Suzianne’s “self-serving mush”

Suzianne’s “self-serving mush”

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 May 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
And yet at the same time, this 'draws' some Christans to start thinking they're 'special' by thinking "he drew ME to him, but he didn't draw my atheist neighbor to him, I must be 'special' ".

It becomes self-serving, since it 'serves' the person saying it and everyone else must be 'lesser'.

And before anyone starts up with ridiculous comments, I happ ...[text shortened]... the Father, but people don't seem to let that get in the way of them thinking they're 'special'.
I think what Jesus meant when He said no one can come to Him unless the Father draws him or her is that man in his natural state is so sinful, depraved and hostile to God that for him to come to God requires a supernatural drawing.

But, as I said in the previous post, some will respond positively to the drawing and some will respond negatively.

F

Moves
17 May 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
Suzianne and I do not have a great relationship or anything, and I jus twant to emphasize that these 'tag you in the subject line' call otu threads are overtly hostile and a bit much.

I do not think that htey fit well with the spirit of Christ nor do they add to the forum.
Thanks for your suggestions.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
I think what Jesus meant when He said no one can come to Him unless the Father draws him or her is that man in his natural state is so sinful, depraved and hostile to God that for him to come to God requires a supernatural drawing.

But, as I said in the previous post, some will respond positively to the drawing and some will respond negatively.
Should have added that some may respond positively but become sidetracked by not understanding the Bible, tribulation/persecution and the cares of this world and so never become Christians.

Jesus elaborated on this in the Parable of the Sower.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 May 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Divegeester is very sloppy. I think he drives along in his car with less than 100% attention to the discussion, TEXTING the first crappy thing that comes into his head.

The quality of discussion would improve here without this off the cuff behavior. Don't let him influence you to be like that.
This is far from being an accurate description of my 10 years of posting here, and you know it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 May 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
Suzianne and I do not have a great relationship or anything, and I jus twant to emphasize that these 'tag you in the subject line' call otu threads are overtly hostile and a bit much.

I do not think that htey fit well with the spirit of Christ nor do they add to the forum.
If you actually read the OP you would see that I’m using Suzianne’s own words. She is talking about something Jesus himself said and callin it “self-serving mush”. Perhaps if you followed the thread and it’s origins wouldn’t be make silly posts like this one you have just made. Here is the op again for you, in case you can’t find it:

In the Captial Punishment thread Suzianne says:

”I eschew the opinion that people are only drawn to God if God "wills it". This this self-serving mush.”

And yet Jesus himself directly and unequivocally states:

“No one comes to me unless the father who sent me draws them...”
John 6:44

Suzianne has been since been avoiding my challenge to her on this so I’ll post it here; is Suzianne justified in her claim that it is “self-serving mush”?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
This is far from being an accurate description of my 10 years of posting here, and you know it.
It’s actually an overly generous assessment of your behavior in the last three months. You’ve turned into quite the troll, lately.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 May 18

If you actually read the OP you would see that I’m using Suzianne’s own words. She is talking about something Jesus himself said and callin it “self-serving mush”. Perhaps if you followed the thread and it’s origins wouldn’t be make silly posts like this one you have just made. Here is the op again for you, in case you can’t find it:

In the ...[text shortened]... so I’ll post it here; is Suzianne justified in her claim that it is “self-serving mush”?
Why do you have to involve suzianne? Why not just pose the question and leave her out of it?

Would you treat one of the forum’s resident atheists in that manner? Didn’t think so.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
18 May 18

So what jessi was saying when he said only those who the father draws can come to me, was in fact a pointless statement?
Not in my opinion. I think He made the distinction because there is in fact, a distinction. No one can come to Christ but those who are drawn by the Father who sent Him. Meaning, if you aren't drawn, then you can't do it. It wouldn't make any sense to make that distinction in my opinion, unless some aren't drawn.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 May 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
Not in my opinion. I think He made the distinction because there is in fact, a distinction. No one can come to Christ but those who are drawn by the Father who sent Him. Meaning, if you aren't drawn, then you can't do it. It wouldn't make any sense to make that distinction in my opinion, unless some aren't drawn.
It makes sense if Jesus’ point in that remark was that man in his natural state is so sinful, depraved and hostile to God that he’s incapable, due to disinterest, of coming to God on his own, but requires a “supernatural intervention” to seek God.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 May 18

So what jessi was saying when he said only those who the father draws can come to me, was in fact a pointless statement?
So who is 'jessi' and do you wish you had his girl?

Ok, nevermind, it was funnier when I first thought of it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Ok, nevermind, it was funnier when I first thought of it.
Typos are sometimes funny I agree. What’s funnier is you avoiding the point.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 May 18

Typos are sometimes funny I agree. What’s funnier is you avoiding the point.
Picking another fight with a believer, tiger? This is the third believer you’ve gone after in just the last 10 minutes. Why do you exclusively pick fights with your fellow Christians, tiger? Are you that ashamed to be a believer? Or are you a phony?

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
21 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Picking another fight with a believer, tiger? This is the third believer you’ve gone after in just the last 10 minutes. Why do you exclusively pick fights with your fellow Christians, tiger? Are you that ashamed to be a believer? Or are you a phony?
"Ashamed to be a believer." That's a far cry from the accused "ashamed of Jesus Christ." Two completely different things.

F

Moves
21 May 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
"Ashamed to be a believer." That's a far cry from the accused "ashamed of Jesus Christ." Two completely different things.
Not to a Christian, I don't think. When I was a Christian, for someone to have accused me of being ashamed of being a believer in Jesus Christ and for someone to have accused me - as a Christian - of being ashamed of Jesus Christ, would have both meant exactly the same thing. Not "completely different". Exactly the same.

Moves
21 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
Not to a Christian, I don't think. When I was a Christian, for someone to have accused me of being ashamed of being a believer in Jesus Christ and for someone to have accused me - as a Christian - of being ashamed of Jesus Christ, would have both meant exactly the same thing. Not "completely different". Exactly the same.
What has Dive said here that has convinced you that he is not ashamed of being a Christian? Could it maybe be that he hasn't been to church for 40 odd years? Or maybe the fact that he is always attacking Christians and siding with atheists?