1. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '11 17:351 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Far more plausible than virgin births, magic gardens etc... Doesn't require any appeals to the supernatural, simply an appeal to human nature ;]
    here is a scripture for you dear Agers,

(Acts 13:41) . . .‘Behold it, you scorners, and wonder at it, and vanish away, because I
    am working a work in your days, a work that you will by no means believe even if
    anyone relates it to you in detail.’”

🙂
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    21 Apr '11 18:094 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    here is a scripture for you dear Agers,

(Acts 13:41) . . .‘Behold it, you scorners, and wonder at it, and vanish away, because I
    am working a work in your days, a work that you will by no means believe even if
    anyone relates it to you in detail.’”

🙂
    If you could present a specific prophecy with no potential human engineering element: for example a natural disaster with an account of where it would happen (in unambiguous detail), a break down of the damage applied to each area (from least affected to worst affected), when it would happen (to the nearest week say), what would be the nature of the natural disaster (again in specific detail such that it could not be identified with anything else), and an accurate number (to the nearest 10, say) of people who died in it

Along with firm, falsifiable, secular evidence that such occured then I'd be slightly more challenged to shake it off.

The rubbish prophecies you've hit us so far don't cut it. I'm just not as gullible as you ;]
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Apr '11 19:26
    naturally Herod was Roman vassal, who ruled prior to the destruction of Jerusalem by
    the Romans. He was ruling at the time of Christ, the Romans never destroyed
    Jerusalem until 70CE almost seventy years after he was dead.
    So where then is a reference to support your claim? I am looking for a reference that supports your claim that most Jews kept records of ancestry in the public domain.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '11 20:43
    If you could present a specific prophecy with no potential human engineering element: for example a natural disaster with an account of where it would happen (in unambiguous detail), a break down of the damage applied to each area (from least affected to worst affected), when it would happen (to the nearest week say), what would be the nature of the natural di ...[text shortened]... The rubbish prophecies you've hit us so far don't cut it. I'm just not as gullible as you ;]
    You are definitely included in with scorners.
    No doubt about it.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '11 20:45
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So where then is a reference to support your claim? I am looking for a reference that supports your claim that most Jews kept records of ancestry in the public domain.
    Read the history books and stop wasting his time with these
    idiotic questions.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '11 20:581 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The prophecy of the seventy sevens or seventy weeks given to
    Daniel by the angel Gabriel pinpoints the time when the Messiah
    would come. (Daniel 9:24-27) I will quote one verse at a time then
    give the meaning of it and how it was fulfilled.

Daniel 9:24 - Seventy weeks (sevens) have been decreed for your people
    (meaning Israel) an This appears to be the same
    idea as expressed in Daniel 9:24 of the prophecy.
    Interesting, how do you arrive at the date 457BCE for the beginning of the reign of
    Artaxeres, I always understood it to be 455 BCE, the only other person that I heard
    state that it was 457 BCE was a lady from Grenada, a seventh day adventist with
    whom i used to study the Bible with.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '11 22:11
    Interesting, how do you arrive at the date 457BCE for the beginning of the reign of
    Artaxeres, I always understood it to be 455 BCE, the only other person that I heard
    state that it was 457 BCE was a lady from Grenada, a seventh day adventist with
    whom i used to study the Bible with.
    I researched it in the local library here. I did not find 455 B.C mentioned
    in any source I looked at. It was between 457 and 458 B.C. The evidence
    for 457 B.C seemed more convincing. And also when I used it in the
    seventy-weeks prophecy it worked out with the other dates I had become
    to believe were correct. I looked it up in history sources, not relgious sources.
    The Holy Bible is my religious source.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '11 22:16
    I researched it in the local library here. I did not find 455 B.C mentioned
    in any source I looked at. It was between 457 and 458 B.C. The evidence
    for 457 B.C seemed more convincing. And also when I used it in the
    seventy-weeks prophecy it worked out with the other dates I had become
    to believe were correct. I looked it up in history sources, not relgious sources.
    The Holy Bible is my religious source.
    I noticed you said the beginning of the reign. That was 464 B.C.
    The 457 B.C. date is the beginning of the prophecy in the 7th year
    of his reign.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '11 10:49
    If you could present a specific prophecy with no potential human engineering element: for example a natural disaster with an account of where it would happen (in unambiguous detail), a break down of the damage applied to each area (from least affected to worst affected), when it would happen (to the nearest week say), what would be the nature of the natural di ...[text shortened]... The rubbish prophecies you've hit us so far don't cut it. I'm just not as gullible as you ;]
    I'm just not as gullible as you,

nor as spiritual it seems! 😛
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '11 10:56
    I noticed you said the beginning of the reign. That was 464 B.C.
    The 457 B.C. date is the beginning of the prophecy in the 7th year
    of his reign.
    During the 20th year of his reign (455 B.C.E.), Artaxerxes Longimanus granted
    permission to Nehemiah to return to Jerusalem to rebuild the walls and gates of the
    city. (Ne 2:1-8) Because this is referred to at Daniel 9:25 as relating to the time of
    the promised coming of the Messiah, the date of Artaxerxes 20th year is very
    important.

we have always understood the twentieth year as to be 455 BCE

rather interestingly wikipedia states that the twentieth year is 445 BCE a decade of a
    difference.

In Artaxerxes' 20th year (445 B.C.), Nehemiah, the king's cupbearer, apparently
    was also a friend of the king as in that year Artaxerxes inquired after Nehemiah's
    sadness. Nehemiah related to him the plight of the Jewish people and that the city
    of Jerusalem was undefended. The king sent Nehemiah to Jerusalem with letters of
    safe passage to the governors in Trans-Euphrates, and to Asaph, keeper of the
    royal forests, to make beams for the citadel by the Temple and to rebuild the city
    walls

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artaxerxes_I_of_Persia
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    22 Apr '11 11:00
    I'm just not as gullible as you,

nor as spiritual it seems! 😛
    So no *decent* prophecies to offer then - I thought not!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '11 11:07
    So no *decent* prophecies to offer then - I thought not!
    i have given you sixteen already, it is enough for an atheist noob like you to be getting
    on with. RJHinds has also offered a rather deeper one, which i thought was too meaty
    for siblings like you and twithead, you need milk Agers, not solid food. 😉
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Apr '11 11:501 edit
    Read the history books and stop wasting his time with these
    idiotic questions.
    So you don't like to be called dishonest, yet you call people liars, mouth pieces of Satan, and now idiotic. And you call yourself a Christian? You clearly haven't bothered to read what Christ had to say. You are really a Paulian who thinks he can do whatever he likes and will be forgiven because of Christs sacrifice.
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    22 Apr '11 11:52
    i have given you sixteen already, it is enough for an atheist noob like you to be getting
    on with. RJHinds has also offered a rather deeper one, which i thought was too meaty
    for siblings like you and twithead, you need milk Agers, not solid food. 😉
    16 daft prophecies more like! Too easy to be written true or engineered true by humans.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 03:52
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you don't like to be called dishonest, yet you call people liars, mouth pieces of Satan, and now idiotic. And you call yourself a Christian? You clearly haven't bothered to read what Christ had to say. You are really a Paulian who thinks he can do whatever he likes and will be forgiven because of Christs sacrifice.
    If you have any knowledge of what Jesus the Christ had to say,
    you apparently did not understand the meaning of what He said.
    I understand you are an atheist. That's enough proof for me that
    you lack understanding. Judge yourself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree