The anti-crowd ......

The anti-crowd ......

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
09 Mar 05

Originally posted by Darfius
Start a new thread or don't expect an answer.
I dont expect you to answer my post to Nemesio. or any of my posts.
It's not my worry that you dont like the truth obout your bull god.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Mar 05
2 edits

You're making assumptions based on a belief God doesn't exist. If God exists, and He chose to pass judgement on the whorish women through the Israelites, how can you say He was wrong in that? Why is your moral code better than God's?
...[text shortened]... were corrupted by evil. Just like there are 12 tribes of Israel.
I won't argue about the raping because I've already covered this ground in "Sickening Bible Stories" and because you won't present any arguments; "just oh no no the Godly men wouldn't have"! Why "only 20,000 boys if there were 32,000 girls; most primitive tribes have higher numbers of boys then girls. Why were the woman "whorish"? What makes you think they average 4 children, all young per couple? Were there no old man who couldn't fight? 100, 000 is a conservative number!

So we have a gigantic mass murder, than ONLY the virgin girls were spared (why not the non-virgins if they weren't going to have sex with the virgins anyway) and they are "given" to the bloodthirsty conquerors. And what happens then? Rape and sexual enslavement. And it would have been alright cuz your God "gave" the girls to our heroes and they were "purified" by some ritual.

You're a complete fool if you think people who would slit the throats of children would have any qualms about raping! Get real. There was nothing "merciful" about them being spared to be raped the rest of their lives. And I repeat, I know of no ancient peoples who usually put the entire enemy population to death; even captured soldiers were usually spared though enslaved. The cruelty of the Israelites in the Old Testament is unique in ancient writings. No wonder why they had to invent a God to justify it.

And my moral code is better than your God's because I would never, NEVER slaughter a child in cold blood.

The Apologist

Moves
09 Mar 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
I won't argue about the raping because I've already covered this ground in "Sickening Bible Stories" and because you won't present any arguments; "just oh no no the Godly men wouldn't have"! Why "only 20,000 boys if there were 32,000 girls; most primitive tribes have higher numbers of boys then girls. Why were the woman "whorish"? What ...[text shortened]... is unique in ancient writings. No wonder why they had to invent a God to justify it.

Can't talk anymore because you're not willing to look at evidence without being bias.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Mar 05

Can't talk anymore because you're not willing to look at evidence without being bias.
What a laugh! And is case you missed my edit: My moral code is better than your God's because I would never, NEVER slaughter a child in cold blood.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
10 Mar 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
What a laugh! And is case you missed my edit: My moral code is better than your God's because I would never, NEVER slaughter a child in cold blood.

Unless of course it is an unborn child.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
10 Mar 05

I could care less what modern society thinks. If I did, I would listen to rap loud enough to impair my hearing later in life, riding in a car I bought with money I should have invested, selling anything I could for drugs.
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean! People that buy cars are so stupid! They probably just want to do something ridiculous like commute to work so they can get more money, then turn around around and fritter it away on even more worthless stuff like houses, cars, groceries and bills. I can't believe they're not smart enough to invest their money.

Sheesh.

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
10 Mar 05

16 The LORD said to Moses, 17 "Treat the Midianites as enemies and kill them, 18 because they treated you as enemies when they deceived you in the affair of Peor and their sister Cozbi, the daughter of a Midianite leader, the woman who was killed when the plague came as a result of Peor." Numbers 25

Am I missing something? I thought the LORD was all merciful and loving?

"Thou Shalt Not Kill (except if I am feeling cross then you can do whatever slaughter that I tell you to," said the LORD.

"What? You think I am a hypocrite?" said the LORD when hearing the masses complaining about the lack of clarity in his commandments. "I am the LORD. I can do what I want. I am all unknowing and mysterious and cannot be known by mere mortals such as you. So stop it at once trying to understand my ways. Anyway, if the LORD wishes to be a hypocrite, he can be."

And the LORD headed back to his BBQ with Lucifer who had popped up for a chat about the noisy atheists who were keeping him awake with all their incessant babble about hypocrisy.

The Apologist

Moves
10 Mar 05

Originally posted by Maustrauser

Am I missing something? I thought the LORD was all merciful and loving?

"Thou Shalt Not Kill (except if I am feeling cross then you can do whatever slaughter that I tell you to," said the LORD.

