1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '18 12:37
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    If you consider wisdom as just beads, or indeed, just beads as wisdom, then that explains a lot.
    Well I don’t, so it doesn’t.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 May '18 12:51
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Not sure. Sheep is for Christians, but for atheists you might want to ask Rajk. He might say goat. I don't know.
    According to my friend google, these are the top ten smartest animals, so I guess 'the atheist' must be represented by one of them:

•Chimpanzees.
    •Bottlenose Dolphins.
    •Elephants.
    •African Grey Parrots.
    •Rats.
    •Crows.
    •Dogs.
    •Pigeons.
    •Pigs.
    •Octopuses
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '18 12:57
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Not sure. Sheep is for Christians, but for atheists you might want to ask Rajk. He might say goat. I don't know.
    The sheep of Christ are those who follow his commandments.
    They hear his voice
    They follow him
    He gives them eternal life.

Christians dont hear the voice of Christ
    They do not preach that one must follow the commandments
    He may not give them eternal life

Christ will judge, some Christians will be sheep and some will not.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '18 12:59
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    According to my friend google, these are the top ten smartest animals, so I guess 'the atheist' must be represented by one of them:

•Chimpanzees.
    •Bottlenose Dolphins.
    •Elephants.
    •African Grey Parrots.
    •Rats.
    •Crows.
    •Dogs.
    •Pigeons.
    •Pigs.
    •Octopuses
    Nice list. but its about following Jesus.
    There are some atheists who live by the law written in their hearts
    Their conscience is their guide
    Some will enter the Kingdom of God
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 May '18 14:05
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Nice list. but its about following Jesus.
    There are some atheists who live by the law written in their hearts
    Their conscience is their guide
    Some will enter the Kingdom of God
    Well, that's certainly my backup plan. 🙂

In the meantime, I'm an octopus.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '18 14:11
    Well, that's certainly my backup plan. 🙂

In the meantime, I'm an octopus.
    I hope its not octopussy .. lol

Anyway, live by these words of Christ and Christ will find you:

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
    Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
    Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
    Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
    (Matthew 5:3-9 KJV)
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '18 15:17
    Have you not already presented the opinion of Watchman Nee on Revelation?
    What makes you think people want to hear more?
    Because there is much more to hear. Maybe not everyone is as dead stuck on one obsession as you are.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '18 15:25
    The inauguration of Christ as the exalted Lord is a past event which took place at the ascension of Christ. This past event is portrayed in Revelation in chapter 5.

This is John's vision of the things which took place in heaven at the ascension of Christ.

The fact that John wept when no one was found worthy to open the books with the seven seals indicates probably that that was on John's mind as he was exiled on the Island of Patmos, That is, with he being the last surviving of the original twelve apostles, he must have been concerned for the future of the church, Israel, and the world.

John on Patmos is like Daniel praying and fasting for revelation in the book of Daniel. John wept that no one could unveil the revelation until Christ the Lion/Lamb appeared to take the scroll and open its seven seals.

Read that wonderful chapter 5.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 May '18 15:34
    Originally posted by @sonship
    The inauguration of Christ as the exalted Lord is a past event which took place at the ascension of Christ. This past event is portrayed in [b]Revelation in chapter 5.

This is John's vision of the things which took place in heaven at the ascension of Christ.

The fact that John wept when no one was found worthy to open the books with the seven sea ...[text shortened]... on/Lamb appeared to take the scroll and open its seven seals.

Read that wonderful chapter 5.[/b]
    Any idea what is inside the book?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '18 15:511 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Because there is much more to hear. Maybe not everyone is as dead stuck on one obsession as you are.
    You make me laugh.
    My obsession leads to life
    Yours to death.

I have far more knowledge that you think
    I just dont think that its important.
    If you fail at understanding what Jesus Christ said about eternal life then all your knowledge is for nothing.
    You will be cast out of the Kingdom of God
    with all your knowledge of Revelation.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '18 15:532 edits
    Any idea what is inside the book?
    The contents of the book of Revelation are disclosed with the opening of the seven seals.

The first seal opened is of the white horse with a rider and a bow and a golden crown going forth. This represents the going forth of the gospel. No, it is not Christ. No, it is not antichrist. It is the victorious going forth of the gospel of Christ.

"And I saw when the Lamb oipened one o the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying ike the sound of thunder, Come.

And I saw, and behold, a white horse, and he who sits on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went forth conquering and to conquer." (Rev. 6:1)

This vision includes past ages to today. It includes the time of the preaching of the Gospel from the book of Acts down even to today. The first thing important to God in human history is that the good news of Jesus Christ is going forth in victory.

The rider has a bow but no mention of an arrow is made. This may imply that the arrow was already shot into the enemy. Now the gospel of peace is proclaimed as Christ's work of redemption has already dealt a death stroke into the heart of Satan.

I have only spoken to the first of the seven seals here. It includes things PAST as well as things going on now.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '18 15:591 edit
    I might as well save some of you really interested folks some time.

Get the Recovery Version of the New Testament with study notes. Why wait for a poster like me to piece meal deliver these riches over a long period of time.

No, I did not say the RcV's footnotes were the ONLY avenue of insight. But I recommend the Recovery Version with spectacular study notes all written by Brother Witness Lee.

Have you ever heard that the rider on the horse with the golden crown was a personified preaching of the gospel of grace throughout the world? I never heard that. And I got convinced of its superior quality of interpretation.

Before I always heard that that rider was Antichrist.
    No, no, no.

That is the gospel crowned with glory being spread through the earth as the FIRST of the horses in what seems like a FOUR horse race.

http://www.recoveryversion.bible/

You can get the New Testament free (for you just salivating to accuse me of selling. I know you are. )

http://biblesforamerica.org/
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '18 16:101 edit
    Chapter Four is rich in showing that God created all things for His will. This means God first had a purpose, a plan, a will and desire. Based on that He created all things FOR His eternal purpose.

That is what I think is indicated in the closing verse of chapter 4.

" You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, for You have created all things, and because of Your will they were, and were created." (Rev. 4:11 RcV )

Maybe someone prefers another good English translation (or paraphrase) of Rev. 4:11? ("grumble, grumble, your favorite Bible, sonship, grumble grumble" )

King James Bible
    Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Christian Standard Bible
    Our Lord and God, you are worthy to receive glory and honor and power, because you have created all things, and by your will they exist and were created.

Contemporary English Version
    "Our Lord and God, you are worthy to receive glory, honor, and power. You created all things, and by your decision they are and were created."

Good News Translation
    "Our Lord and God! You are worthy to receive glory, honor, and power. For you created all things, and by your will they were given existence and life."

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    Our Lord and God, You are worthy to receive glory and honor and power, because You have created all things, and because of Your will they exist and were created.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '18 16:171 edit
    You make me laugh.
    My obsession leads to life
    Yours to death.

I have far more knowledge that you think
    I just dont think that its important.
    If you fail at understanding what Jesus Christ said about eternal life then all your knowledge is for nothing.
    You will be cast out of the Kingdom of God
    with all your knowledge of Revelation.
    Do you know God ?
    You say there is no such thing as a relationship with God in the Bible.

So I assume that you do not know God because for you there is no such thing as a relationship with God.

I know God.
    I need to know God more.
    But I would be lying if I said that I had no relationship of knowing God.

Don't tell me how you keep all the commandments.
    Just confess that you have or do not have a relationship with God.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '18 16:231 edit
    Don't listen to Rajk999's nonsense about there being no relationship with God in the Bible. This is beyond inept.

Romans 8 is all about the intimate, loving, following, communing relationship between a son of God and her Father. In fact God is called Daddy, Abba, or Papa in most intimate terms of endearment and fellowship.

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

For you have not received a spirit of slavery bringing you into fear again, but you have received a spirit of sonship, in which we cry, Abba Father!

The Spirit Himself witnesses with our spirit that we are children of God." (Rom. 8:14-16)

Do you want to know what this has to do with Revelation ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree