Taking a census = a very bad thing.

Taking a census = a very bad thing.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
29 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Does people being unimpressed with you, saying so, and saying why, on a message board, constitute "sin"?
My bad, Raj never sins. He adheres to every word in the Bible.

F

Moves
29 May 18

Originally posted by @whodey
My bad, Raj never sins. He adheres to every word in the Bible.
Do you look upon those who think you're a fool and call you out for being a fool in an arena such as this to be committing a "sin"? The question is not an invitation to you to act the fool even more; the question is about your notion of "sin".

S. Korea

Moves
30 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I expired exactly what I thought of your posts a in my replies to you. I think you are a morally ambiguous individual who posts pseudo-intellectual waffle on the internet and occasiaonlly lets his guard slip and we see you for the racist you are. I thought I was pretty clear.

You are waffling on a drunk shepherds in a lame attempt to distract from t ...[text shortened]... execute a teenage soldier if they fell asleep on duty!

You are morally reprehensible Jacob.
If an 18 year old man does not feel the threat of the enemy and does not take his duty serious during warfare, it is not only justifiable, but responsible to execute him for the dereliction of duty.

Indeed, if we failed to do so, we would be setting a bad precedent and further jeopardizing the morale and dsicipline of the military.

I think your position is reflective of a shortsighted and wayward generation that has never known hardship.

I think you can also see this mindset in the way that you post to us.

F

Moves
30 May 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
I think your position is reflective of a shortsighted and wayward generation that has never known hardship.

I think you can also see this mindset in the way that you post to us.
What generational mindset do you see reflected in the way some of the other Christians here post on this forum?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Ok here we go matey...

Do you declare before Jesus that you honestly believe that the earth is flat?

End of...
Under all circumstances, my word is good enough and does not require additives to vouchsafe its integrity.
As I have said repeatedly, we apparently cannot know the shape of the earth.
Now, that's a loaded comment.
Who is the "we," why is it apparent and what keeps it from the first party's field of knowledge?

I believe the shape of the earth can, actually, be known.
But I believe the "we" part is stuck with limited access to that knowledge--- that limited access includes always being shown, instead of verifying it for ourselves, among other things.
Bad actors, deplorable production values are another thing which hampers our access to knowledge.
Dis- or possibly misinformation, so relying on them is impossible.
An appearance of proof verses sufficient proof.
Space agencies always provide the former, but never the latter.

The things we can verify for ourselves all point to something other than what we are shown is another consideration.
If we can make machinery capable of exact calculations for the movement of the starry sky based upon the earth being flat and/or the center of the entire said sky, how does that factoid factor into our thinking?
How did the human race survive its woeful ignorance for the thousands of years in which it held to a flat earth, one which was the center of the universe?
And the so-called anomalies go on and on until you're left with reams and reams of anomalies, all of them counter to a spherical earth--- at least, one with the dimensions we've been taught from childhood.

So I don't know that I believe the earth is flat, but I def don't believe it is the dimensions we've been taught, as such results defy physics and optics, among other fields.

S. Korea

Moves
30 May 18

What generational mindset do you see reflected in the way some of the other Christians here post on this forum?
I think many of them post in a way that is perhaps more reflective of the American baby boomers or previous iterations of American & Western peoples, though, of course, there are plenty of Gen Xers and Millenials who do reflect those values.

But what really defines Xers and Millenials is that they are the first Americans who, by and large, are wayward, irresolute, and godless -- if not godless in a literal areligious sense, godless in praxis, and molding theology to their personal views, not unlike Dive.

F

Moves
30 May 18

I think many of them post in a way that is perhaps more reflective of the American baby boomers or previous iterations of American & Western peoples, though, of course, there are plenty of Gen Xers and Millenials who do reflect those values.

But what really defines Xers and Millenials is that they are the first Americans who, by and large, are waywar ...[text shortened]... ligious sense, godless in praxis, and molding theology to their personal views, not unlike Dive.
You have identified divegeester as a fellow Christian poster who annoys you, and you have voiced this irritation several times. You have also identified Roman1009 as being, in your view, the best high-volume poster in this community. What is the way he posts reflective of?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18
1 edit

You have identified divegeester as a fellow Christian poster who annoys you, and you have voiced this irritation several times. You have also identified Roman1009 as being, in your view, the best high-volume poster in this community. What is the way he posts reflective of?
It really sticks in your craw that he characterized me in that way. It’s hilarious how much it upsets you.

