The Beginning Of Relgion

The Beginning Of Relgion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jul 17

Originally posted by Eladar
It is not an attack. It is a simple observation.
Yep

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
When you talk about teachings and leave the life of God out of the equation you make
the NT no different than the OT where God does not enter into our lives. Yes, we need
to obey Christ, but living by a set of teachings from a book is no different than living by
a set of rules written in stone. The partition between the Holy of Holies, and the Holy
plac ...[text shortened]... hey have nothing but the wrath of God to look forward to and it will be shed
upon them in full.
Here is my take on OT V NT: This god you worship, allegedly all knowing and omniscient and such.

Since it knew what was going to happen when the OT was written it also knew even then what was going to go on in the NT otherwise it is not in fact omniscient.

Knowing that, there would have not been a need to have written the NT since it could have easily adjusted things where it would have not been needed.

For instance in the flood tale, it is as if people understood this god to have somehow made a mistake killing all land life to get back at some nasty humans with which it had problems.

It would have had to have known way in advance the consequences of killing all land life and such before the universe was even manufactured.

So it would not have needed to do the drastic steps it took and the same with the tests listed like Ab being requested to kill his own son to prove loyalty, a human idea if ever I heard one, athropomorphzing what the writers would suppose a god would want as if it was just another stupid human who needed to learn from his or her mistakes.

A god would never make mistakes, that is to say, to perform acts it would later regret since regret is not a god function since it would never be in a situation it did not know well in advance and would therefore have nothing to regret.

And of course I fully expect someone to pull the "so now you know the mind of god' card.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jul 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
Here is my take on OT V NT: This god you worship, allegedly all knowing and omniscient and such.

Since it knew what was going to happen when the OT was written it also knew even then what was going to go on in the NT otherwise it is not in fact omniscient.

Knowing that, there would have not been a need to have written the NT since it could have easil ...[text shortened]... ret.

And of course I fully expect someone to pull the "so now you know the mind of god' card.
The thing that comes to mind is our choices if we had none your complaints are valid, since we do things have to play out.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
10 Jul 17

The OP is the Beginning of Religion, not some pathetic debate between Christians wanting to one up another Christian.
Christianity is NOT the beginning of religion. It is less than 2000 years old. It is not the oldest.
Christianity is not the largest.
These Christians must be trying to convince themselves of their own righteousness.
They convince no one else.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Jul 17

Originally posted by caissad4
The OP is the Beginning of Religion, not some pathetic debate between Christians wanting to one up another Christian.
Christianity is NOT the beginning of religion. It is less than 2000 years old. It is not the oldest.
These Christians must be trying to convince themselves of their own righteousness.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
In fairness, the thread title is 'The beginning of Relgion' (not 'Religion' )

* Relgion being a form of blue acidic cheese from the Basque country.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jul 17

The thing that comes to mind is our choices if we had none your complaints are valid, since we do things have to play out.
I am not talking about the predilictions of humans I am talking about the capabilites of an omniscient deity. I don't think I am being too egoistic to say an omniscient deity would know well in advance the results of any test like the one it allegedly gave Ab, it would never have needed that test in the first place. Of course people have choice, that is what free will is all about, which of course has been debated for a few thousand years.

E

Moves
10 Jul 17

Originally posted by caissad4
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Thanks for sharing your beliefs.

E

Moves
10 Jul 17

You have scripture that you think needs to be walked out in this life do you not?
That is your list.
So following the Bible is following a list, gotcha.