"What? You think I am a hypocrite?" said the LORD when hearing the masses complaining about the lack of clarity in his commandments. "I am the LO ...[text shortened]... e noisy atheists who were keeping him awake with all their incessant babble about hypocrisy.

What is earthly life to an eternal being? He cares about our eternal lives. The Midianites were headed to hell in a hand basket. He sent some there sooner rather than later and saved some of their souls.

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
10 Mar 05

What is earthly life to an eternal being? He cares about our eternal lives. The Midianites were headed to hell in a hand basket. He sent some there sooner rather than later and saved some of their souls.
"G'day God. I am an atheist and thus am headed for hell. Could you please treat me like the Midianites and slaughter me so that I can have my soul saved?"

"You must be joking. Why would I want you up HERE, with ME?" spake the LORD.
"Well, your handmaiden Darfius tells me that you care about my eternal life, so I thought you might be so kind as to slaughter me."

"Did he now? Well of course, being an ALL KNOWING LORD, I know that's what he said. But I'm sorry, you shall have suffer some more of his irrational preaching before I will even consider saving your soul. Now go and return to disbelieving in ME."

THUS SPAKE THE LORD

The Apologist

Moves
10 Mar 05

Originally posted by Maustrauser
"G'day God. I am an atheist and thus am headed for hell. Could you please treat me like the Midianites and slaughter me so that I can have my soul saved?"

"You must be joking. Why would I want you up HERE, with ME?" spake the LORD.
"Well, your handmaiden Darfius tells me that you care about my eternal life, so I thought you might be so kind ...[text shortened]... en consider saving your soul. Now go and return to disbelieving in ME."

THUS SPAKE THE LORD
The whorish women went to hell. The male children went to heaven. If they had grown up, most of them would have gone to hell.

Are you saying they should have let the male children grow up so they could make a conscious decision to go against God and go to hell???

Monster.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
10 Mar 05

The whorish women went to hell. The male children went to heaven. If they had grown up, most of them would have gone to hell.

Are you saying they should have let the male children grow up so they could make a conscious decision to go against God and go to hell???

Monster.
Go serve your bull god and stop insulting Christ

n

Moves
10 Mar 05

Monster.
Hi Darfius,

Isn't your statement a good excuse for people to practice abortion?

If an unborn foetus (to parents who are not practising Christians) is terminated, it is by your definition going to heaven and spared a long life followed by a journey to hell.

What do you think?

The Apologist

Moves
10 Mar 05
1 edit

Originally posted by nook7
Hi Darfius,

Isn't your statement a good excuse for people to practice abortion?

If an unborn foetus (to parents who are not practising Christians) is terminated, it is by your definition going to heaven and spared a long life followed by a journey to hell.

What do you think?
The United States is the last bastion of Christianity in the world. Kids would most assuredly hear the name of Jesus here. They would go to Heaven, yes, but you would be taking away the gift of this life that God gave them.

Also, the doctors who perform abortions are murderers, and therefore are damned to hell lest they repent.

The Israelites were carrying out the justice of God. Doctors are carrying out the selfish wishes of loose mothers.

n

Moves
10 Mar 05

The United States is the last bastion of Christianity in the world. Kids would most assuredly hear the name of Jesus here. They would go to Heaven, yes, but you would be taking away the gift of this life that God gave them.

Also, the doctors who perform abortions are murderers, and therefore are damned to hell lest they repent.

The Israelites wer ...[text shortened]... carrying out the justice of God. Doctors are carrying out the selfish wishes of loose mothers.
Well that certainly makes more of a problem.

For starters l wasn't aware that the US was the last bastion of Christinaity in the world. l could have sworn many of my Baptist missionary relatives & the many other church folk who reside in Australia were good Christians. Is this your opinion or are you stating it as some kind of fact?

The Apologist

Moves
10 Mar 05

Originally posted by nook7
Well that certainly makes more of a problem.

For starters l wasn't aware that the US was the last bastion of Christinaity in the world. l could have sworn many of my Baptist missionary relatives & the many other church folk who reside in Australia were good Christians. Is this your opinion or are you stating it as some kind of fact?
I never said there weren't Christians elsewhere. I said that we are the last nation to have a majority of people call themselves Christians (though most just do it out of habit).

And how does it make more of a problem in relation to God and the Bible?