1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 20:142 edits
    Originally posted by Agerg[/i]
    Btw...

In 1983, Saddam Hussein started rebuilding the city on top of the old ruins (because of this, artifacts and other finds may well be under the city by now), investing in both restoration and new construction. He inscribed his name on many of the bricks in imitation of Nebuchadnezzar. One frequent inscription reads: "This was built by Saddam Hussein rg/wiki/Babylon

looks like your claim it will never be inhabited agains is coming false
    err except Saddam is dead, dont you know and it remains uninhabited - read it and weep!
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 20:151 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    err except Saddam is dead, dont you know and it remains uninhabited - read it and weep!
    Read it again, the part I bolded. Here I'll post that bit for you:

An article published in April 2006 states that UN officials and Iraqi leaders have plans for restoring Babylon, making it into a cultural center.[38][39]

As of May 2009, the provincial government of Babil has reopened the site to tourism.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 20:15
    i have provided sixteen Biblical references, you would think that someone other than
    penguin would make reference to at least one of them in their arguments, but noooooo!
    I made reference to all of them. If you wanted one singled out you should have posted one, not 16.
    But you dismiss my reference as 'generalities'.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 20:15
    Originally posted by Agerg
    erm, lemme think... Some war monger with a crap load of spear wielding minions to command figured he'd make the prophecy come true??? 😕
    why dont you start with one of the references that was given to you, you may do better.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 20:17

[b]An article published in April 2006 states that UN officials and Iraqi leaders have plans for restoring Babylon, making it into a cultural center.[38][39]

As of May 2009, the provincial government of Babil has reopened the site to tourism.
    [/b]
    to tourism Agers, to tourism, it remains uninhabited unless of course you want to state that Stonehenge is also inhabited as well.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 20:181 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I made reference to all of them. If you wanted one singled out you should have posted one, not 16.
    But you dismiss my reference as 'generalities'.
    yes that because they were, sowwy generalities are not good enough, there were specific references provided, we expect specifics in return.
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 20:18
    why dont you start with one of the references that was given to you, you may do better.
    Why don't you detail how the prophecy was fulfilled again so that I can pull you up on your own words. Anything with a human element to it like this is easy to explain away. Humans can be stupid, and they can be dicks!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 20:191 edit
    Why don't you detail how the prophecy was fulfilled again so that I can pull you up on your own words. Anything with a human element to it like this is easy to explain away. Humans can be stupid, and they can be dicks!
    i have done so once, i will not do so again. You can go to the first reference in the thread.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 20:21
    to tourism Agers, to tourism, it remains uninhabited unless of course you want to state that Stonehenge is also inhabited as well.
    How many inhabitants would be required for you to admit that the Bible is has an error and the prophesy was not fulfilled?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 20:22
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    How many inhabitants would be required for you to admit that the Bible is has an error and the prophesy was not fulfilled?
    how many inhabitants understood general relativity before it was published, did that make it a bad idea?
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 20:252 edits
    i have done so once, i will not do so again. You can go to the first reference in the thread.
    I really can't be arsed sifting through a load of Bible chapter references without the accompanying text. Build it and they will come ;]

If a prophecy says nation X will be destroyed in Y years time then some pillock with a sword (or spear or whatever), with a crowd of minions at his back, in a violent age deciding to make it come true is not remarkable - not in the slightest.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 20:31
    how many inhabitants understood general relativity before it was published, did that make it a bad idea?
    Well that sure looks like a response to twhitehead's post...not seeing the relevance though 😕
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 20:43

[b]An article published in April 2006 states that UN officials and Iraqi leaders have plans for restoring Babylon, making it into a cultural center.[38][39]

[/b]
    All that remains of the original ancient famed city of Babylon today is a mound, or tell, of broken mud-brick buildings and debris in the fertile Mesopotamian plain between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

The above is a quote from the on-line encyclopedia Wikipedia.

No mention of anyone living there today.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 20:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    All that remains of the original ancient famed city of Babylon today is a mound, or tell, of broken mud-brick buildings and debris in the fertile Mesopotamian plain between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

The above is a quote from the on-line encyclopedia Wikipedia.

No mention of anyone living there today.
    I ask you the same question:
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 21:04
    yes that because they were, sowwy generalities are not good enough, there were specific references provided, we expect specifics in return.
    Not good enough for what? My generality was specific to all your references.

Each of your references specifically refer to prophesies whose results are reported by writers who knew the specific prophesies. This applies specifically to every specific reference you gave specifically in your first post in this thread.

I refer you to the following specific verses:
    1. Isaiah 7:14 - Christ born of a virgin - Matthew 1:18-23
    2. Jeremiah 31:15 - Babes killed after Christ's birth - Matthew 2:16-18
    3. Micah 5:2 - Born in Bethlehem - Luke 2:1-7
    4. Psalm 132:11 - David's descendent - Matthew 1:1-16
    5. Psalm 41:9; 109:8 - One unfaithful apostle - Acts 1:15-20
    6. Zechariah 11:12 - Betrayed for thirty pieces of silver - Matthew 26:14, 15
    7. Psalm 27:12- false witness given against - Matthew 26:59-61
    8. Psalm 22:18 - Lots cast for his garments - John 19:23, 24
    9. Isaiah 53:12 - Numbered with sinners - Matthew 27:38
    10. Psalm 22:7, 8 - Reviled while dying - Mark 15:29-32
    11. Psalm 69:21 - Given vinegar - Mark 15:23, 36
    12. Zechariah 12:10 - pierced - John 19:34, 37
    13. Isaiah 53:9 - Buried with the rich - Matthew 27:57-60

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree