Taking Quality Questions on Revelation

Taking Quality Questions on Revelation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
If you have a unique and original insight or piece of knowledge to share about two places in the book of Revelation where John is so overcome by what he sees that he falls before an angel to worship the angel and where he is rebuked to not do that but reserve his worship for God, why not just do so rather than treating your revealing of it in such a vain and self-regarding way?
Why do you personalize threads and attack posters so much?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
The new heaven and new earth?

Or was that mentioned in Isaiah?
Yes, the new heaven and new earth are mentioned in Isaiah.

I see my question is not clearly asked.
What I meant was - Is there anything of a vision or theme in Revelation which does not have any parallel anywhere ELSE in the BIble?

Okay, I ask because I can think of almost nothing in the book of Revelation that is not a re-cap, re- capitulation of something previously written in the rest of the Bible.

I have never really "torture tested" this theory. But it has been a tremendous aid to my understanding to see that all of Revelation re-visits matters elsewhere written in the Bible.

I could give some great examples, I think.
When you have this kind of key, the book really opens up.

That's been my limited experience.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 May 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Yes, the new heaven and new earth are mentioned in Isaiah.

I see my question is not clearly asked.
What I meant was - Is there anything of a vision or theme in [b]Revelation
which does not have any parallel anywhere ELSE in the BIble?

Okay, I ask because I can think of almost nothing in the book of Revelation that is not a re-cap, re- capitulati ...[text shortened]... hen you have this kind of key, the book really opens up.

That's been my limited experience.[/b]
That’s interesting.

As difficult and seemingly strange as Revelation is, it’s interesting that it confirms what precedes it instead of charting new ground.

Moves
12 May 18
1 edit

I'd be happy to know someone just has noticed the two places.
Oh please tell us sonship, please!
You know how we love your your wondrous wisdom and I don’t care if you read it in someone’s book.
Please tell us, I can’t stand the agony of not knowing.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
Oh please tell us sonship, please!
You know how we love your your wondrous wisdom and I don’t care if you read it in someone’s book.
Please tell us, I can’t stand the agony of not knowing.
Do I sense just a tad of sarcasm there?

Alert: No enthusiasm should be shown about spiritual matters, spiritual writings on the Spirituality Forum.

Dispassionate, near apathetic, calm and cool detached disinterest must be shown at all times - like " I REALLY don't need to be here liking the discussion matter."

See Divegeester for more details.

Moves
12 May 18
3 edits

I have freedom of thinking. And with that freedom, on some matters, I arrive at different opinions from you.
“The lost will be hung in chains of punishment as a warning to those on other worlds”

“the lost will glorify him (Jesus) in their endless woe”

Perhaps you were “freethinking” when you copy/pasted these putrid vomitous titbits from someone else’s book, in your defence of “freethinking” that Jesus would be personally overseeing the eternal torture of billions of souls while he supernaturally keeps them alive for eternity.

Your head is a mass of years of churchy sectarianism which has set into a corporate religious mind-lock of sometimes truly revolting doctrinal error and vanity.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
That’s interesting.

As difficult and seemingly strange as Revelation is, it’s interesting that it confirms what precedes it instead of charting new ground.
We could have some good fellowship. FMF and Divegeester have done their usual job to come in to poison the atmosphere.

If I can just ignore their intended distractions and attacks, we might have some enlightening constructive back and forth on this.

For some reason naming this thread "Taking Quality Questions ..." set me up for ridicule. Others are not suppose to benefit from one's extensive study here, unless it is for benefit against something of Christian spiritual faith.

F

Moves
12 May 18

We could have some good fellowship. FMF and Divegeester have done their usual job to come in to poison the atmosphere.
I asked you what the two things you were withholding were and you acted like your feathers had been ruffled. A few moments later someone else asked you what the two things you were withholding were and you congratulated them for asking and told them.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 May 18

[b]“The lost will be hung in chains of punishment as a warning to those on other worlds”

Perhaps you were “freethinking” when you copy/pasted these putrid vomitous titbits from someone else’s book, in your defence of “freethinking” that Jesus would be personally overseeing the eternal t ...[text shortened]... et into a corporate religious mind-lock of sometimes truly revolting doctrinal error and vanity.[/b]
Are you Ok, tiger? You seem very bellicose tonight.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 May 18

[b]“The lost will be hung in chains of punishment as a warning to those on other worlds”

Perhaps you were “freethinking” when you copy/pasted these putrid vomitous titbits from someone else’s book, in your defence of “freethinking” that Jesus would be personally overseeing the eternal t ...[text shortened]... et into a corporate religious mind-lock of sometimes truly revolting doctrinal error and vanity.[/b]
It could be that you're just whining because everyone is not as isolated, distrustful, and individualistically detached from the Body of Christ as yourself.

F

Moves
12 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonship to divegeester
It could be that you're just whining because everyone is not as isolated, distrustful, and individualistically detached from the Body of Christ as yourself.
Do you see yourself as a better Christian and closer to being like Jesus than divegeester?

Moves
12 May 18

Do you realise that your post here is a stawman argument, an adhominem insult, and a spiteful barbed jab all in one?

Moves
12 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
I asked you what the two things you were withholding were and you acted like your feathers had been ruffled. A few moments later someone else asked you what the two things you were withholding were and you congratulated them for asking and told them.
Perhaps you didn’t use the magic word...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 May 18
1 edit

Romans1009,

I considered John's reaction of worship in chapters 19 and 22. I think in both instances the victory of the saints over all the opposing forces overwhelmed him. To see the future that first a bridal army clothed in the righteous deeds of the saints accompanying Christ at Armegeddon astounded him.

In spite of all the opposition of the enemy through the ages Christ secures for Himself a remnant of overcoming victors may have been an overwhelming prophetic vision. It caused him to collapse in grateful adoration.

The same occurs at seeing the final victory of all the saints after the end of the ages in the New Jerusalem. Such total vanquishing of all the forces against God's kingdom and Christ's church may have been astounding to the seerer.

Anyway this aspect of total victory of Christ WITH His saints is the coupling link I noticed between Rev. 19 and 22. It is the overcoming of the believers through the grace of Christ which must prevail - first with a remnant before the millennial kingdom and then with the totality of His saints at the commencement of the eternal age.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 May 18
2 edits

Romans1009, If you notice in chapter 19 the wedding garment of the bride is also the fighting armor of the army. This is incredible.
Notice:

"Let us rejoice and exalt, and let us give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.

And it was given to her that she should be clothed in fine linen, bright and clean, for the fine linen is the righteousnesses of the saints.
(Rev. 19:7,8)

For the marriage celebration the corporate bride is clothed in fine linen bright and clean. This is for her union is LOVE.

Notice now the same clothing constitutes her fighting armor down a few verses latter.

"And the armies which are in heaven followed Him on white horses, dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

And out of His mouth proceeds a sharp sword, that with it He might smite the nations; and He will shepherd them with an iron rod; and He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty." (Rev. 19:14,15)

This really impressed me when it was shown to me.
Her garment for the love of the wedding feast is also her garment for being the army accompanying Christ to the defeat of Antichrist, his armies and the shepherding of the nations.

In verse 8 this unusual word righteousnesses means the righteous deeds or righteous acts. The clothing of the bride here is the righteous living of the saints.

The Recovery version has it righteousnesses of the saints.
Here how some other versions have noticed the word and attempt to bring out the meaning.

New International Version

Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear." (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God's holy people. )

New Living Translation
She has been given the finest of pure white linen to wear." For the fine linen represents the good deeds of God's holy people.

English Standard Version
it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.

Berean Study Bible
She was given clothing of fine linen, linen bright and pure." For the fine linen she wears is the righteous acts of the saints.

Berean Literal Bible
And it was given to her that she should be clothed in bright, pure, fine linen." For the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

New American Standard Bible
It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

Contemporary English Version
She will be given a wedding dress made of pure and shining linen. This linen stands for the good things God's people have done."

Good News Translation
She has been given clean shining linen to wear." (The linen is the good deeds of God's people.)

Holman Christian Standard Bible
She was given fine linen to wear, bright and pure. For the fine linen represents the righteous acts of the saints.

International Standard Version
She has been given the privilege of wearing fine linen, dazzling and pure." (The fine linen represents the righteous deeds of the saints.

I am happy to see that other translations have fine tuned the King James Version. It is not the righteousness of the saints but the righteousnessES (righteous deeds or righteous acts) of the saints.

When people like Rajk999 taunt us for believing in Justification of Faith this is one verse we can get around to. It shows that upon the positional righteousness of justification by faith God desires AND WILL HAVE overcomers whose deeds flow out of righteous living.

And these overcomers will be the remnant at the second coming and throughout the millennium. They also will be the totality of ALL who have been saved by the time of the end of the millennium in the age of the new universe.

Do look up Revelation 19:8 at Bible Hub.