But if you’re gonna claim to be the “Main Poster” ‘round these parts, you gotta put your nose to the grindstone and start tapping those keys. I have dozens of pages of posts more than you on a monthly basis - and I’m not even trying!

And I post from a cell phone and type with one finger!

Come on, Kiddo. Get with the program or come up with another cute little saying for your profile.

That’s an order.

S. Korea

Moves
30 May 18

It is reflective of good countering to the relentless signaling of people who despise Christianity and who distort Christianity.

I haven't like sat down and tried to weave a tapestry of the many threads (pun intended) posted here, and simply cannot even keep up with all of the material.

But that is a good enough statement.

F

Moves
30 May 18
1 edit

[b]It is reflective of good countering to the relentless signaling of people who despise Christianity and who distort Christianity. /b]
Googlefudge might have been seen as a poster who "despised" Christianity but he hasn't posted for over 2 years. Romans1009 has not interacted with him.

F

Moves
30 May 18
1 edit

It is reflective of good countering to the relentless signaling of people who despise Christianity and who distort Christianity.
Does it "distort Christianity" when self-professed Christians declare themselves already "saved", right now, come what way, and that not even God can undo it without making Himself a liar etc. etc.? Does sonship's 'eternal torture-non-believers hung out burning on chains as a warning to people of "other worlds"' theology "distort Christianity"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18
1 edit

Does it "distort Christianity" when self-professed Christians declare themselves already "saved", right now, come what way, and that not even God can undo it without making Himself a liar etc. etc.? Does sonship's 'eternal torture-non-believers hung out burning on chains as a warning to people of "other worlds"' theology "distort Christianity"?
Salvation by faith alone and eternal security are major tenets of Christianity with significant Biblical support. To claim they “distort Christianity” is rather uneducated and quite revealing on your part.

F

Moves
30 May 18

Philokalia: [Romans1009's posting] is reflective of good countering to the relentless signaling of people who despise Christianity and who distort Christianity.

Googlefudge might have been seen as a poster who "despised" Christianity but he hasn't posted for over 2 years. Romans1009 has not interacted with him.
sonhouse was another one who seemed to "despise" Christianity ~ all religions in fact, Islam even more than Christianity ~ and a lot of his posts had a kind of deep-seated anger to them. Did he actually "despise" Christianity? Only he could say. On most other topics, he had a heart of gold. I don't recall your nominated 'best poster on the Spirituality Forum'' interacting with him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

sonhouse was another one who seemed to "despise" Christianity ~ all religions in fact, Islam even more than Christianity ~ and a lot of his posts had a kind of deep-seated anger to them. Did he actually "despise" Christianity? Only he could say. On most other topics, he had a heart of gold. I don't recall your nominated 'best poster on the Spirituality Forum'' interacting with him.
But I interacted with you quite a bit, Kiddo. And you and the other atheists got spanked so often and so severely, you decided as a group to ignore me. Of course y’all still talk about me ‘cause you can’t help yourselves and I can only imagine how often I show up in your pms.

But you refuse to directly engage with me ‘cause you know what’s coming if you do. That means I’ve got the best of both worlds - I can refute atheist nonsense with substance and you have to sit there and take it due to your self-imposed silence toward me.

Great!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
But I interacted with you quite a bit, Kiddo. And you and the other atheists got spanked so often and so severely, you decided as a group to ignore me. Of course y’all still talk about me ‘cause you can’t help yourselves and I can only imagine how often I show up in your pms.

But you refuse to directly engage with me ‘cause you know what’s coming if y ...[text shortened]... ance and you have to sit there and take it due to your self-imposed silence toward me.

Great!
Remember those long conversations we used to have at night, Kiddo? How you’d prattle on with your endless questions and then get scared and start pool whizzing when I answered you into a corner.

All the other atheists were offline and it was just me and you. You miss those days, don’t you, Kiddo?