"The Causes of Atheism"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
08 Feb 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I would say that it upset me, but I don't believe that the man who said it
should be beaten up (which Googlefudge said he would like to do) for it.

Yeah, some seem to remain perpetually 16. Though, IIRC GF is still pretty young. Hopefully he'll grow out of it.

T

Moves
08 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
You know what? Just forget it. You win. Whatever weird internal "thing" keeps you acting like this, I don't need to know. Anal retentive, OCD, whatever, I don't care. And btw, if you're American, then I can only assume you're aware of colloquialisms. And regional differences in speaking that drive some people nuts. Maybe it's just that this is the wri ...[text shortened]... I'm a horrible person. I drown kittens for fun. Happy now? Or would you like some blood, too?
And btw, if you're American, then I can only assume you're aware of colloquialisms. And regional differences in speaking that drive some people nuts.

Sure I'm aware of colloquialisms. Not sure how you think that has a bearing on the fact that "in the context you said it, I can see where GF could rightly take it 'in a bad way' and still be a 'thinking person'".

You know what? Just forget it. You win. Whatever weird internal "thing" keeps you acting like this, I don't need to know. Anal retentive, OCD, whatever, I don't care... I'm not on an internet forum because I want every single thing I type analyzed six ways from Sunday EXCEPT the way I meant it and hearing infantile crap like "Well, that's not what you said". Neener, neener. Ok, great. I'm a horrible person. I drown kittens for fun. Happy now? Or would you like some blood, too?

Seems like complete meltdowns like this usually stem from pride and not wanting to admit error. Perhaps you should consider this.

T

Moves
08 Feb 14

Originally posted by googlefudge
Yeah, while I still maintain your reply to me sounded like it was a put down,
I wasn't overly upset by it, and all I needed (and got) was a clarification
of the intended meaning.

ToO I think this is a time when you're being to interrogatory.
When [for example] RC is trying to weasel out of something he said and
is trying to deny then your appro ...[text shortened]... e after page of off-topic nonsense... Like we just got.

And yes I'm partly to blame for that.
ToO I think this is a time when you're being to interrogatory.
is trying to deny then your approach and tenacity are absolutely appropriate. I don't think it is in a case like this where there was an off topic misunderstanding that was corrected.

Of course, Suzianne could have at any time stopped being so defensive and stopped with all the nonsense about "thinking people", it being a "cultural thing", it being about "colloquialisms", etc.

Moves
08 Feb 14
2 edits

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]ToO I think this is a time when you're being to interrogatory.
is trying to deny then your approach and tenacity are absolutely appropriate. I don't think it is in a case like this where there was an off topic misunderstanding that was corrected.

Of course, Suzianne could ...[text shortened]... ense about "thinking people", it being a "cultural thing", it being about "colloquialisms", etc.[/b]
seems like a totally valid misunderstanding to me and hardly something to 'bang on about' (to use a northern english phrase). it looks like googlefudge and suzianne have resolved this minor misunderstanding, maybe everybody else should (thats a polite middleclass english way of saying 'you' ) '😉.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Feb 14

[b]And btw, if you're American, then I can only assume you're aware of colloquialisms. And regional differences in speaking that drive some people nuts.

Sure I'm aware of colloquialisms. Not sure how you think that has a bearing on the fact that "in the context you said it, I can see where GF could rightly take it 'in a bad way' and still be a 'thi ...[text shortened]... ly stem from pride and not wanting to admit they are in error. Perhaps you should consider this.[/b]
You should consider getting a better attitude or at least changing your name to ThinkOfNone.

T

Moves
08 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
seems like a totally valid misunderstanding to me and hardly something to 'bang on about' (to use a northern english phrase). it looks like googlefudge and suzianne have resolved this minor misunderstanding, maybe everybody else should (thats a polite middleclass english way of saying 'you' ) '😉.
Perhaps you are unaware that my discussion with Suzianne expanded to other things. Try rereading through the posts.

D

Moves
08 Feb 14
1 edit

T

Moves
08 Feb 14

As I said, I agree that it was unfair for RO to take you to task for it. However I didn't see where GF did the same, but then I may have missed it. Direct me to where GF did and I'll take a look.

D

Moves
08 Feb 14
1 edit

Moves
08 Feb 14

please correct me if im wrong, im sure you will (and at great length). but are you aware how pompous you come across in your posts. generally i agree with what you say (usually initially, then you seem to quickly drop into obscure bickering over the minutiae of other people points). its a shame, you are obviously educationally intelligent. the one criticism that has been leveled at you in this thread that i think you should take heed of is your boasting. you do boast (maybe subconsciously).

Moves
08 Feb 14

Perhaps you are unaware that my discussion with Suzianne expanded to other things. Try rereading through the posts.
nah, your still at it about 3 or 4 posts above this, that doesnt look like moving on. anywhoo im not the forum police, if you wanna argue over semantics then go for it. it just seems that there are more important semantics to argue over than things lost in translation.

D

Moves
09 Feb 14

Moves
09 Feb 14

hehe, like clockwork.

D

Moves
09 Feb 14

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Feb 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
hehe, like clockwork.
Have a butchers at this. Sound familiar?

http://www.chessbanter.com/rec-games-chess-misc-chess/6022-nick-bourbakis-many-lies.html