1. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 04:52
    Originally posted by Darfius
    I never said there weren't Christians elsewhere. I said that we are the last nation to have a majority of people call themselves Christians (though most just do it out of habit).

And how does it make more of a problem in relation to God and the Bible?
    You said "The United States is the last bastion of Christianity". Please do not contradict yourself. l am sure you know what last bastion means.

Perhaps a better (and by what l have seen and read) statement would be 'The United States is the NEW bastion of Christianity'
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 04:55
    I don't see how it follows that because he executed atheists he wasn't one.

Have you seen the secret conversations of Hitler published by Oxford professors? He's clearly an atheist.
    Uhm . . . no. Would you mind pointing me toward the secret conversations? Not saying that they don't exist. It's just that they are a "secret" to me. Thanks.
  3. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 04:58
    Originally posted by nook7
    You said "The United States is the last bastion of Christianity". Please do not contradict yourself. l am sure you know what last bastion means.

Perhaps a better (and by what l have seen and read) statement would be 'The United States is the NEW bastion of Christianity'
    Look up the definition of bastion. Does it imply that there would be NO Christians elsewhere?
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 04:591 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Fascinating. Is this regardless of where it is being conducted? Would you sing the Germanic Agnus Dei at a service at St. Peter's?
    I demand an answer to my inquiry. Don't make me call you out in the Site Ideas forum! I'll do it, I swear I will!

-------------------------------------------------

Attn: RHP Administration
    RE: A new Site Idea

I propose that Nemesio should be banned from claiming that he is a choir director if he continues to be uncooperative in our arcane discussion of Latin dialects used in Catholic services. I believe the ToS should be thusly amended to make it perfectly clear that this is not acceptable behavior.

Thank you for your prompt attention in this matter.

A concerned member,
    Dr. S
  5. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 05:01
    Originally posted by telerion
    Uhm . . . no. Would you mind pointing me toward the secret conversations? Not saying that they don't exist. It's just that they are a "secret" to me. Thanks.
    http://kevin.davnet.org/articles/table.html
  6. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 05:02
    Look up the definition of bastion. Does it imply that there would be NO Christians elsewhere?
    LOL,

No but you were!

7. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 05:04
    Originally posted by nook7
    LOL,

No but you were!

Now you're projecting your thoughts into my mouth. Is this a debate or a monologue?
  8. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 05:12
    Now you're projecting your thoughts into my mouth. Is this a debate or a monologue?
    Well, that would depend on wether you admit that you can easily read an inference from your statement in question.

If l say "Japan is the Last bastion of good sushi" people understand that l am not saying there is no sushi anywhere else, but that the only good sushi is in Japan.

Your statement in MY opinion clearly says America is the only hope (so to speak) for Christianity.

Monologue over.
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 05:38
    I demand an answer to my inquiry. Don't make me call you out in the Site Ideas forum! I'll do it, I swear I will!

-------------------------------------------------

Attn: RHP Administration
    RE: A new Site Idea

I propose that Nemesio should be banned from claiming that he is a choir director if he continues to be uncooperative in our arc ...[text shortened]... behavior.

Thank you for your prompt attention in this matter.

A concerned member,
    Dr. S
    Don't F with me, Nemesio. I'll take it to Site Ideas if I have to.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 05:41
    A choir director in the First Satan Church if Darfius is to be believed and all he says is what he gets from God him/her/it self!
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 05:43
    Time my post out.

😛

To answer your question: yes, if I were doing the Agnus Dei from
    Bach's b minor Mass at St Peter's Basilica in V.C., then I would do ask
    my choir to render the text using Germanic Latin. As a musicologist
    working on his dissertation, I would be remiss not to do so.

Nemesio
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 05:58
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Time my post out.

😛

To answer your question: yes, if I were doing the Agnus Dei from
    Bach's b minor Mass at St Peter's Basilica in V.C., then I would do ask
    my choir to render the text using Germanic Latin. As a musicologist
    working on his dissertation, I would be remiss not to do so.

Nemesio
    I see. So was the Catholic Church primarily responsible for the arisal of these Latin dialects, or did it simply make use of them as already existing in the foreign cultures?

13. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 06:47
    I see. So was the Catholic Church primarily responsible for the arisal of these Latin dialects, or did it simply make use of them as already existing in the foreign cultures?
    Well, with the influx of the so-called barbarian invasions (which was really more of a
    nomad relocation), the various different perversified Latin dialects (like French and
    Italian) got even more screwed up. The Mass texts were preserved through oral transmission
    rather than written. It wasn't until the late 8th-early 9th centuries that, under Charlemagne,
    the various different texts were standarized and written down.

And, when they were, they were 'read' in using the regional dialects. Latin, as such, was
    already a relatively dead language for the purposes of intra-cultural interaction, but
    was the lingua franca for inter-cultural interaction (what later became known
    as the Roman Catholic Church was the only church in the west).

So, it's kind of like listening to a German person speak English; s/he pronouncing things
    'oddly' (e.g., 'Vat are you doing?'😉 but it is still English. This is the case with Germanic
    Latin. Italianate Latin is considered the 'standard' way, but that is simply because the
    Holy See was located in an Italian region.

Nemesio
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 11:241 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    A choir director in the First Satan Church if Darfius is to be believed and all he says is what he gets from God him/her/it self!
    a possible conversation between a follower of the bull god's Anti-Christ and Christ.

Darfius :" the whoring women went to hell ..."

Christ : " Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree