1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 13:20
    If your god never disagrees with you, you might just be worshiping an idealized version of yourself. Tim Keller
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 13:24
    @kellyjay said
    If your god never disagrees with you, you might just be worshiping an idealized version of yourself. Tim Keller
    The problem with your torturer god is that the ideology attached to it is morally incoherent, not that it isn't "agreeable".
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 13:33
    ESV Proverbs 27: 19-22
    As in water face reflects face, so the heart of man reflects the man. Sheol and
    Abaddon are never satisfied, and never satisfied are the eyes of man. The crucible
    is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and a man is tested by his praise. Crush a
    fool in a mortar with a pestle along with crushed grain, yet his folly will not depart
    from him.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 16:06
    @kellyjay said
    Abaddon are never satisfied, and never satisfied are the eyes of man. The crucible
    is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and a man is tested by his praise. Crush a
    fool in a mortar with a pestle along with crushed grain, yet his folly will not depart
    from him.
    Is this some sort of thinly veiled insult aimed at people who think you are intellectually dishonest?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 16:111 edit
    It is worth thinking about what 'morally incoherent' really means within a context of moral relativism.

The argument simply crumbles when you really start to think about the implications of the claim made by FMF.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 16:14
    @divegeester said
    Is this some sort of thinly veiled insult aimed at people who think you are intellectually dishonest?
    Your opinion of me would have to matter to me for me to be affected by it.

What this is aimed at is to those that think if God is real He would act like they
    think He should, or if God is real these things should never happen and these
    should. This is the god between their ears, if He were real, He and everything
    about this universe would fit in this box they have created of how the universe
    should look in their eyes.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 16:17
    @kellyjay said
    from him.
    "Fool"?

I see what you did there.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 16:20
    @kellyjay said
    Why are you telling me this! Here is the question I asked you..

Is this (your previous post) some sort of thinly veiled insult aimed at people who think you are intellectually dishonest?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 16:21
    @fmf said
    "Fool"?

Yep I saw it to.

🙂
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 16:35
    @fmf said
    "Fool"?

Yes quoted scripture.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 16:47
    @kellyjay said
    Yes quoted scripture.
    Well done.

"Follly"?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 16:49
    @kellyjay said
    Yes quoted scripture.
    Wow you must be a powerhouse Christian to be able to copy paste a scripture with an insult in it.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 16:50
    @kellyjay said

What this is aimed at is to those that think if God is real He would act like they

The vast majority of Christians use the Bible to create a god in their own image. You disingenuously act as if it doesn't apply to you.

The Bible is what it is. The Bible is widely open to interpretation and contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions. Though most refuse to admit it, they pick and choose the verses and passages that support their beliefs and dismiss those that don't and often do so in a most disingenuous manner. You are as disingenuous about it as it gets.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 16:51
    @divegeester said
    Wow you must be a powerhouse Christian to be able to copy paste a scripture with an insult in it.
    If the shoe fits, wear it.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 16:54
    @kellyjay said
    That God tortures people for eternity with the worst pain imaginable, commits genocide, deliberately made giving birth painful to women and made them subject men, created people for wrath (meaning they were doomed to hell before they were even born) etc., etc.....none of this disproves the existence of God.

It does, however, disprove the Bible's claims about God; e.g., that he's loving, cares for us, etc. Basically, these attributes make a case for not believing any of the Bible's claims about god, including that he even exists.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree