME to him, but he didn't draw my atheist neighbor to him, I must be 'special' ".

It becomes self-serving, since it 'serves' the person saying it and everyone else must be 'lesser'.

And before anyone starts up with ridiculous comments, I happen to think perhaps Jesus meant something other than what most people who read that start thinking, because after all he also said that no one is 'good' except the Father, but people don't seem to let that get in the way of them thinking they're 'special'.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '18 23:47
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Suzianne and I do not have a great relationship or anything, and I jus twant to emphasize that these 'tag you in the subject line' call otu threads are overtly hostile and a bit much.

I do not think that htey fit well with the spirit of Christ nor do they add to the forum.
    Totally agree, but should add that tiger’s been out-of-sorts lately. I had to buy raspberry jam at the grocery store for his PB&J sandwiches because they were out of his favorite grape jelly and Miss Alawat scolded him yesterday for showing up to homeroom with ale on his breath. I wasn’t aware tiger was going to the pub before school and thought he was getting on the school bus as usual.

He’s a handful!
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '18 23:50
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    And yet at the same time, this 'draws' some Christans to start thinking they're 'special' by thinking "he drew ME to him, but he didn't draw my atheist neighbor to him, I must be 'special' ".

It becomes self-serving, since it 'serves' the person saying it and everyone else must be 'lesser'.

And before anyone starts up with ridiculous comments, I happ ...[text shortened]... the Father, but people don't seem to let that get in the way of them thinking they're 'special'.
    <<And yet at the same time, this 'draws' some Christans to start thinking they're 'special' by thinking "he drew ME to him, but he didn't draw my atheist neighbor to him, I must be 'special' ".>>

I thought we established that God the Father draws everyone to Jesus. Some people resist being drawn; some do not.

Do you agree with that or are you saying something different?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree