1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 08:26
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I have been a supporter of this website for over a decade. I'll walk away from it, however, if I find they do not have a policy for dealing with complaints of online sexual harassment. I hope Suzianne was just making it up or exaggerating something.

Thread 175932
    Supporter as in paid subscriber?

I was thinking about becoming a paid subscriber. I was also thinking about getting one of their 20 ounce coffee mugs, but the cost nearly doubles when you factor in shipping and handling
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 08:28
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Tattletale
    I think it is a serious matter even if you choose to make light of it.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 08:33
    I think it is a serious matter even if you choose to make light of it.
    More deception on your part?
    I was referring to your threat to rat out suzianne to the website admins, not sexual harassment.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 08:44
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    More deception on your part?
    I was referring to your threat to rat out suzianne to the website admins, not sexual harassment.
    It goes a bit beyond 'Suzianne', don't you think? She's either telling the truth, which means the website's behaviour/policy is atrocious ["...many women complaining about [sexual harassment/blackmail] to management" and allegedly nothing was done]. Or she's not telling the truth in which case the website should address the allegations and/or clarify what the policy was/is.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 10:46
    [b]Do you remember a user here in the early days of RHP called Bowmann? He was a sexual predator of many women here and was actively blackmailing some of them. He was never kicked off the site, despite many women complaining about him to management.
    For the record, this is news to me.

And having searched EVERY feedback since 2001, there is not a single complaint in site feedback about this character. (The normal method for reporting issues with confidentiality that I'm sure this required.)

One single feedback makes a reference to a private forum conversation with no context or details.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 11:011 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    He was never kicked off the site, despite many women complaining about him to management. He eventually left of his own accord, but only because a few convinced him he was being targeted and was about to be exposed.
    Last Bowmann move on the site : 14 Feb '07
    Last Bowmann forum post (any forum) 5 April 2007

(Bowmann has left the site)

Feedback that references possible issues with Bowmann, but no details, and certainly no accusation of what has been suggested : 12 May '07.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 11:03
    Russ!! Its a genuine honour sir. Your occasional posts are our very light 🙂
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 11:17
    A further search found a feedback complaint of abusive language from "Bowman" (note misspelling) August 2005. Again, nothing directly related to above complaint.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 11:19
    Full disclosure : No complete record of my PMs exists, so I am unable to confirm or deny any reports via personal messages. (Not the correct channel for complaints).
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 22:13
    I guess anonymously thumbing down every post of ones detractors is still an option...
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 22:18
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I guess anonymously thumbing down every post of ones detractors is still an option...
    A sign of a very disturbed person.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 08:211 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf to Suzianne
    So you believe the website was, in some way, complicit?
    So, Suzianne, do you believe Russ is telling the truth or are you sticking by your story?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 09:35
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    The wind blows!
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 10:36
    Originally posted by @russ
    For the record, this is news to me.

And having searched EVERY feedback since 2001, there is not a single complaint in site feedback about this character. (The normal method for reporting issues with confidentiality that I'm sure this required.)

One single feedback makes a reference to a private forum conversation with no context or details.
    Snap.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree