Suzianne’s “self-serving mush”

Suzianne’s “self-serving mush”

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
21 May 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @fmf
Like I said, when I was a Christian, if someone had accused me of being ashamed of being a believer in Jesus Christ ~ or of being ashamed of Jesus Christ ~ both would have meant exactly the same thing.
Does the fact that you now identify as an atheist and no longer as a Christian imply that you were ashamed of being a believer in Jesus Christ at some point and would that be the same as you being ashamed of Jesus Christ at this point?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Believing that Jesus existed is NOT what the topic is here. We are discussing the Christian perspective of believing in Jesus and not being ashamed of him, his teaching and the gospel generally.

In this context believing in Jesus and believing in the teaching of Jesus is exactly the same thing, or at least the former includes the latter.
You really don’t believe Jesus was God in the flesh, do you? You really don’t believe Jesus was sacrificed for the sins of the world, do you? You really don’t believe Jesus was Resurrected and appeared in the flesh to His disciples after His death, do you?

Listen to your weasel words in this post - “not being ashamed of him, his teaching and the gospel generally.” I love the qualifier “generally” that you appended. Does that “generally” include Jesus being God in the flesh, sacrificing Himself for the sins of the world and being Resurrected? Do you believe that, dive?

You can run, but you can’t hide. Take a principled stand, dive. Be honest, dive. Show some integrity, dive.

Do you believe Jesus Christ was God in the flesh, dive?

Do you believe Jesus Christ was crucified for the sins of mankind, dive?

Do you believe Jesus Christ was Resurrected, dive?

If you believe that (and I’m not convinced you do,) you’re ashamed to believe it. The shame you feel is palpable.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Like I said, when I was a Christian, if someone had accused me of being ashamed of being a believer in Jesus Christ ~ or of being ashamed of Jesus Christ ~ both would have meant exactly the same thing.
You previously said you stopped being a Christian because you “no longer believed what Christians said about themselves or what Jesus’ life meant.” Nothing about believing and then not believing Jesus was God in the flesh; nothing about believing and then not believing Jesus was crucified for the sins of the world; nothing about believing and then not believing Jesus was Resurrected.

Sounds like the type of Christian you were back then is the type of Christian dive is now.

But if someone doesn’t believe Jesus was God in the flesh, was sacrificed for the sins of the world and was Resurrected, I don’t think they’re a Christian. In fact, I know they’re not.

S. Korea

Moves
21 May 18

Ladies & gentleman: here is your victim in all his glory, calling out another member of the Forum in a thread title, hoping to beat up on her.

Remember this before you cast lots with him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 May 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
Ladies & gentleman: here is your victim in all his glory, calling out another member of the Forum in a thread title, hoping to beat up on her.

Amen, brother.

I’ve only been here 3 months, but dive is the least principled and least honest poster I’ve come across.

At least with atheists and Christ deniers you know where they’re coming from. dive likes to play both sides - self identify as a Christian while bashing Christians and mocking the Bible. No one knows what he believes because I don’t think dive knows what he believes.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 May 18

Originally posted by @philokalia

I’m not asking you or anyone else to “cast lots” with me, and isn’t that an incorrect analogy anyway!

The words in the thread title are Suziannes own and she has not defended nor refuted them. Have you actually bothered to read the OP? Suzianne is calling the quoted scripture, the words of Jesus “self serving mush”, and not one of you pathetic crew of crappy Christians has challenged her on it, not one!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 May 18
1 edit

“Amen brother”

Good grief, he’s a racist!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 May 18

I’m not asking you or anyone else to “cast lots” with me, and isn’t that an incorrect analogy anyway!

The words in the thread title are Suziannes own and she has not defended nor refuted them. Have you actually bothered to read the OP? Suzianne is calling the quoted scripture, the words of Jesus “self serving mush”, and not one of you pathetic crew of crappy Christians has challenged her on it, not one!
You could have raised the issue without involving her - and you involved her in the thread title. You love to bash Christians and bash them exclusively - there’s no way around it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 May 18

“Amen brother”

I don’t take your word for anything.

Moves
21 May 18

“Amen brother”

Whoops, more ad hominems.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 May 18

One only has to look back over philokalia's posting history in debates to understand where he stands in terms of race.

Moves
21 May 18

One only has to look back over philokalia's posting history in debates to understand where he stands in terms of race.
So you have no examples you can cite off hand? Based on past history you could easily be misrepreseting him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 May 18

I love how you’re still pretending to ignore me by not quoting my post yet you’re responding to my post nevertheless.

You know who else does that? The two biggest atheist trolls on here who (coincidentally I’m sure) just happen to be the only members of your “exclusive” and “invitation only” “DIVE LOUNGE” club.

Couldn’t find any believers to invite?

Shockah!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 May 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
So you have no examples you can cite off hand? Based on past history you could easily be misrepreseting him.
Were you invited to be a member of dive’s “exclusive” and “invitation only” “DIVE LOUNGE” club?

I wouldn’t be surprised if you weren’t.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
21 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Do you believe Jesus Christ was God in the flesh, dive?
Do you believe Jesus Christ was crucified for the sins of mankind, dive?
Do you believe Jesus Christ was Resurrected, dive?
I looked but didn't see an answer to these questions. Did I miss something?