Taking a census = a very bad thing.

Taking a census = a very bad thing.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Your facetiousness is not going to disguise the fact that you are sidestepping the issue.

You have said a few times here that you think it's really hard work being a Christian [and that atheists have it easy]. How do you square your assertion that it's really hard work being a Christian with the kind of OSAS theology I have been asking about, especially when ...[text shortened]... really hard work being a Christian with such a wishy-washy philosophy of how to live one's life?
You really seem to know nothing of Christianity. You think a Christian only cares about salvation? You don’t understand that a Christian wants to honor and obey Christ out of love and gratitude and not to get something? Is that how you behave in real life? You only do things if you get something from doing them?

You think believing in and accepting Christ has no consequences while a believer is in the flesh?

You don’t understand that even after someone believes in and accepts Christ and God’s Holy Spirit indwells them, that a constant struggle takes place between the Spirit and the flesh and that this struggle will continue as long as a believer is in the flesh and in a sinful world? Have you read Galatians? Paul speaks extensively about this.

Sins are forgiven but that doesn’t mean one sins willfully. Sinning willfully (without remorse or repentance) is the surest sign one is not saved because they did not sincerely accept Christ and therefore did not receive God’s Holy Spirit.

All of this has been talked about numerous times in the past three months (if not longer.) You don’t remember any of this and yet you claim to have a “sharp memory?”

S. Korea

Moves
30 May 18

Your facetiousness is not going to disguise the fact that you are sidestepping the issue.

You have said a few times here that you think it's really hard work being a Christian [and that atheists have it easy]. How do you square your assertion that it's really hard work being a Christian with the kind of OSAS theology I have been asking about, especially when ...[text shortened]... really hard work being a Christian with such a wishy-washy philosophy of how to live one's life?
You're going to want to go back to the idea about the concept of being saved within American protestantism.

At this point you are STILL trying to interpret it as them saying,

- I do nothing else, at all, and do not strive to be a better Christian, and
- I am completely & totally saved just due to my own declaration.

Stop forcing this ridiculous strawman on us.

None of us accept it.

F

Moves
30 May 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
Stop forcing this ridiculous strawman on us.
I agree that it can be looked upon as ridiculous ~ and I am, of course, not claiming it is your theology ~ but it is certainly not a strawman. It's curious how many Christians here, when the nature of their God is being presented in a way that surely "distorts" Christianity in the eyes of one adherent or the other ~ communicate in a mealy-mouthed sneering way, not directly, but through atheist-proxies ~ rather than stand up for the theology they believe in.

F

Moves
30 May 18

At this point you are STILL trying to interpret it as them saying, - I do nothing else, at all, and do not strive to be a better Christian, and - I am completely & totally saved just due to my own declaration.
You should read more of what theological claims some of your fellow "Christians" are making.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

You should read more of what theological claims some of your fellow "Christians" are making.
No Christian on here has claimed what you have said they’ve claimed. It’s just more of your trolling by misrepresentation.

Either that or you have no understanding of a faith you claimed to have belonged to for nearly 40 years.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

I agree that it can be looked upon as ridiculous ~ and I am, of course, not claiming it is your theology ~ but it is certainly not a strawman. It's curious how many Christians here, when the nature of their God is being presented in a way that surely "distorts" Christianity in the eyes of one adherent or the other ~ communicate in a mealy-mouthed sneering way, ...[text shortened]... t directly, but through atheist-proxies ~ rather than stand up for the theology they believe in.
Surely you of all people is not criticizing how other people post when 95 percent of your posts are personal attacks and trying to pit Christians against each other, while the remaining 5 percent is mostly fluff.

F

Moves
30 May 18

At this point you are STILL trying to interpret it as them saying, - I do nothing else, at all, and do not strive to be a better Christian
There's even been the assertion that Christians are not even required to obey the 'Ten Commandments' because they were part of the old covenant and not the new covenant. Is that a "distortion of Christianity" or is it something you are just going to wave away with some waffle about "American Protestantism"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

There's even been the assertion that Christians are not even required to obey the 'Ten Commandments' because they were part of the old covenant and not the new covenant. Is that a "distortion of Christianity" or is it something you are just going to wave away with some waffle about "American Protestantism"?
Do you understand the difference between living in the Spirit and living in the flesh? You really ought to read Galatians.

Here’s a brief sample:

“For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.”

(Galatians 2:19-21)

Moves
30 May 18

The trolling of FMF continues.

Truly cringe worthy.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
The trolling of FMF continues.

Truly cringe worthy.
You can’t tell the difference between substance and trolling? Or are you just being dishonest?

Moves
30 May 18

Romans will now explain why replying to someone's every post, who has not responded to him directly in a month, is not trolling...

Why would a rational human being behave in such a manner?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Romans will now explain why replying to someone's every post, who has not responded to him directly in a month, is not trolling...

Why would a rational human being behave in such a manner?
I’m replying to ideas and, in some cases, misguided assumptions or faulty understandings.

I couldn’t care less who posts them.

S. Korea

Moves
30 May 18

FMF, you are really relentless.

Even when we show that no one here thinks like that, and we all say that this is bad, you just keep talking about it because you wish people were here that think liek that.

I think even a flawed person who actually DID think along t hose lines, if you even stated this fact for them clearly, would immediately realize the error of their way and want to repent.

There is nothing about this that is persuasive.

It isn't a topic.

F

Moves
30 May 18
1 edit

Even when we show that no one here thinks like that, and we all say that this is bad, you just keep talking about it because you wish people were here that think liek that.
You haven't shown me anything. Like I said, you should read more of what theological claims some of your fellow "Christians" are actually making.

Some of the OSAS stuff propagated here is almost as far away - morally and spiritually speaking, and in terms of the practical application of faith - from your Catholic theology as one can get.

It's a wonder why you try to use me as a proxy rather than confront it directly. It's a debate and discussion forum after all. You ready should read more of what is being said and not leap so readily into your pseudy-exasperated-mode.

F

Moves
30 May 18

I think even a flawed person who actually DID think along t hose lines, if you even stated this fact for them clearly, would immediately realize the error of their way and want to repent.
It's been repeated ad nauseam in about as brazen and smarmy a way as possible. Repeatedly. Just as I have characterized it. You should be more attentive.